• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Actually this whole thing started when a Barca fan suggested the title, and I guess Lightining snapped and said 'NO, FUCK OFF, FUCK BAYERN'.

E você não sabe!

*says 'I do' in mozambikian*

edit: they speak portuguese there. I didn't know that :lol

Why? This is the football thread, if you want a Premier League thread then you can create one. Is like when some members almost forced MLS fans to create their own thread just because they didn't consider the MLS good enough, it would be better for those kind of guys to have their own thread of pure Premier League so they don't get offended.

Who are these people that forced MLS fans to make a new thread? Because I can't remember any of the 'English' guys talking shit about their league.

Zabojnik

Shut the fuck up everyone.
Fiorentina owner (Della Valle) has given his players a bonus for stopping Juventus.
5dDAZ.gif

We need to come up with a Barceroma-like nickname for Fiorentina, as they seem to think they have a world-class team already. Being obsessed with Juve will do that to you.

In other, much more important news, Conte had Vucinic and Bendtner play together in today's training session. Bendtner from the 1st minute against Roma? I wanted Matri, a born and proven prima punta, since Roma play with an absurdly high defence, but since all I really care about is beating Shakthar ... Whatever, have at it!

Yen

Actually this whole thing started when a Barca fan suggested the title, and I guess Lightining snapped and said 'NO, FUCK OFF, FUCK BAYERN'.

*says 'I do' in mozambikian*

*Realizes he used google translate Portuguese to a Brazilian*

So much over-reaction.

It's like when dc said he was going to quit the thread.
Sup dc, GBBO was awesome!

Nobody told the MLS guys to leave (in fact I remember people asking them to stay). Nobody is telling anybody to leave or that other league's are crap. Somebody suggested a title and because ONE poster said "no, it's a shit title, f**k Bayern"...suddenly, English guys are assholes and want this to be a PL exclusive thread.

The irony of it all is that it came about because a Bayern fans said he didn't want a BPL related title...

GERMAN GUYS ARE ASSHOLES!

Cuddler

We need to come up with a Barceroma-like nickname for Fiorentina, as they seem to think they have a world-class team already. Being obsessed with Juve will do that to you.

In other, much more important news, Conte had Vucinic and Bendtner play together in today's training session. Bendtner from the 1st minute against Roma? I wanted Matri, a born and proven prima punta, since Roma play with an absurdly high defence, but since all I really care about is beating Shakthar ... Whatever, have at it!
Can't wait to see our top player in action! ;)

Yen

So much over-reaction.

Nobody told the MLS guys to leave (in fact I remember people asking them to stay). Nobody is telling anybody to leave or that other league's are crap. Somebody suggested a title and because ONE poster said "no, it's a shit title, f**k Bayern"...suddenly, English guys are assholes and want this to be a PL exclusive thread.

The irony of it all is that it came about because a Bayern fans said he didn't want a BPL related title...

GERMAN GUYS ARE ASSHOLES!

What's funnier is he is a Dutchman living in New Zealand. Those pesky English!

GorillaJu

Lightning is like, the single most ornery poster in this thread. I mean, that's why we love him, but you can't take anything he says seriously, especially purely opinionated outbursts. I'm pretty sure everything he says is tongue in cheek anyway, and he's Dutch, AFAIK.

elsk

Banned
So much over-reaction.

Sup dc, GBBO was awesome!

IIRC, the MLS fans had to leave because some members always started to make fun of the MLS when they posted in here. I was one of the members asking them to stay.

No, actually Lightining was just joking. The problem was the last few pages of people saying no because it was Bundesliga related, and I didn't know a footballer kid with a FIFA box was Bundesliga related.

elsk isn't German? Where the fuck is he from? Is Albaba German? Can that be the thread title?

No, that's the point. The title wasn't even related to Germany or Bundesliga, was Alaba in a photo that was meme-ized in the last thread. Alaba is from Austria.

IIRC, the MLS fans had to leave because some members always started to make fun of the MLS when they posted in here. I was one of the members asking them to stay.

No, actually Lightining was just joking. The problem was the last few pages of people saying no because it was Bundesliga related, and I didn't know a footballer kid with a FIFA box was Bundesliga related.

Well, the home team is Bayern on the screen!

Fry

I am finding whole topic title thing to be way too funny, I never realized it meant so much to some people.

I doubt it means anything to anyone. This whole thing was an overreaction and generalization.

But damn, it was a title suggestion and some people acted like idiots just because the dude is a Bayern player.

GorillaJu

Okay so let me see if I understand this correctly:

We have a Honduran poster who wants a title in German because he's sick of speaking English, and a Dutch poster who wants to be on the cover of Fifa 13 in England, but he can't because Football fan says all Hondurans are assholes, and we should never have an Austrian on the cover of FootyGaf OT. Also, Brazil.

Where does Franck Ribery fit into this?

elsk

Banned
I doubt it means anything to anyone. This whole thing was an overreaction and generalization.

But damn, it was a title suggestion and some people acted like idiots just because the dude is a Bayern player.

Exactly.

Okay so let me see if I understand this correctly:

We have a Honduran poster who wants a title in German because he's sick of speaking English, and a Dutch poster who wants to be on the cover of Fifa 13 in England, but he can't because Football fan says all Hondurans are assholes, and we should never have an Austrian on the cover of FootyGaf OT. Also, Brazil.

aren't you an american living in Japan? Surely that must go on the title too.

Where does Franck Ribery fit into this?

You tell me.

tumblr_lh71d9YV9h1qgsm1bo1_400.gif

Zabojnik

I'm running out of good shows to watch. :( Just finished The Borgias season 1. Eh, it was watchable I guess. Some terribad acting and not nearly depraved enough, considering it's about the Borgia family. Is season 2 a step up?

elsk

Banned
I'm running out of good shows to watch. :( Just finished The Borgias season 1. Eh, it was watchable I guess. Some terribad acting and not nearly depraved enough, considering it's about the Borgia family. Is season 2 a step up?

Mad Men??

I didn't think it was funny, but cringe-worthy.

This page has been funny, to be honest. :p

We had to deal with a non-football day somehow

Fry

at least that was somewhat funny.
today was just sad.

I didn't think it was funny, but cringe-worthy.

This page has been funny, to be honest. :p

Homeland?

FootballFan

Knew it would come back to me. *gulp* I just suggested the title, didn't mean for this to happen.

w7Dls.gif

Hmm, who to start a Premier League FIFA 13 career with.

Narrowed my choices down to Newcastle, Spurs and Arsenal.

I will make Heerenveen European champions. Might be tough without Assaidi and Naringh though, so maybe I will go with Lokomotiv or something.

Find it boring using the really good teams.

Gahaha. Awesome reply GIF. /saved

I don't see the big deal. We speak English here, so the thread title should be related to the *ahem* ENGLISH Premier League.

They also speak english in the MLS, A-League etc.

OT5| A-League > Serie A

OT5| Del Piero Finally Goes to a tougher league.

Lightning and Wooden are the only two people to seemingly have had any problem with the Alaba title. Lightning just doesn't like Bayern and Wooden was just proving a point.

I am deeply offended by the insults and generalizations thrown towards me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom