• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

w7Dls.gif

I almost cried looking at this gif. It's too cute for words. It's vomitously cute.

Clegg

Lightning and Wooden are the only two people to seemingly have had any problem with the Alaba title. Lightning just doesn't like Bayern and Wooden was just proving a point.

I am deeply offended by the insults and generalizations thrown towards me.

Can you put this into some sort of numerical chart or graph plz.

Kthnxbai

ShogunX

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| Everybody is a glory hunting foreigner.

That should about cover all arguments ;)

In other news is every no mark pundit and journalist going to have their say and LIVE EXCLUSIVE opinion now that John Terry has been found guilty of being a filthy racist?

GorillaJu

Japanese people are saying that the J-League is equal in quality to the Bundesliga, outside of Dortmund and Bayern. Kind of a laughable assertion really. No doubt comes from the proliferation of buying Japanese talent in the Bundesliga. I really like seeing the J-League grow, and I look forward to one day having a J-League reference in the title (if only god would listen), but in no way is it Bundesliga quality.

Hixx

you lot make me want to cry

in frustration.

I can't believe these last 2 pages. Jesus fucking wept.

Yes. I am Jesus.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| Everybody is a glory hunting foreigner.

That should about cover all arguments ;)

In other news is every no mark pundit and journalist going to have their say and LIVE EXCLUSIVE opinion now that John Terry has been found guilty of being a filthy racist?
Imagine a world were unsuccessful prosecution teams could appeal the verdict of the magistrates to the FA.

elsk

Banned
On a serious note, what's Alaba like? I've never actually seen him play.

He was great vs. Real Madrid last season and in every other match except vs. Dortmund in the Cup final.
edit: yeah, pretty much the best left-back (before his injury, FUCK NAPOLI)

elsk

Banned
He's a failed midfielder that had to take his place at left back to get a game.

Bit like Sahin at Madrid.

He was never a midfielder actually, but Heynckes tried him there when Schweini got injured and we (surprise!) had no replacement at all for that position. And that pretty much costed us the Bundesliga title.

He started his career as LB and LW.

Meier

This story posted yet? Kinda neat.

Manchester United debutant Ryan Tunnicliffe (#46) not only made his father a proud man on Wednesday. He also made his dad over $16,000 richer.

Mr Tunnicliffe obviously had great faith in his son’s early ability and, when the boy was just nine years old, he placed a £100 bet at odds of 100/1 that his flesh and blood would one day play for United’s first team.

Ten years on, the former England Youth international completed his rise through the United ranks to come on as a 77th-minute substitute for Wayne Rooney in the 2-1 win over Newcastle, earning his father £10,000 in the process.

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/32390779363/go-on-my-son

Football debate time

Who's the most promising player in Britain under the age of 20:

Oxlade-Chamberlain
Barkley
Sterling
Suso

Just some names to start you off

ShogunX

He was never a midfielder actually, but Heynckes tried him there when Schweini got injured and we (surprise!) had no replacement at all for that position. And that pretty much costed us the Bundesliga title.

He started his career as LB and LW.

Well Football Manager told me that he started out as a midfielder so it must be true.

elsk

Banned
Football debate time

Oxlade-Chamberlain
Barkley
Sterling
Suso

I thought Suso was from Spain. Who is Barkley?
Oxlade-Chamberlain looks very solid for his age, I thought he was older already.

dc89

He'll only need one more boost, to 99. #PogbaAndhopefullyaworldclassstrikerFuture

#PorgbaAndDzeko would be great.

Dzeko is effective as hell, his stats for City this season say that and also how many goals we have scored with him on the field compared to him off.

LOL this thread is getting worse and worse with fighting. I think without Kermit you guys have no common enemy and turn on each other.

Our game against Fiorentina I didn't get to watch and it sounds like I didn't miss anything. Fuck Viola. Our game against Roma is going to be explosive; to me it feels like unless Barcaroma score 20 goals against us then we'll win with their shitty defense.

Bumhead

Banned
Football debate time

Oxlade-Chamberlain
Barkley
Sterling
Suso

Exciting for us to have one of those names on our books right now, albeit on loan obviously, although after a pretty explosive start I'd say Sterling is the most "exciting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom