• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

Why? English-speaking forum, biggest English-speaking league. Makes sense that its the most prominent.

OT5| Kaka does what Ronaldon't

but does it always has to be the english league?
there are people from germany, spain or italy here and not even once we had a reference to their league. I'd like to believe that the world doesn't always revolve around the premier league

Ungodly man.

|OT5| Fuck Alaba up the bumhole

NO U!

Actually, let's not put anything Bayern-related in the title. Because, fuck Bayern!

That's the impartiality of this thread.

Do you have a problem with people preferring Dortmund over Bayern?

@spidye: Its understandbly annoying from your point of view, but it makes sense. Since we've been naming the OTs, things have been happening in parallel between the PL and other major leagues. If something huge happened while nothing was hapening in the PL, you'd get a thread title. I think Messi had one last year, although I can;t remember if it was for the player of member :p

Its simply a consequence of the thread's userbase. We could make an effort to be more inclined to name titles for other leagues, but I feel that would be a bit disingenuous

Yen

Actually, let's not put anything Bayern-related in the title. Because, fuck Bayern!

Dortmund have Kops and sing YNWA. Of course people prefer them over those Bayern bollockses.

I also prefer no thread title.

Fry

Do you have a problem with people preferring Dortmund over Bayern?

No, I don't give a shit. But I've never seen people turning down cool thread titles just because it's related to a team they dislike.

And the Alaba thing came up out of an internal joke, that's how we usually do the titles.

How about lets not do it cause there's nothing fucking Bayern stuff to use for a title? Hell lets look at the last 5 OTs

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan (English footballer but French league and fans reference)

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles (Meus reference)

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started (twitter bullshit)

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game (nothing really)

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside... (Euro thread reference)

Not even one OT dedicated to Premier League or any English teams and you act like little girls about not getting Bayern in there for some reason?

Fuck Bayern. ;)

Fry

Dortmund have Kops and sing YNWA. Of course people prefer them over those Bayern bollockses.

I also prefer no thread title.

Al-Qaeda is a terrorist organization, but still didn't stop it from being a title.

Woode, ALABA was going in the title, not Bayern. It was because of an internal joke we created, not because Bayern fans want a related title.

What a bunch of man childs.

No, I don't give a shit. But I've never seen people turning down cool thread titles just because it's related to a team they dislike.

And the Alaba thing came up out of an internal joke, that's how we usually do the titles.

What Bayern-related thread titles have been turned down?

Yen

Emmanuel Eboue ‏@TheRealEboue
There are so many two faced players and pundit in england . Its so easy for them to condemn Suarez , but not John Terry. #Disgrace

Anyway, I am happy drogba and mikel declined to stand in the stupid witness box . Ashley cole was always a traitor . He never relates

Let's not forget the FA is also a biased and money grabbing organization. I don't like them that much but we can't do without them

I think I am going to go and relax on the beach and pray to God , but I needed to get all that out of my system. I fear No one but God

"I fear no one but God" is pretty badass

Zabojnik

Rome, 27 set. - Palermo football club president Maurizio Zamparini today announced he is to resign all management appointments.

During a press conference held at Palermo's Barbera Stadium, Zamparini said "I will be standing down and, as of today, Pietro Lo Monaco is the new CEO, and he will have full powers concerning both management and the team."

Zamparini also asked the press to "refer to Mr Lo Monaco" for any further queries "up until the end of the football season." Zamparini argued that while he regretted the decision, "holding office as president for ten years has proved extremely demanding."

The now former president explained that the reasons for the handover also include "the need to follow my other businesses more closely, given the current economic crisis," and his "current political commitments."

Zamparini went on to say that he and Lo Monaco had discussed the potential handover in the past, and "found an agreement in a matter of minutes."

This man is a living legend. The jokes basically write themselves. I'll go ahead and start Lo Monaco's death clock.

Yen

Al-Qaeda is a terrorist organization, but still didn't stop it from being a title.

Woode, ALABA was going in the title, not Bayern. It was because of an internal joke we created, not because Bayern fans want a related title.

What a bunch of man childs.

Don't blame Al-Qaeda for Bayern's unlikeablility.

spidye

How about lets not do it cause there's nothing fucking Bayern stuff to use for a title? Hell lets look at the last 5 OTs

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan (English footballer but French league and fans reference)

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles (Meus reference)

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started (twitter bullshit)

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game (nothing really)

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside... (Euro thread reference)

Not even one OT dedicated to Premier League or any English teams and you act like little girls about not getting Bayern in there for some reason?

Fuck Bayern. ;)

because there was no BPL during the summer? I'm sure the next OT's will have premier league references as all the OT's during the season had.
I don't care about the title. it would have been nice if it was something totally different than before but it seems that people are not a fan of different things

bunch of JT's

wooden, would love to play u but fifa keeps on crashing for unknown reasons :(

:(

Well a friend is coming over and I'm going to play him in a few hours. Will wait for you for when you get it fixed! What errors does it give?

because there was no BPL? I'm sure the next OT's will have premier league references as all the OT's during the season had.

There was for 3 of them. But hey, lets go back more, this is the last ones that are actually in community :

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears (football general)
Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP (Dead footballers)
Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs (shit! something actually referencing to English football)
Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it? (A crappy poster)

This debate is boring as fuck, lets just get a Dortmund title and get it over with.

elsk

Banned
Surely there must be titles not referring to PL, because not all of us follow or like that league. Alaba title was funny in the moment when it was proposed by FootballFan, and not really related to Bayern directly.

spidye

:(

Well a friend is coming over and I'm going to play him in a few hours. Will wait for you for when you get it fixed! What errors does it give?

There was for 3 of them. But hey, lets go back more, this is the last ones that are actually in community :

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears (football general)
Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP (Dead footballers)
Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs (shit! something actually referencing to English football)
Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it? (A crappy poster)

This debate is boring as fuck, lets just get a Dortmund title and get it over with.
lol you're one really bitter poster.

lol you're one really bitter poster.

What should I be bitter about? It's just tiring listening to Bayern GAF complaining about Premier League attention. Oh no, some Alaba suggestion didn't end up in the title, who gives a shit? It's because all of those premier league fans in here!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay guys are you really THAT bored? :p

[Self-deprecating humour] OT5 - This title was stripped because Juve cheated again.

There, happy Wooden?

spidye

What should I be bitter about? It's just tiring listening to Bayern GAF complaining about Premier League attention. Oh no, some Alaba suggestion didn't end up in the title, who gives a shit? It's because all of those premier league fans in here!

what does it have anything to do with bayern or alaba? I just suggested that we don't use a PL reference. FOR ONCE A DIFFERENT LEAGUE WOULD BE NICE.
ywah what a shitty thing to complain about.

Everyone are happy.

see. bitter :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom