• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Juventus - Roma preview. Man, we're trolling hard. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=SDh_beeyKEU

Well, I guess the scudetto has been assigned already. Congrats, Napoli.

NEWS_1337763335_2012-05-23_08.30.06.jpg

Arnie

Shelvey is more all rounded.

Cleverley is probably the neater passer, but that's about it.

Shelvey is like 3 years younger too, not that it always makes a difference as Super Tom is generally behind his curve, but nonetheless.

Yep, Shelvey's development is quite a bit ahead of Cleverley's, and barring injuries I think Shelvey will be a frightening player in 3 years.

By the way, that photo of Suso is his Twitter profile picture. Him and Rodgers are like best buds. There's a great clip in the latest episode of Being Liverpool where it's training and Rodgers barks instructions to Suso in Spanish.

Salazar

Was genuinely talking before about who people would rather have: Shelvey or Cleverley. Answers were mixed. I of course went with the former.

Of course.

I just hope ClevGod doesn't get pushed too far forward. He could have a solid international career if dicks like Hodgson didn't get it into their tiny head that he's a consistent final-third creator. The wounding irony is that England fucking need, and will continue to need, players who can advance the ball towards and over the halfway line with composure and with their head up, and busily make themselves available for passes from pressured players in front and behind. I'm confident enough that ClevGod will get to develop in this role for United, and that's what primarily counts, but it'll be a pisstake if he gets pushed forward as an international.

Shelvey is, on the other hand, fecking dangerous pushed forward.

Arnie

Of course.

I just hope ClevGod doesn't get pushed too far forward. He could have a solid international career if dicks like Hodgson didn't get it into their tiny head that he's a consistent final-third creator. The wounding irony is that England fucking need, and will continue to need, players who can advance the ball towards and over the halfway line with composure and with their head up, and busily make themselves available for passes from pressured players in front and behind. I'm confident enough that ClevGod will get to develop in this role for United, and that's what primarily counts, but it'll be a pisstake if he gets pushed forward as an international.

Yes, Scholes situation all over again. England need to nurture these technical passers, rather than look to batter the opposition's door down with power and strength. Before Cleverley scored last night I was on the cusp of writing a semi-positive praise post about him. He's good.

Will still take ET though.

And out of no where Guidetti comes out with some pretty heavy allegations.

Says when he joined City he was bullied, spat on and had his shoes damaged. Seems to mention Vieira and Kolo Toure.

http://translate.google.com/transla...paa-meg-og-skar-i-stykker-skoene-3887072.html

Saw it on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...my/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Guy I know who used to be at the EDS or whatever it was called before said Vieira used to be a dick to all the young players when he would train with them. Not sure why Guidetti is coming out with this type of stuff publicly though.

Yep, Shelvey's development is quite a bit ahead of Cleverley's, and barring injuries I think Shelvey will be a frightening player in 3 years.

By the way, that photo of Suso is his Twitter profile picture. Him and Rodgers are like best buds. There's a great clip in the latest episode of Being Liverpool where it's training and Rodgers barks instructions to Suso in Spanish.
Saw that. You can tell from that latest episode that Rodger's loves Shelvey. Also more face touching.

What Gerrard said about fans already knowing about all the young players was spot on. Much harder to break through these days I think.

Of course.

Shelvey is, on the other hand, fecking dangerous pushed forward.
For you.

ieSzUA0qMUBCm.gif

Haha! This is great! Somebody has started a @Fifa13Rules account of apology rules for when you play FIFA with your mates.

These are amazing:

Fifa13 Apology Rules ‏@FIFA13Rules
Score a goal with Rio Ferdinand and your opponent must buy you a choc ice.

Take the ball from Luis Suarez with Evra 5 times in one game and your opponent must do a public nazi salute for 5 minutes.

Win by 3 goals as South Korea, and your opponent must perform the Gangnam style dance in public for 30 minutes.

Score a header with Aaron Lennon and your opponent must shave his eyebrows.

And of course..

If you score a hatrick with John Terry you have the right to shag your opponent's girlfriend.

GorillaJu

Tanaka Youko? Really guys? I don't think any of the girls on the Japanese women's team are attractive, but if I were to pick one it would be Nakada Ayu, without a doubt. I guess Youko is cute in the same way any Japanese high school girl can be cute.

This happened while I was banned so I couldnt mention it here, but I'm pretty proud because one of my students was called up to the Japanese women's U17s two weeks ago.

GorillaJu

I talked her up a few pages back.

Good man. She is pretty cute. I mean, as a high school teacher, she looks identical to about 300 girls that I see every week. But, those 300 girls aren't also footballers.

iAq3OdhMdX4sV.jpg

Youko and Ayu are the two furthest red shirts on the left.

I personally don't think any female footballer I've ever seen can compare to Alex Morgan, though.

"My copy of #fifa13 has just arrived. Thanks @easportsfifa ! Game's up!"

Kun will be playing some FIFA!

Even for you this is lame :p

In other news I think I just got done speeding in a 20mph zone, 2 cameras one facing each way with 1 police and 3 volunteers with clipboards

My own fault I suck

Wes

venison crêpe
4 match ban.

Someone also said potentially a £220k fine, not confirmed though.

Edit: BBC just confirmed the fine.

4 game ban... SSN confirming £220k ban.

2 weeks to appeal, tbh I would wait 13 days and say after further consideration I will not be appealing.

If you're guilty of something like that (which the FA have said he is) then a 4 match ban is pretty insulting. Should be more.

Bumhead

Banned
4 game ban and a fine for something that has dragged on for months and which the laws of this land have already cleared him of.

JT is a.. well, he's a JT, but this is a bad joke.

The FA are a disgraceful institution and aren't fit for purpose.

PJX

Repeated use of the word.

I don't want to get into it about Suarez but the FA never provided this so call video evidence of him repeatedly using the word. All they did was took Evra word for it. Suarez admitted that he did say it but only the once.

UK is a joke of a country.

D_prOdigy

4 game ban and a fine for something that has dragged on for months and which the laws of this land have already cleared him of.

Different ball-park though, innit? The FA doesn't profess to be the law, but they can still lay 'it' down, as it were.

Like, it would be silly if you were charged by the police for swearing at your teacher in school, but you can expect to be detentioned to fuck for it.

A very tenuous example, but you see why the FA doesn't any obligation to mirror the courts.

elsk

Banned
The FIFA reviewing team are looking for more people:
In general, we prefer data reviewers to be living in the country of the league they wish to review. Please remember this when applying.

You can apply here: http://fifa-talentscout.ea.com/TalentScout/index.aspx

If you happen to be a Hibs fan, you're lucky because they're in urgent need for someone to take care of that team. Looks like you get paid if you apply for the Data Editor position. They're also looking for people from Denmark, Sweden, Swiss, Austria... You should all apply, surely most of the Footy-GAF users have better knowledge than the current reviewers and editors.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Being found not guilty doesn't really mean he didn't do it. The court found Terry's explanation that he used the words sarcastically 'highly unlikely', there simply wasn't enough evidence to be certain.

qindarka

Banned
Being found not guilty doesn't really mean he didn't do it. The court found Terry's explanation that he used the words sarcastically 'highly unlikely', there simply wasn't enough evidence to be certain.

You do know there is this thing called presumption of innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom