• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger aims to sign new striker in January transfer window
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...n-new-striker-in-January-transfer-window.html
Unsurprising to be honest.

I still think Jojo will end up at City. We apparently offered €25m rather than the €30m of his buyout but were turned down. I imagine we'll pony up the extra 5m and make it official in January.

At this point, I'd rather we get rid of Balotelli than Dzeko personally. I think he's too much of a distraction to be worth it in the end. Even in the game the other day, he was arguing a bit (not as bad as in the previous match) with Aleks about taking the FK which Aleks ultimately scored.

Salvadora

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/45405/behind-the-numbers
Nice article about Arsenal's season numbers so far.
TACKLES WON

Arteta has excelled in a deeper midfield role so far this season. Indeed, he has won more tackles than any other Arsenal player (31).

The 24 tackles Arteta has won in the league is the second highest tally in the whole division, just one behind West Ham's Mark Noble.
SUCCESSFUL PASSES

Mikel Arteta is streets ahead in this particular category, as he is for the whole of the Premier League.

In the first seven league games the Spaniard has completed 617 passes – that's 74 more than the league's next best, Yaya Toure (543). His passing accuracy rate (93.77 per cent) is also better than any other player in the top 50 for most completed passes in the Premier League.

In addition Arteta has completed 173 passes in two Champions League games, making 790 in all, meaning he makes a successful pass every 61.5 seconds in all.
TOUCHES

There is nobody better than Arteta in this category either. It will probably come as no surprise that he has had the most touches of the ball so far this season - nearly 1,000 for both competitions.

The midfielder also leads the overall Premier League charts in this regard, from Yaya Toure (684) and Cazorla (675). Jenkinson (604) and Gibbs (556) are also in the top 10 for the league.
FOULS WON

Arteta also leads another category - fouls won. The 30 year-old has been fouled 20 times this season (16 in the league), just ahead of Cazorla (18).

Arteta is not the most fouled player in the Premier League though, he is currently sixth in those rankings (led by Chelsea's Eden Hazard with 21).
Arteta is such a beast.

jtb

Banned
Llorente on a free? Seems a bit pointless given we just bought Giroud, but I'd take it. It's a very Wenger-esque signing. Better than nothing, I guess.

Hvo0t.jpg

Pretty hot.

I think this is the first game in ages I remember there not being a single shot (on or off target) in the 1st half

Germany U19 v Macedonia U19

This young German side have scored at least 3 goals in their last 10 home games.

3Sixty

I think this is the first game in ages I remember there not being a single shot (on or off target) in the 1st half

This young German side have scored at least 3 goals in their last 10 home games.

Tough finding games to bet on tonight? Was looking at the youth internationals but didn't fancy any of the odds.

Is Weihrauch playing?

Dunno mate, but they've just scored a pen right before HT with their first strike.

meus, are you betting on tomorrow's games?

Probably. Will PM you some tips if you like

Tough finding games to bet on tonight? Was looking at the youth internationals but didn't fancy any of the odds.

I examine the tips, check each teams form, and choose a few things. Wasn't too difficult and everything so far is going well, but there wasn't much to choose from I agree. Tomorrow will be risky - internationals never go well for me. Then again I wont bet on the league when it starts. Post-international form is unpredictable

elsk

Banned

Looks like Yesil scored a penalty, where are you watching the match? I can't find a stream :/

bud

Probably. Will PM you some tips if you like

i'd like that. i'll just bet whatever you're betting on to be honest.

i'm pretty small time compared to you guys; i've never put more than four bucks on a match, haha.

when i was banned, i saw you post a screenshot of your 915 pound accumulator. sucks that that didn't work out for you.

last week the only game that fucked up my accumulator (7 games or so), was the milan - inter game. i bet on more than 2.5 goals. i'm still baffled by that decision.

Looks like Yesil scored a penalty, where are you watching the match? I can't find a stream :/

I'm not 'watching' it per se, but rather viewing on screen graphics that represent attacks, throw ins, free kicks and corners. Looks like this

20121011-ech6whxfanbh8kmj37g5x1ybfy.jpg

When a team scores, it plays an audio of a crowd celebrating

Do you think that the hate for Suarez justifies the clear discrepancy between the reporting of his dive and Huth's stamp?

No, but I think it explains it. People enjoy calling Suarez a cunt, there's plenty of evidence for it too. He gives something every week.

Huth? No one really gives a fuck.

No, but I think it explains it. People enjoy calling Suarez a cunt, there's plenty of evidence for it too. He gives something every week.

Huth? No one really gives a fuck.

Not every week, maybe 4 in every 5 :p

Does anyone care about Stoke's chairman's brother/cousin's thoughts about the appropriate punishment for diving though?

@Messi, Wilde Thing

just out of curiosity: what is the largest amount of money you've won with a single bet? how much did you bet?

£5

Bet was £5 each way, he thought Germany would win Euro 2012 a week or so in, I still thought Spain would win.

The bastard left the job before paying me though :p

LegoArmo

I put a tenner on Anelka to score first and Chelsea to win 2-0 once, at 33/1.

It was against Liverpool, it all went to plan, except Benayoun was clean through on goal in stoppage time and somehow missed.

It was meant to be.

Fintan

just out of curiosity: what is the largest amount of money you've won with a single bet? how much did you bet?

Up until last week the most I'd ever won was €26 on Spain to win the Euros with Torres top scorer. If he'd been outright top scorer it would've been about 125 euro, but it was a six way tie so the odds were cut. I think I bet 5 euro.

And last week, 2 of my friends and I won €3350 on an accumulator from €1.

Pretty much the only two football bets I've ever won. Probably spent about €100 betting on football total. I usually end up one game off or something annoying like that.

Hixx

Something like £40 when I put a few quid on when I was a young'un at Newcastle races.

I came out of there with close to £100 and I wasn't even 10. Pure luck. My dad and grandad stopped putting me bets on 'cause they thought it was unhealthy!

Fintan

My new idol. Inspirationnal. What kind of accumulator was that though?

Just standard football match bets. We got one of those big sheets where you tick off the results and then get you the print out thing. It was cool knowing exactly how much we could win. We were treating it mostly as a joke because at half time I think at least half of them were going wrong. But things started to turn around and 70 minutes. Then Baines scored that penalty for Everton. We sort of freaked out in the middle of the pub and then waited nervously for the full times.

Here's the actual bet:
Swansea-Reading to Draw
Wigan-Everton to Draw
Oldham to Win
Crewe to Win
Nottingham Forest to Win
Hull to Win
Morecambe/Burton to Draw
Aberdeen to Win

Does anyone bet on any other sports? I know someone who makes OK money from horses but it never interested me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom