• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

FFS I wish parents would control their kids when they are out with them.

A kids running around playing stupid and spins around and headbutts me in the testicles as I was trying to walk past!

3Sixty

Rangers chief executive Charles Green believes the creation of a European super league is inevitable “because big teams can’t keep subsidising small teams like Southampton”.

Fucking Jocks.

Carbonox

FUUU Just got offered the Hungary national team job on FIFA. Do I accept the role of leading my people? I want that damn Germany job. Do you still get offers from other countries if you're already in charge of one?

u had ur chance wooden!

I'm making some food anyway before going to drink my brain out. My uni class somehow managed to convince some people to give us keys and alarm codes so we could do a private party there, 4 guys, 26 girls.
ig472K2TJGsIx.gif

Rangers chief executive Charles Green believes the creation of a European super league is inevitable “because big teams can’t keep subsidising small teams like Southampton”.

Fucking Jocks.

What a twat. I'd rather play for Southampton than that gang of bellends

I've got 27 names so far, I need moar!

GorillaJu

To be fair, when you go up against a company valued at hundreds of millions of pounds, and you're costing them money, you can't expect anything less than a serious response. Even if you're a fan.

GorillaJu

How do you have my name, you sick fuck. Come forward with this nonsense and we can perhaps find an amicable solution. If not, consider your life ruined.

feel

FIFA 13 is godly.
Been playing the demo on pc, and at times it's absolutely brilliant, but most of the time it ranges from decent to terrible with the braindead mistakes by the AI or just the floaty, soul-less and unresponsive feel of it. Is the final version better? Thinking of picking it up on the cheap either way, it moves eyemeltingly smooth at 100fps.

Visuals are laughable, mostly the ridiculous looking players bahahaha, one would think they would've fixed them and make them look human and somewhat alive after all these years selling so many millions of copies. PES13 looks so much better (after a noblur patch is applied), but it doesn't go above 60fps, there's a lot of tearing or stuttering if you force vsync and the animations are bad.

edit- oh, do the through balls still gain speed mid way in the final game? That's gotta be the most ridiculous thing in the demo.

How do you have my name, you sick fuck. Come forward with this nonsense and we can perhaps find an amicable solution. If not, consider your life ruined.

I know everything. Your first name begins with B, your surname with E. You moved to Japan in 1998 to pursue your dream of being an English teacher in an exotic country, far away from your humdrum life of lid tightening at the Branston factory. Your mother's name is Louise, and your sister's dog is called James. You will never find the island.

edit: Cheers Andres. I'll take care to keep you alive :p

PaulLFC

To be fair, when you go up against a company valued at hundreds of millions of pounds, and you're costing them money, you can't expect anything less than a serious response. Even if you're a fan.
That's true, but surely a better response would have been a club meeting explaining to him what happened and asking him to stop, rather than the alleged threats and compiling a dossier and so on? That just seems way, way over the top if there's truth to it.

From what I read, Chang didn't threaten his family. The only threat he made was to ban Duncan and his friend from Anfield and hand over his details to the journalists who have a grudge. It would be a consequence of the fans reaction to those smear articles, and the fact that he cost the club 300k, that would have led to abuse and his father's business being harmed. From Chang's position, Jenkins' wrongdoing would have turned him against the fans, and his role would have been simply to expose him through a third party (journos)

Chang wouldn't have bothered with all this if indeed Duncan's tweets weren't having some kind of negative impact. If that was the case then I can see how/why the club would launch an investigation into the real identity of Duncan Jenkins to prevent further damage. The idea that he would then pass on his identity to journalists is unsavoury but not beyond the pale of what I'd imagine happens in corporate environments.

You're going to get bored of naming your squad very quickly, the game is pretty hard and they die very easily :)

I will never die.

From what I read, Chang didn't threaten his family. The only threat he made was to ban Duncan and his friend from Anfield and hand over his details to the journalists who have a grudge. It would be a consequence of the fans reaction to those smear articles, and the fact that he cost the club 300k, that would have led to abuse and his father's business being harmed.

Ehm, threatening to leak the info and saying the journalist would destroy his fathers business, is kind of threatening.

Hixx

From what I read, Chang didn't threaten his family. The only threat he made was to ban Duncan and his friend from Anfield and hand over his details to the journalists who have a grudge. It would be a consequence of the fans reaction to those smear articles, and the fact that he cost the club 300k, that would have led to abuse and his father's business being harmed.

Chang wouldn't have bothered with all this if indeed Duncan's tweets weren't having some kind of negative impact. If that was the case then I can see how/why the club would launch an investigation into the real identity of Duncan Jenkins to prevent further damage. The idea that he would then pass on his identity to journalists is unsavoury but not beyond the pale of what I'd imagine happens in corporate environments.

"He then said the papers would also "ruin your Dad's online business"."

Stimpy

Wrong attitude. You just bought yourself a ticket on the first dropship :p

That's more like it Wooden. You and Andres canbe my snipers :D

I give you a few hours in before you start treating everyone as expendable, unless you play on easy or reload after every wrong move people will die and you won't shed a single tear after a few missions :)

I will never die.

Ehm, threatening to leak the info and saying the journalist would destroy his fathers business, is kind of threatening.

"He then said the papers would also "ruin your Dad's online business"."

Assuming the business doesn't involve something batshit illegal, the papers aren't going to write articles on his family's business. How I interpreted this line was that the papers would expose how Duncan fooled fans and harmed transfers etc (or whatever he was guilty of), and as a consequence of that negative limelight, his dad's business would be impacted.

Even if Chang didn't mention his fathers business, if you're confronted with allegations against you, and the threat to go public, it would eventually dawn on you that others close to you would also be affected as a consequence of that limelight. In other words, Jen didn't want to destroy his life, but rather through his threats didn't care if his life were ruined by this.

Chang didn't come across as a gangster, but rather the bad cop here.

Because it seems as though you've changed your FPL team name, so I can't compare my name lists to find out your real name :D

What's that Benitez interview? It says 'Its inevitable for me to be compared with Mourinho...' but I can't figure out the rest

I think I'm JTGate, look towards the bottom of the fantasy list :p

EDIT: My team name is "AwesomeGarcia_" lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom