• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is me.

Why do you have a picture of a child molester as your profile sig?

You into that kind of thing?....

CjCfM.jpg

Are you not into that?

It's btw perfectly legal to fuck a 17 year old in France and really most places, just too young for prostitution.

Clegg

TBH it's very hard to give a shit about the Irish football team. Interest is at an all time low. We're always shit and very rarely play well.

Our national rugby team is a different story. We're sometimes shit and other times we'll best the very best in the world (except New Zealand). But at least they're entertaining, unlike Traps bunch.

TBH it's very hard to give a shit about the Irish football team. Interest is at an all time low. We're always shit and very rarely play well.

Our national rugby team is a different story. We're sometimes shit and other times we'll best the very best in the world. But at least they're entertaining, unlike Traps bunch.

The Irish fans on RAWK* were very odd over the Euros. In the qualification stage, everyone was loving Trappatoni, and saying that the football didn't matter because you were getting results. But then, as soon as that style of football stopped working at the tournament, they completely overreacted and started calling for Trappatoni's sacking, and criticising his squad selections, lineups and formations.

To me, with the team you have it was pretty much an achievement just to get there

* no comments :p

Clegg

The Irish fans on RAWK were very odd over the Euros. In the qualification stage, everyone was loving Trappatoni, and saying that the football didn't matter because you were getting results. But then, as soon as that style of football stopped working at the tournament, they completely overreacted and started calling for Trappatoni's sacking, and criticising his squad selections, lineups and formations.

To me, with the team you have it was pretty much an achievement just to get there

Trap deserves a lot of credit for getting us there. I agree that it's only the results that matter but during the qualification group we fluked some of our results and were very fortunate with our play-off draw for the Euro's.

I knew we weren't very good and that we'd probably get slaughtered in the competition but that didn't really matter to me. But there were a lot of people in the country that were optimistic about our chances of qualification to the second round. They got a nasty shock after our opening game.

There's also the problem with Trap himself. He's fallen out with a few players and the players he's brought in as replacements are pretty crap.

operon

The Irish fans on RAWK* were very odd over the Euros. In the qualification stage, everyone was loving Trappatoni, and saying that the football didn't matter because you were getting results. But then, as soon as that style of football stopped working at the tournament, they completely overreacted and started calling for Trappatoni's sacking, and criticising his squad selections, lineups and formations.

* no comments :p

Trap deserves a lot of credit for getting us there. I agree that it's only the results that matter but during the qualification group we fluked some of our results and were very fortunate with our play-off draw for the Euro's.

I knew we weren't very good and that we'd probably get slaughtered in the competition but that didn't really matter to me. But there were a lot of people in the country that were optimistic about our chances of qualification to the second round. They got a nasty shock after our opening game.

There's also the problem with Trap himself. He's fallen out with a few players and the players he's brought in as replacements are pretty crap.

Hes plays the system that suits what we have. We haven't got the players and should be glad the we managed to get there in the first place. Think most of the players got shell shock with never having being in a big tournament before. Lots of rebuilding to do

Meier

In other news, qindarka = Ryan Bertrand himself? ;)

"Just to clarify.... It's not a 'sore throat'," Bertrand tweeted. "I'm ill, swollen glands in my neck and constant headache for three days now and freezing cold.

"Do you think a 'sore throat' could stop me being a part of a match for my club or country? #yourfuckingnuts this is what every boy dreams of."

Bertrand has since deleted the tweet, and followed up with an apology, which read: "sorry if I offended anyone by swearing as I don't encourage that type of language. Was just disappointed at the thought of people thinking I only have a sore throat. Which is not the case."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/11/ryan-bertrand-england-twitter

juanpablo

Banned

Germany game is a sell-out bar a few premium seats?

Our national rugby team is a different story. We're sometimes shit and other times we'll best the very best in the world (except New Zealand). But at least they're entertaining, unlike Traps bunch.

Pfft Rugby Union, who care's about that minority sport?

Nah I don't like paying, but consensual sex with a 17 year old? Yes and it would be perfectly legal, cause it's not a child at all. ;)

If only Franck himself followed this sage, sound advice.

Is this guy part of the so-called PC brigade? Lay off man.

Tis' but a bit of banter. You should give it a try sometime, laughs all round.

Either that or you feeling a bit guilty about something. Perhaps you're like ol' Franck and are fond of a bit of some juvenile prozzie action? Tell Juanpablo all about it, I don't judge, I just listen.

Juanpablo - are you here to talk football or....?

Sorry 'bout that, dc89, I'll let you get back to posting about the TV shows you're watching........

Meier

One last news item.. apparently del Piero turned down the Liverpool offer due to the Heysel tragedy.

However, the former Italy international has again insisted he was given the chance to move to Merseyside but felt he could not move to Anfield, out of respect for the 39 Juventus fans who died when trouble flared at the 1985 European Cup final against Liverpool, played at the Heysel Stadium in Brussels.

"Why I said no to Liverpool? The negotiations with Sydney were at an advanced stage and then I thought about what had happened at Heysel," Del Piero told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "Juventus and Liverpool have been able to reconstruct their relationship but for many people that tragedy is an indelible memory."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ected-move-to-liverpool-due-to-heysel?cc=5901

Clegg

Germany game is a sell-out bar a few premium seats?

Pfft Rugby Union, who care's about that minority sport?
Germany is the glamour opponent of the group. Of course it's going to be a sell-out.

For the European Championship qualifiers we were selling about 35,000 out of a possible 45,000 seats. And even then there were a lot of people who didn't bother going even though they had tickets.

And in terms of attendance and successful clubs, Rugby is bigger than Football in Ireland.

spidye

Löw about Marcel Schmelzer said:
Er hat gegen Österreich kein gutes Spiel gemacht. Viele Alternativen gibt es jetzt auch nicht, also müssen wir mit Schmelzer die nächsten zwei, drei, vier fünf Monate weiterarbeiten, das werden wir auch, und Alternativen schaffen.

WOW :lol

that's really harsh

juanpablo

Banned
Hes plays the system that suits what we have. We haven't got the players and should be glad the we managed to get there in the first place. Think most of the players got shell shock with never having being in a big tournament before. Lots of rebuilding to do

I'd put it in simpler terms operon. Our senior players fluffed their lines. Dunner, Given, Robbie all failed to shine. Yeah we can blame the tactics and the sheer quality of the group opponents, but the senior players let the side down imo.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juanpablo do you blame injuries after a loss/draw/ugly win?

Don't be alarmed I'm just checking here.........

Yen

Tis' but a bit of banter. You should give it a try sometime, laughs all round.

1) People saying 'the' Arsenal
2) The word 'banter'
3) Commentators and pundits being afraid to use the word 'dive' when discussing a British/Irish player
4) Claiming that a draw/loss is harsh when your result hasn't been affected by the officials/unfortunate circumstance
5) Mark Halsey
6) Everything Eric Cantona ever did being cosidered a stroke of genius
7) Lee Sharpe's dress sense
8) 'Olé'
9) Going over the top when defending the suggestion of bias and incompetence
10) Typical *, leaving things til the last minute/making things hard for ourselves/screwing up when we're on the verge of success
11) Teams that play on with an 'injured' teammate, then expect the other team to put the ball out when they lose it

Salvadora

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger aims to sign new striker in January transfer window
Arsène Wenger has asked his network of scouts to search for another new striker ahead of the January transfer window as Arsenal continue the process of replacing Robin van Persie. Wenger has specifically told his scouts to be on the look-out for potential new attacking options over the coming months, with Fernando Llorente, Adrián López, Robert Lewandowski and Stevan Jovetic among those being monitored.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...n-new-striker-in-January-transfer-window.html
Unsurprising to be honest.

juanpablo

Banned
Germany is the glamour opponent of the group. Of course it's going to be a sell-out.

For the European Championship qualifiers we were selling about 35,000 out of a possible 45,000 seats. And even then there were a lot of people who didn't bother going even though they had tickets.

Yeah thats fair enough, but I'd consider that as much a consequence of obscene ticket prices and the general recession.

Case in point, the group of people I used to go with on a regular basis to Lansdowne have now either emigrated or on the dole.

And even with this supposed lack of interest, in the last euro qualifiyng campaign wasn't our average home attendance amongst the highest in Europe. Not bad for a small country where rugby is supposedly a more popular sport *snigger*.

And in terms of attendance and successful clubs, Rugby is bigger than Football in Ireland.

Where it matters - the number of people playing a particular sport - football triumphs Rugby Union, Hurling and Gaelic football in Ireland. Check out stats from the relevant Government department if you don't want to believe me. (this topic was argued on the boards.ie soccer forum a while back)

As for attendances, if we bastardized all the LoI and IL clubs into 4 geographical entities, then yeah maybe we'd have crowds like the rugger buggers, but I'd rather die then see something like that happen tbh.

Munster Football club? *puke* CCFC 'til i die.

Salvadora

Don't think they'll get Lewandowski or Jovetic as they'll be too expensive.

Llorente is in the last year of his contract though. He's definitely a possibility.

I think it'll seal the deal for Walcott to leave if we do sign a striker in the winter window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom