• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

OT5 Bayern Are Shite

ibfbKsc6ubSOy2.gif

elsk

Banned
So posting a Alaba kind of meme we had going on the title is a reference to the Bundesliga? Some of you are plain idiots sometimes.

Messi

Do you have a problem with people preferring Dortmund over Bayern?

@spidye: Its understandbly annoying from your point of view, but it makes sense. Since we've been naming the OTs, things have been happening in parallel between the PL and other major leagues. If something huge happened while nothing was hapening in the PL, you'd get a thread title. I think Messi had one last year, although I can;t remember if it was for the player of member :p

Its simply a consequence of the thread's userbase. We could make an effort to be more inclined to name titles for other leagues, but I feel that would be a bit disingenuous

For the record, I have never had a thread title

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
|OT5| No title. Just like Arsenal, Bayern, Barcelona and Milan

THERE. EVERY FUCKING BIG LEAGUE REPRESENTED

Can we add Merdazzuri too?

So pulga, there's a new (premature) silly rumour on King Arthur, apparently Man U are after him too.

50 billion.

spidye

there's nothing to settle.
I just wanted a reference to another league. NOT EVEN ONCE DID I USE ALABA OR BAYERN as a suggestion!

good lord why are there so many people upset about this?

pulga

Banned
Can we add Merdazzuri too?

So pulga, there's a new (premature) silly rumour on King Arthur, apparently Man U are after him too.

50 billion.

Kinda just slotted the two into generic Milan :lol

Yeah, read about it in the morning. Don't think UTD have that kinda dough to splash, though. United GAF correct me if im wrong.

pulga

Banned
I say we let AndresON go crazy with the thread title. Whatever he comes up with, wins. It's gotta be after 5ish, when he's drunk.

elsk

Banned
Why does elsk hate the PL?

I don't hate it, I just can't relate to the league, because I find it to be kind of soul-less and with old style football. I still like to watch Liverpool or Arsenal every now and then. But the reaction to the Alaba title from some of the members was plain idiotic.

Is like saying the Morosini title was referring to Serie A. The Alaba thing was a fun meme going on and was a good title, better than the most recent ones (except the Two-sided triangle, obviously).

spidye

Which is?

I'm quoting a user here:
It's just tiring listening to Bayern GAF complaining about Premier League attention. Oh no, some Alaba suggestion didn't end up in the title, who gives a shit? It's because all of those premier league fans in here!

not even once did anyone suggest bayern or alaba and it was just me wishing a different league as a reference for once.
overreaction much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom