• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

In an interview with Esports en Xarxa, Hleb said: “I learned more from Wenger than Guardiola, but Pep is a good coach. Guardiola is not the best coach in the world because he coached the best team in the world, with the best players, and that’s why he won. It’s hard not to win with a team like that and [Tito] Vilanova will have the greatest success. The best coaches in the world are [Jose] Mourinho, [Sir Alex] Ferguson and [Arsene] Wenger.”

WJD

Just a list of names for me to use in XCOM. You can make one up to represent you if you want :p

Scotland vs Wales tonight. Anyone looking forward to it?

...#...

edit:Cheers AA, you bought me up to 30. Is your email adress spelt wrong?

If you can squeeze me in, go for it!

Zabojnik

Just beat Dishonored. :( Very sad face. I want it to go on forever.

I know that feel bro. :(

Chris Roberts on Star Citizen pledging campaign:

We're absolutely floored by the attention and humbled by your comments. We hoped everyone would be excited about the big idea behind Star Citizen and Squadron 42 -- but we had no expectation about the kind of praise and interest we received yesterday.

The downside of all this attention was that the huge number of people from all around the world trying to learn about Star Citizen and make their pledge, crashed our custom crowd funding page and also took down the core community site.

Until then, we were on track to break crowd funding records. Now, thirty hours later, we're only just getting the core site back online. The proper crowd funding page is still unfortunately down, but we have a backup site that, while not having the full range of features we intended, can take people’s pledges.

We lost the opportunity to break the first day record, but the race isn’t over yet! We currently stand at $455, 590 raised from 4,564 pledges which is pretty impressive considering the outage we’ve had. Seems everyone wants the RSI Constellation and physical goodies!

Impressive indeed. I don't remember seeing a single Footy-GAF member in the Star Citizen thread. :/ Come on guys, it's the opportunity of a lifetime. Chances are we'll never see a high profile space sim again. Pledge dem $$$ (as soon as the site is up and running again).

If that whole thing is true, and I can't really see what Duncan would get out of it by lying, then Chang has to go.
I can't believe that somebody as...well, apparently savvy as Jen Chang could be so damn stupid.

All that said, I don't know if I believe Jenkins has no mole. I mean maybe he doesn't, Chang says he ran all the checks...but he was getting seriously and strangely lucky cos he was getting almost everything right.

I can't believe that somebody as...well, apparently savvy as Jen Chang could be so damn stupid.

All that said, I don't know if I believe Jenkins has no mole. I mean maybe he doesn't, Chang says he ran all the checks...but he was getting seriously and strangely lucky cos he was getting almost everything right.

According to a RAWK ITK, he has a friend who has a mole

I decided that the best thing to do was get XCOM and Dishonored... Basically paid £12 for the two with trade ins. It was just better to cut RE6 loose at this point.

On this Chang thing... After all the stuff we've done to get ourselves back on good terms with the neutrals... Threatening a dude about his twitter account? If it's actually what happened, he's got to go, surely?

I'm looking forward to seeing Yesil play weekly, anyway.

Zamparini said he would keep quiet for 6 months... That didn't happen but about 14 days is also impressive for him, but today he couldn't keep it in any longer :

“Pastore is not a flop,” he told Calcissimo.com. “Pastore is a phenomenon. Ancelotti does not understand s**t about football. I'm glad they lost [1-0 to Porto] in the Champions League, and hopefully he'll learn not to play Nene in front of Pastore.

“I appreciate that it is not just the Coach's fault though. Let's not forget that Ibrahimovic is a real grind in the dressing room. He demolished Inter, Juve and Milan, and at PSG he is doing the same.

“Pastore is still 23, and has just found himself amongst the wrong people. He is still a phenomenon.”

ZAMPS you crazy. :lol

Pastore is overrated. Always has been. You know this to be true.

I certainly think the price they paid for him was too high, but nah, he wasn't overrated for Palermo at all.

Wasn't Pastore the only PSG player who played to his reputation's standards last season?

14 goals in 37 matches certainly doesn't sound bad or like a flop at all, but then I haven't really watched any french football... Who has?

Cuddler

Have you not seen Ilicic play for the last +1 years time? He has been complete and utter shit ever since Pastore left, many times possible the worst Palermo player on the pitch.

Yes, that's his plan (same for Hernandez) so that Juventus can buy both for 10m€
I wish
. Joking aside it was seriously really good in his first year in Italy, one of my favourite players, I'm pretty sure you don't just forget how to play football. He just need another team.
maybe

confuziz

Banned
57953_473607586006346_2038221793_n.jpg

THE BEAST

Yes, that's his plan (same for Hernandez) so that Juventus can buy both for 10m€
I wish
. Joking aside it was seriously really good in his first year in Italy, one of my favourite players, I'm pretty sure you don't just forget how to play football. He just need another team.
maybe

You can take Hernandez, he's out for 6 months, drinks more than he trains and can't score, would be a perfect replacement for Bendtner.

Zabojnik

I wish
maybe

Nobody here in Slovenia ever heard of Ilicic before he exploded at Palermo. It may very well have been a one season wonder. Like Pastore. (I'm sorry, I never really liked him that much. The very definition of an inconsistent/pussy player.)

Salvadora

Yeah but stuff like "have you noticed the way Wenger smiles when he talks about Gotze".

That was bollocks.

Perhaps but Wenger does have that wry smile when he talks about certain players, Cazorla being one of them. I think if he wanted to go out with a bang he could've said something a little more from the left field than why he thinks Gotze will end up at Arsenal.

Fëanor

Footy Gaf I saw Crystal Castles last night and it was good. Tonite I will be seeing Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Going to be awesome.

Fëanor;43121363 said:
Footy Gaf I saw Crystal Castles last night and it was good. Tonite I will be seeing Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Going to be awesome.

Crystal Castles are good fun live. I need to be fucked up for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom