• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quoting a user here:
It's just tiring listening to Bayern GAF complaining about Premier League attention. Oh no, some Alaba suggestion didn't end up in the title, who gives a shit? It's because all of those premier league fans in here!

not even once did anyone suggest bayern or alaba and it was just me wishing a different league as a reference for once.
overreaction much

That was one person though. And he's a Danish fan more than PL fan :p

elseanio

|OT5| fbdadgadsfgzdhgzfzdfHjgj

Because really, does it matter? Something forced and debated over will almost certainly become irrelevant and ignored tomorrow.

dc89

|OT5| No title. Just like Arsenal.

illK6U.gif

elsk

Banned
I'm starting to understand why the american guys had to create a separate MLS thread, most of the english members here are pure assholes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Because really, does it matter? Something forced and debated over will almost certainly become irrelevant and ignored tomorrow.

Soi-Fong

I'm starting to understand why the american guys had to create a separate MLS thread, most of the english members are pure assholes.

I think a lot of the English members still think that MLS is a joke of a league forcing them to make their own.

It may not seem like it, but MLS is starting to grow in stature here in the US. Obviously, not on par with the NFL, but growing.

Bumhead

Banned
Sheffield Wednesday? :p
Seriously, is more fun starting with a lower division side. Getting promotion is very fun.

Heh.

When I play FM I always play either Wednesday or lower league sides but those first few seasons in the lower reaches can be a real slog at times on FIFA. I like to have at least one career going where I can play around in the Prem, no nonsense. I'll start one with Wednesday soon and then get one going with a League Two side (York this year) later on as well.

elsk

Banned
Name and shame

Just look at the past pages of this thread for the guys that jumped when we proposed a title unrelated to the english football. Surely you'll be able to find the names. If you want the thread 100% about Premier League, why don't you create your own thread?

Clegg

Just look at the past pages of this thread for the guys that jumped when we proposed a title unrelated to the english football. Surely you'll be able to find the names. If you want the thread 100% about Premier League, why don't you create your own thread?

Thats not how this argument started.

Why don't you get out?

GorillaJu

Pretty funny that the FA find him guilty of something the Court cleared him of.

Thing is, I am not fussed because in my mind, Terry said it. I don't believe his explanation. I think he has lied about it. Of course the Court too suggested as much - but they couldn't condemn him.

Easy for me to say and make my own judgement because I'm just one guy and I don't have to go worry about going by procedure - but I can't pretend to be flustered over a pretty shoddy decision making process because I just can't help but think Terry did racially abused Ferdinand and was basically getting away with it.

It's not that crazy. The FA judge on the balance of probabilities. You don't get the presumption of innocence with the FA.

The court of law will require sufficient evidence, while the FA won't.

Still, 4 match ban? Given the circumstances it seems more egregious than Suarez's offense.

elsk

Banned
Why don't you get out?

Why? This is the football thread, if you want a Premier League thread then you can create one. Is like when some members almost forced MLS fans to create their own thread just because they didn't consider the MLS good enough, it would be better for those kind of guys to have their own thread of pure Premier League so they don't get offended.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Shut the fuck up everyone.

-

Fiorentina owner (Della Valle) has given his players a bonus for stopping Juventus.

5dDAZ.gif

JesusTom

I'm sure there's no problem with a title unrelated to the Premier League, it just has to be good!

elseanio

I'm sure you're the best only person who thinks that's the reason. This thread has a lot of premier league fans, but in no way would I call it elitist in that regard. I spent ages making the crappy Germany league icons with their stupid long names!
even though I messed up spelling bayern :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom