• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
ij89KHRENOXw5.jpg
<3 You magnificent little pharaoh. Best player of our last three matches, definitely in great shape.

Yesterday match was boring. We had a nice start, but after the first goal we just sat down and let Cagliari do their match, while going really close to draw. The second half was pretty dull as well, thankfully Conti got sent out, El Sha scored his second goal and made everything a little easier (he also helped our defenders near the end of the match. After 2 years of Ibra this is something new). Montolivo and Traorè were pretty awful (well, except for Monto's assist, the rest was painful to watch), De Sciglio did surprisingly well as LB (that Antonini-Mesbah dark age might be over soon), De Jong received his yellow card too soon, which made his match a lot harder. Lol Constant.

Also, Tassotti. I can see Allegri risking a lot next Saturday, if he manages to lose against Parma something good will happen.

Edit: congrats choodi! :D

Wes

venison crêpe
Really? Wow if anyone gets a code they don't want/need (if it's not too much trouble) I'd be eternally grateful.

"Back when we revealed that you would be able to play Company of Heroes 2 at this year's Eurogamer Expo, we promised that everyone who played it (or attended the developer session on Saturday at 2.30pm) would get "a special gift".
Today we're very happy to reveal that the special gift will be... a unique Steam code that grants you beta access to Company of Heroes 2! There will be a closed beta phase at some point in the future, and your code will get you into that.
"

So we beed Quiche to go to the booth to play it, and also to go to the presentation. If he goes back and forth about 3 times he should get enough keys for all of us!

Oh dear the Copenhagen squad is a mess, anyone know when they will do the first real squad updates? Elks linked me to some data reviewer stuff for EA and I know Copenhagen certainly are not that big a mess in that data, in the Vanille version they got both central midfielders on the wings and the wingers in the central midfield. :lol

qindarka

Banned
My first five games of online Fifa results in a draw followed by four straight defeats, including guiding QPR to a 4-0 defeat to Frankfurt.

Edit: Blablurn, do give your ID after this. Still not sure how to set up matches with specific people, though.

Bumhead

Banned
Oh dear the Copenhagen squad is a mess, anyone know when they will do the first real squad updates? Elks linked me to some data reviewer stuff for EA and I know Copenhagen certainly are not that big a mess in that data, in the Vanille version they got both central midfielders on the wings and the wingers in the central midfield. :lol

Wednesday are pretty bad as well. Stats are up and down, some positions are wrong, spome appearences are wildly wrong..

Our commentary line is the same as in the last couple of games as well, referring to us being shit and skint, basically. Not really all that great when we have been financially safe for 2 years now and got promoted last season.

Playing as the bigger Premier League clubs is excellent but sounds like EA have put the minimum basic effort into the lower league clubs. Shame really. Might just stick to Ultimate Team and a Premiership career mode for now.

Playing as the bigger Premier League clubs is excellent but sounds like EA have put the minimum basic effort into the lower league clubs. Shame really. Might just stick to Ultimate Team and a Premiership career mode for now.

You should go and apply for data reviewer thing and fix it for them, I did that with Copenhagen, just waiting for actual patch now haha

dc89

Got FIFA 13 on Ps3 today. Haven't played yet as i am currently in the hospital awaiting the arrival of my first child.

I am not very good at FIFA and will probably not be on at the same time as most of you euro blokes, but anyone from Australia keen for a game should add me on psn.

Same name as gaf name.

Awesome!

Guys, is Pulis the biggest joke in the PL or what?

Wants a 3 game ban for diving as its cheating. (I agree it's cheating).

So what does he propose to do about players who handle the ball multiple times in the area and then go on to score?

Pulis is holier than thou only when it suits though.

What time is the JT verdict announced?

Well, they don't have to announce it today. The FA waited on releasing the Suarez report and got criticised for it so we're unsure if they will do the report earlier and release it with the (lets face it practically guarenteed) sentence today or maybe tomorrow or whether they will wait a few days and release it all then.

Im expecting at least 8 match ban but they will appeal I guess.

fuenf

Some of the classy goals from yesterday I thought I'd make a gif of.
Usami

ibbZ1UCD9C4Tqp.gif

awesome goal, always liked Usami. Too bad he never got a fair shot at Bayern.

u know who i miss? bixtente lizarazu. he was such a badass back in the days. he played left back. won champions league, euro and the world cup during his time.

lizarazu_pokal_5x4_Diashow.jpg

here is one awesome goal he scored in 1999.

he even dared to slap lothar matthäus :D

he was definitely one of a kind. a player of a different generation. a true fighter.

totally agreed, sir.

What a quality player and Kopfballungeheuer. Hope Javi can be just like him, Liza was absolutely amazing and has one of the best careers ever. Hope he'll decide to coach someday, he'd make an awesome Bayern coach!!!

:D Dat Hargreves pass! Makaay - Das Phantom. Man, i remember that goal like it was yesterday, pure magic. Just like Makaay's goal 'in der 10. SPIELSEKUNDE' against Real :D

We got ourselves the first ever Footbonaut. You jelly?

nZiAj.jpg

Borussia Dortmund showcase 'The Footbonaut'

i want one too! :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Im expecting at least 8 match ban but they will appeal I guess.

Do they have grounds for an appeal? Just like with Suarez he has admitted using racial language, only disputing the context. I expect him to just suck it up and serve the ban without dragging it out any longer.

qindarka

Banned
Do they have grounds for an appeal? Just like with Suarez he has admitted using racial language, only disputing the context. I expect him to just suck it up and serve the ban without dragging it out any longer.

I suppose we could cite the court decision though the FA should have already taken that into account. Anyway, Luiz and Cahill at the back should be ok, we may be in a bit of trouble if either of them are injured though.

dc89

Official Nintendo Magazine say FIFA13 on Wii is identical to FIFA12.

Well Wii is dead but that's harsh charging full whack for it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Official Nintendo Magazine say FIFA13 on Wii is identical to FIFA12.

Well Wii is dead but that's harsh charging full whack for it.

EA always do this with new hardware, they did it with the Vita and 360 as well. They're a bunch of lazy shits.

EDIT: Wait are you talking about the Wii and not the WiiU?

EA always do this with new hardware, they did it with the Vita and 360 as well. They're a bunch of lazy shits.

Stuff is haaaaard and stuff.

Plus a majority of Nintendo consumers aren't all that discerning, let's face it.

Edit: Wii U

dc89

Yup. Vita version is just updated kits and rosters from the FIFA Football it launched with.

So no buy for me. Vita is doomed.

And yes, I was talking about the Wii. Wii U version appears to have some rich features but that's it really.

Well I was listening to BBC 5Live or talksport the other day and they the difference could be that Suarez admitted saying it several times whereas Terry only said it once and disputes how his comment was meant.

Which could lead to a reduction in the ban but i wouldn't have thought it likely. With a run against the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, City and Spurs coming up they will try and delay it so he can play as many of those as possible.

Az

Nice avatar.

Was genuinely talking before about who people would rather have: Shelvey or Cleverley. Answers were mixed. I of course went with the former.
Shelvey is more all rounded.

Cleverley is probably the neater passer, but that's about it.

Shelvey is like 3 years younger too, not that it always makes a difference as Super Tom is generally behind his curve, but nonetheless.

elsk

Banned
Having a small squad is great for the youngsters. That's what LvG did to have an excuse for promoting pretty much the whole youth team to the first team :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom