• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

wearing my England shirt right now

I'm wearing this t-shirt.

arnoldnumero.jpg

Everything else is either in the washing basket, or on a drying rack.

Just sat waiting in doctors and thought I'd post an update on the rovers manager situation from someone who met with Shebby Singh yesterday:

We did indeed have a meeting tonight and the minutes will be out in due course, However no meeting would of been complete without a Manager update.

We asked what progress had been made, and would rovers be going down the experienced route which most supporters seem to prefer.

We was told that the calibre of applicants had been of the highest quality, however the club wanted a Manager who could be groomed into Englands answer to Mourinho. We was told that the manager did not have to be a big name or indeed be experienced. However he must share the same footballing philosophy of both Shebby and the Owners.

They would prefer a British Manager, and he ruled out Solksjaer and pretty much most of the names who have been muted. They are not after the finished article but a manager who can grow with the club and be part of the clubs future success.

At this point members of the committee, stressed that any wrong appointment or Manager deemed as a cheap option, would not be taken well by the supporter base after the experiment of the last 2 years.

We stressed that some supporters have come back on probation, and others are holding out until the appointment is made. We explained this is the biggest decision the club will ever make, and they can ill afford to get it wrong.

He explained that the final decision would rest with the owners, but it would be him who puts forward the recommendations.

He went on to quantify that any manager appointed must have a clean image/record throughout their career as a player/manager, and have no blots i.e relegations upon that record.

He ackowledged that whoever they appoint wont please everyone, we acknowledged his acknowledgement and stressed that any appointment needs to appease more than it upsets.

So in short, we are looking for a young british manager who can grow and stay with the club for many years to come

One thing is certain , a new manager will be appointed who is not already on the pay role

So it looks like we will ignore all the decent options and go cheap what a surprise

Wes

venison crêpe
England vs San Marino at Wembley on Friday is a sell-out crowd. People expecting a mass amount of goals are going to be disappointed I think.

I remember the England 7-1 San Marino game. They scored first really early I think and people were going mad is all I seem to remember before we rolled them.

Here's a question, what is the earliest game you can remember any part of as it happened (TV or Live)? Mine is England v Cameroon World Cup 1990.

Oxx

I remember the England 7-1 San Marino game. They scored first really early I think and people were going mad is all I seem to remember before we rolled them.

Here's a question, what is the earliest game you can remember any part of as it happened (TV or Live)? Mine is England v Cameroon World Cup 1990.

Gazza crying at that tournament.

Salazar

However he must share the same footballing philosophy of both Shebby and the Owners.

Granted, I'm looking at Blackburn from quite a distance, but I'm yet to see anything resembling a clue about football emerging from Shebby or the Venkys.

The idea of them "grooming" a manager is tragic.

Arjen

Most vivid game i remember is Euro 88 Final. I was 7 at the time, watched the game with my family, and how they were all going mental.

JesusTom

England 5 - 1 Germany.

Linius

That should be The Netherlands - Yugoslavia at the Euros in 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdV6B7hkkCE

So far everybody remembers an international game.

WJD

Cantona v Liverpool in the FA Cup final.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Baggio missing his penalty. I was sad for Baggio more than anything :(

Urgh I was hopin it was all in my head again but the doctor wants to do more blood tests and get me an urgent appointment at the hospital

:(
They just want more money, you're fine Tommy boy.

96 FA Cup final.

Cantonaaaa!

6 at the time.

confuziz

Banned
I was six (almost seven) at that time, so I don't really remember it. But I'm sure my family was in front of the telly :p

I was eight. I remember it as the day of yesterday.

The game was on really late (like 21:00 Amsterdam time) and we just finished eating so I wouldn't fall to sleep so early lol. Ronaldo scored pretty early in the 2nd half and Kluivert scored near the end.

Then the penalties...

Linius

I was eight. I remember it as the day of yesterday.

The game was on really late (like 21:00 Amsterdam time) and we just finished eating so I wouldn't fall to sleep so early lol. Ronaldo scored pretty early in the 2nd half and Kluivert scored near the end.

Then the penalties...

After that Yugoslavia game we had the Italy game which also ended in tears and penaltys. I remember my dad getting in the car to take a drive, he couldn't stand watching penals. We suck at penals :(

Kyoufu

RVP was not convicted or even brought to trial so it's rather unfair and inaccurate to call him a rapist.

This is mostly me being mad at his shenanigans against us. I'm not ACTUALLY accusing him of rape (but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true).

Just sat waiting in doctors and thought I'd post an update on the rovers manager situation from someone who met with Shebby Singh yesterday:

So it looks like we will ignore all the decent options and go cheap what a surprise

I can't help but think of Shearer...

GorillaJu

This is mostly me being mad at his shenanigans against us. I'm not ACTUALLY accusing him of rape (but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true).

I can't help but think of Shearer...

The first rule of being a football fan is that whatever you want to believe is 100% true.

qindarka

Banned
First game I watched was probably Germany-US in the 2002 World Cup. Wanted Korea to win the WC because they were from Asia but supported Germany after the semi final. Stopped following football until the 2006 World Cup.

Arnie

I'm glad Rodgers responded to Shearer's bullshit, albeit belatedly.

"I saw someone recently criticising Joe Allen for not playing risk passes. Unbelievable. So-called pundits who don't know the dynamics of a team and how it functions," said Rodgers. "Joe's role is to keep the ball and that, in Britain, is a special talent. It is why Paul Scholes is still playing at his age. It is such a rare talent for a midfielder to rarely give the ball away."

Best of luck Jeff.

FootballFan

What the hell... that post in the fifa 13 thread. I can't believe people sometimes lol.

This one:
Good tip to level your vp up:
- Make your VP a defender
- Go into a drop-in match with maximum 4 players
- make sure you go any
- always pass to your VP, dont care about the score and just start doing dribbles. This will piss other people off but whatever.
- if it's a 1v1, message the other guy asking to boost VP. If he doesn't want to, treaten to quit at 90th minute so he doesnt get his accomplishments for that game.

extra tip:
- every 2 levels you can buy a permanent boost for your VP in the EASFC (for example: +1 on all your passing attributes). They only cost 300 EA points which you'll easely get every 2 levels and if you have the 10k EASFC points bonus it's no biggy at all.

I got the dribbling 130 opponents in under 10 games.

If you're lucky you can team up with someone you know by going into drop in match at the same time. 1 guy go ANY , other guy go keeper on the other team and just let the guy who's any score for everywhere. This is easier if you have 4 people and you can create 2 clubs. It's easier to get matched up against eachother in clubs as their are less clubs and it's per division.

got my vp upto 50% in 2 days.

YbX49.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom