• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Proper tempted to buy Dishonored. I'm alternating between FIFA13 and Resident Evil 6 currently, and Assassin's Creed 3 is out at the end of the month, so I'm worried about time. Though the last game I'll be getting this year is Hitman (which is next month) so I have plenty of time until January to get good game time in for 4 titles.

Anyone here pick up Dishonored?

Yes. I am completely and totally 100% infatuated. I love this game. It's a love letter to level design. If you enjoy good PC games with good level design, you will like this game.

Scum

Isn't Roy supposed to be having a press conference today?

nP9rS.jpg

Ox: "Come join us, Katie."
Defoe: "Oi! Willy. You're lucky JT isn't 'ere!"
Everyone: *laughs*
Will: "Shut it, c**t."

Arnie

Just watched Being Liverpool to see that Rodgers stole Ferguson's envelope trick. In Ferguson's variation there were no names in the envelope, and I think Rodgers will cheat in a similar fashion, by including Downing three times in his.

Linius

Some not great pics here, I was about 5 rows from the front.

The stage setup is incredible, the video screens move around. Idioteque was basically a wall of blinding light.

I saw this set-up at Coachella. I stayed up at night to watch the live streams :p

I'm getting to the concert early to get in front as well.

Arnie

What's Ferguson's envelope trick?

Holds up three envelopes and says he's written down three names of people that will let us down this season. It's just basic psychology, causes certain players to work extra hard in order to prove not to be deserving of the envelope. Reina came out today and said he thought it's a good technique, but I'm not sure it'll be unanimously loved within the squad. I can imagine Downing wasn't sitting too comfortably after it, not Carroll (who was still there at the time).

Either way, when Ferguson did it back in the early 1990s, it was just after they'd won the league, so competition and expectation within the squad was huge. He didn't write any names, either. I very much doubt Rodgers wrote any names too.
Arnie is there a montage of Rodgers touching faces? Please say yes.

Not that I know of. He does do it with alarming frequency though.

There's a naughty montage of him at the end of the latest episode though.

Salvadora

Holds up three envelopes and says he's written down three names of people that will let us down this season. It's just basic psychology, causes certain players to work extra hard in order to prove not to be deserving of the envelope. Reina came out today and said he thought it's a good technique, but I'm not sure it'll be unanimously loved within the squad. I can imagine Downing wasn't sitting too comfortably after it, not Carroll (who was still there at the time).

Either way, when Ferguson did it back in the early 1990s, it was just after they'd won the league, so competition and expectation within the squad was huge. He didn't write any names, either. I very much doubt Rodgers wrote any names too.

Thanks for that, I still have to catch up with Being Liverpool. Only watched the first one iirc and it was a bit boring but I'll power through. Seems like some interesting stuff in there.

juanpablo

Banned
Oh DeutscheGAF this is Ireland calling, can you hear us?

Look at this team:

Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Ward, McCarthy, Andrews, Fahey, McGeady, Walters, Cox.

This team of fighters, this team of men, are going to stomp all over your pretty boys with their fancy passing ways. Smoky Ozil and overconfident Schweinsteiger and the rest of the schnitzel loving, lederhosen wearing Germany players won't know whats hit him after Jon Walters 'bumps' into them.

Don't say you haven't been warned....

YNBTI

fuenf

Look at this team:

Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Ward, McCarthy, Andrews, Fahey, McGeady, Walters, Cox.

This team of fighters, this team of men, are going to stomp all over your pretty boys with their fancy passing ways. Smoky Ozil and overconfident Schweinsteiger and the rest of the schnitzel loving, lederhosen wearing Germany players won't know whats hit him after Jon Walters 'bumps' into them.

YNBTI

Are those the players that werent good enough for the England / Wales / Scotland / Northern Ireland teams? Seriously, that team looks like the Team GB reserves.

Willkiller was damn lucky. But those are good stories. Will be my first Radiohead concert, hope they blow me away.

I was!

They will, no doubt about it. One of the most impressive things is how well they've translated the King of Limbs stuff live, I'm not a huge fab of the album versions but they sounded incredible live. Lotus Flower, Bloom, Feral and Magpie sounded spectacular.

Löw about Schmelzer:
"There aren't that many alternatives, so we must continue to work with Schmelzer for the next two, three, four, five months."
"There are only a few alternatives, I can't make them myself."

Löw is either a JT like cunt or just a moron. He said that Schmelzer is shit after the last qualifiying match and now before the next one. That stuff will totally make Schmelzer feel confident. Don't know why he even bothers with Schmelzer anymore, he won't play good when Löw treats him like this.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Look at this team:

YNBTI

LOL

A+

what does YNBTI mean?

Clegg

Are those the players that werent good enough for the England / Wales / Scotland / Northern Ireland teams? Seriously, that team looks like the Team GB reserves.

It's the team that's better than Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland.

But thats like being the tallest midget. Not really a bragging matter.

operon

Are you smoking something, not that FIFA rankings can be taken too seriously but we're well ranked higher than Scotland, Wales and Norn Ireland, when did they last get into a tournament, England being the exception to that list and they would only try to paklm of JTs on to is if they could

Meier

I am pretty sure Ivanovic plays at RB for Serbia.

I think that's true. I'm not sure if Nastasic would play if Vidic weren't injured but he's obviously out again and has been playing in place of him alongside Milan Biševac lately (Kolarov is the other Fullback).

Meier

Hasn't Vidic retired from international football?

That makes sense. He's been injured so much lately that it's probably in his best interest.

Edit: Just looked it up on wiki and yes, he did announce his retirement from it in Oct 2011. There is also this line that requires a citation: "However, with Siniša Mihajlović as the new Serbian coach it is rumored that he will reconsider returning to the national team duties for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers." I guess we'll see in March if there is any truth to that.

juanpablo

Banned

Not good enough for Scotland/Wales/Norn Iron? Many, many LOLs at that. The Scots are still bitter that we've poached their best talent in a generation. Likewise the nordies. We also poached the England U21 captain Ciaran Clark but the English didn't complain thankfully and didn't make shapes about taking the FAI to CAS. (Unlike certain other FA's).

LOL

A+

what does YNBTI mean?

73872429.jpg

I think thats Clegg in the picture.

Scotland are probably better than Ireland, these days. That team looks woefully weak. Not much excitement to it.

LOL, this guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom