• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Yo! It's everyone's favourite footy-gaffers birthday! (So I shall laugh at Quiche for not getting into the 18+ beta zone)

Going to go get a Telecaster tomorrow. :D

Salazar

#AFC 2012 results: football revenue up £10m (commercial £6m, match day £2m, player loans £2m), but expenses rose £38m => £19m operating loss

No idea what those figures mean.

#CrisisClub

who's jeff?

Blackburn-JK.jpg

It's been garbage this entire generation. Some people can't seem to move on to a better game, so they get sour:

And most people won't move back to the best game, so they pretend that FIFA is actually good, rather than being merely better than modern PES

#footballgamesisdead

fuenf

Wow Bayern just fired their basketball coach, they must've been really disappointed with Shaqiri's performance yesterday. ;)

Kidding aside, it's really interesting because he was the main reason Bayern even started the 'Basketball-Project'! It will be interesting to see what happen's next, guess they really want to win the league next season and take on Real / Barca etc. in the Euro League in a couple of seasons.

3Sixty

So, Bet365 paid that money into my account today.

They sent me an email yesterday like "So errm, look, we fucked up, but we're aloud to fuck up, however you withdrew our fuck up before we could correct it. So errrm, How about you give us our money back"

dc89

4 games? A years worth of investigation, a four day FA hearing and only a 4 game ban? Suarez got 8 didn't he? WTF's going on...

Well I think that proves a lot. What an absolute farce. 12 games for violent conduct and only 4 for that. FA should be embarrassed #shambles

Joey "JT" Barton weighs in on John "Lion Heart" Terry's ban.

Out of interest, have you played PES 2013? Because it's actually good.

ij5tDUibISEW0.gif

That's a yes.

Sure it's not as terrible as before, just still doesn't come close to Fifa. Would think that when they got as little teams they would at least have them updated and semi accurate when it comes to stats, but their research work is beyond pathetic too and they don't even have an update ready for release for having players like RVP to United? Come on.

Fry

So no, then. How can you criticise something you haven't played? I buy PES and FIFA every year, and this year's PES is far better than it has been for years.

I just don't expect any significant improvement at this point of the competition. Even if it's actually good this time, is it better than Fifa?

The only reason I prefer pro evo is because the core gameplay is still better than FIFA. The passing, shooting and crossing feels so much better, especially when scoring a goal. Everything else apart from gameplay FIFA trumps pro, but I just can't put FIFA gameplay over pro evo's.

Arnie

Out of interest, have you played PES 2013? Because it's actually good.

I have, and the defending, keeping, refereeing, and ball physics are absolutely, unquestionably pants.

It's the best PES game of this generation, a huge improvement over past entries in the series, but even as someone who's suffering from a general apathy towards FIFA at the moment, and someone who won't be buying the game come Friday, I can not recommend buying PES 2013 over it.

I spend a lot of the matches just cursing the braindead, batshit logic of the game sometimes. I end a PES session with mates mentally drained.

dc89

12 games!!! By the FA's perverse reckoning, I'd of got less of a ban for racially abusing the Man City players than tickling them as I did.

Barton :lol tickling - he kneed Aguero, elbowed Tevez and tried to head butt Kompany.

Soi-Fong

So for United, if all our defenders keep on getting injured, then this formation should be tried.

De Gea

Carrick
Anderson Cleverley Fletcher
Scholes
Kagawa Rooney Welbeck
Van Persie Hernandez

GQman2121

Banned
The only reason I prefer pro evo is because the core gameplay is still better than FIFA. The passing, shooting and crossing feels so much better, especially when scoring a goal. Everything else apart from gameplay FIFA trumps pro, but I just can't put FIFA gameplay over pro evo's.

Yep. This is why I continue to play. The gameplay in FIFA feels so processed as if I'm just going through the motions. I suppose it's very close to Madden in that regard, which is about as big an insult as you can give to a sports game.

I've imported PES on PS3, so feel free to add me if anyone wants to play this season. (GQman2121)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom