• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Playing Dishonored. 3 hours in. Amazing. The art direction & atmosphere are just phenomenal.

Im gonna rent that bitch thiis weekend on redbox, pass it in 3 days, only spend 6 bucks, and troll the shit outta the OT peeps.

Just kidding but I asked how long it was and it was like dialing 911 in a rich neighborhood lol Hitcher posts a lot but I think I may step my game up this weekend. If he wins Ill make sure to make him look petty

<3

No matter what the result will be I'll probably have 50 posts on Friday calling the Portuguese players cunts.
And another 50 calling our players cunts

Zabojnik

Just kidding but I asked how long it was and it was like dialing 911 in a rich neighborhood lol Hitcher posts a lot but I think I may step my game up this weekend. If he wins Ill make sure to make him look petty

Don't think lenght is going to be a problem for me, if it even is a problem. I can already see myself exploring every corner of the city, doing all the side mission, save/loading just to try out different killing methods, etc.

It's basically Bioshock + Thief.

And I shall have 50 posts voicing my total apathy towards ROI and NI.

entrepreneur.jpg

But yeahh, NI looked dreadful against Russia. They looked like a team that would be fighting not to get relegated from the Russian First Division.

Yen

http://jolieodell.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/entrepreneur.jpg?w=620&h=380&crop=1
But yeahh, NI looked dreadful against Russia. They looked like a team that would be fighting not to get relegated from the Russian First Division.

I was joking that despite not caring about Irish football, I will have to make lots of posts to beat you

I was joking that despite not caring about Irish football, I will have to make lots of posts to beat you

Didn't you read my spoiler? You'd need 100 posts of apathy to keep up ;)

In other news, Anderlecht's Matias Suarez will be coming to CSKA Moscow for 12 million in January. Anybody know anything about him? Just reassure me by telling me he's shit. I already assume he's a cunt since his last name is Suarez.

Is that Saul Berenson?!

Yes. Have you never seen Princess Bride? Fantastic film.

dc89

I think this is Tales of The Abyss 3D! I have that game, just not started it yet, but you can clearly see even that game think's Vita is dead.

JNpvY.jpg

Mumei

I am finally getting around to watching the Bayern vs Chelsea CL Finals from last season that I recorded about a month ago.

This seems, er, frustrating. I tend to sort of subconsciously want the team currently with possession to do some fancy-pants thing and have a good go at scoring, and yet one team keeps getting foiled and the other team doesn't seem to keen on the whole "scoring" thing.

Yes, yes; anti-football

Oxx

I am finally getting around to watching the Bayern vs Chelsea CL Finals from last season that I recorded about a month ago.

This seems, er, frustrating. I tend to sort of subconsciously want the team currently with possession to do some fancy-pants thing and have a good go at scoring, and yet one team keeps getting foiled and the other team doesn't seem to keen on the whole "scoring" thing.

Yes, yes; anti-football

Both that game and the Barca/Chelsea series were just so unbelievably tense and significant that they overcame the drab-ness of much of the action.

I understand Gary Neville's wailing when Torres scored against Barca. It was a release of an hour's worth of heart-thumping pressure.

fuenf

Impossible, that game never happened.

On the one hand it's admirable what they achieved but they are among the luckiest CL winners ever, they had like 18 blocked shots, that shouldnt even be possible. Out of respect for you, i wont describe my true feelings towards Chelsea as i'd have to use a certain word (multiple times). Instead i simply invite you to join the Bayern hype train. I mean think about it, they are one of the three best sides in the world and yet oftentimes still the 'underdog.' They have swag, style and Gomez. What more could you ask for? (well winning titles maybe, but that's another story).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta "We are no longer interested in signing him [Jovetic] now."

Heh, more like they wont ever sell him to us now.

Blablurn

Yes, yes; anti-football

:/

JesusTom

England vs San Marino at Wembley on Friday is a sell-out crowd. People expecting a mass amount of goals are going to be disappointed I think.

Mumei

hahaha

And yes, when Bayern finally scored a few minutes ago the tension just broke. And then Chelsea scored four or five minutes later. Whoops. I don't really dislike Chelsea; I just associate them with John Terry and that is not a positive association.

England vs San Marino at Wembley on Friday is a sell-out crowd. People expecting a mass amount of goals are going to be disappointed I think.
Its amazing that game can sell out especially when tickets are priced as they are.

England might have a shit team but the fans are amongst the very best.

Clegg

Zola
Henry
Lukaku
Zavon Hines

If you have pace/strength/intelligence, you'll make a twat out of Carragher. Dreading what Eto'o will do, think we should play Coates and Skrtel

But that video was from 9 or 10 years ago when Carragher was half decent.

But Zola made him fall on his arse twice.

Its amazing that game can sell out especially when tickets are priced as they are.

England might have a shit team but the fans are amongst the very best.

Most willing to go to lengths to attend matches, for certain. Also quick to turn on the team, manager, unrealistic expectations, sense of mildly xenophobic superiority, annoying brass band and rubbish chants

wearing my England shirt right now

Time to look for a new job

JesusTom

Most willing to go to lengths to attend matches, for certain. Also quick to turn on the team, manager, unrealistic expectations, sense of mildly xenophobic superiority, annoying brass band and rubbish chants

wearing my England shirt right now

Time to look for a new job

England are (technically) the 3rd best team in the world.

If the FA rankings are going to rank the team as such, then so are the fans.

PaulLFC

Emin Altunay arrived at the Liverpool Academy in Kirkby last week determined to take full advantage of a 'dream come true' after he beat competition from thousands of young footballers to become Turkey's first Soccer Prince.

His prize for winning the hit reality TV show is a 12-month development programme in the UK under the guidance and direction of LFC and the aim is simple; to develop Emin to the highest level that he can achieve.

The Turkish show was an epic 51-episode series covering 15 cities the length and breadth of the country, culminating in the final in Istanbul at the end of May 2012.

Liverpool, of course, are no strangers to the Turkish capital and courtesy of the Soccer Prince show, the Reds' brand has now reached some of the most remote parts of the country.

Emin, from a small town called Hatay in Southern Turkey, close to the Syrian border, explained he felt after winning the competition: "I've been playing football since I was four years old. I've always wanted to play football and I want to thank everyone who has given me this opportunity.

"I am so lucky to be given the chance to be developed by such a famous club and I won't let them down."

Former Reds star Kevin Keegan was in Istanbul to officially crown Emin as the first Turkish Soccer Prince and other legends such as club ambassador Ian Rush, John Barnes, Dean Saunders, Didi Hamann and Gordon Milne also appeared on the show.

Keegan clearly enjoyed his time at the finale in Istanbul saying: "What this show has done for so many young people in Turkey is incredible.

"It has got young people playing the game and has changed the lives of these finalists who will never forget their experience. It was a pleasure to be involved."

Liverpool and Kickworldwide are currently working on numerous forthcoming Soccer Prince shows around the globe including India, China and Brazil.
That last sentence is very interesting, it's a fantastic idea. For the costs of developing a player it seems we basically get free scouting for the best youth players in the country. If even one of them becomes a great player for us in the future then it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom