• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you guys kept going with the title discussing even when I went to play fifa with a friend? Well I don't like this thread anyway so i'm going to leave... At least for the day.

GorillaJu

I thought Suso was from Spain. Who is Barkley?
Oxlade-Chamberlain looks very solid for his age, I thought he was older already.

Suso is Spanish but he is talking about young players in Britain, not young British players.

Nathaniel Clyne and Wilfred Zaha look promising. So do Nick Powell, Neil Taylor (he might be over 20 though), and Oscar. Gaston Ramirez is still only 20 afaik

pulga

Banned
Okay so let me see if I understand this correctly:

We have a Honduran poster who wants a title in German because he's sick of speaking English, and a Dutch poster who wants to be on the cover of Fifa 13 in England, but he can't because Football fan says all Hondurans are assholes, and we should never have an Austrian on the cover of FootyGaf OT. Also, Brazil.

Where does Franck Ribery fit into this?
Hey theres only one honduran asshole in here, and it isnt me :mad:

GorillaJu

Sterling is only 17, that is pretty crazy when you think about it. :lol So much better than Downing.

Lol Downing gets so much shit it's amazing. Sure he's making great money now and gets to say he's a Liverpool player but in footballing terms being bought by LFC was terrible for his career. He looks toothless. He was great for Villa.

Zabojnik

#PorgbaAndDzeko would be great.

Dzeko is effective as hell, his stats for City this season say that and also how many goals we have scored with him on the field compared to him off.

I don't know man. I want to like him, but for some reason I just can't. Everytime I watch City play Dzeko just seems so utterly useless outside of the penalty box. Sometimes he reminds me - blasphemy, I know - of Matri. :/

Our game against Fiorentina I didn't get to watch and it sounds like I didn't miss anything. Fuck Viola. Our game against Roma is going to be explosive; to me it feels like unless Barcaroma score 20 goals against us then we'll win with their shitty defense.

We'll see. Hopefully our lacking performance against Fiorentina was a one-off and not the start of a rough patch.

Can't believe I forgot Oscar, Zaha and Powell. All 3 are between good and great already. Zaha could be amazing if he can get some game intelligence instilled in him

Clyne has been unimpressive imo. No offense 3Sixty :p

Downing seems like he thinks he's had a good game if he hasn't lost the ball, even if he provides nothing in attack. That's just about acceptable for Allen when he's playing DM, its fucking useless for a winger though

elsk

Banned
Suso is Spanish but he is talking about young players in Britain, not young British players.

Nathaniel Clyne and Wilfred Zaha look promising. So do Nick Powell, Neil Taylor (he might be over 20 though), and Oscar. Gaston Ramirez is still only 20 afaik

Oh, I see. Mmm... well I really like Suso type of players and Yesil must be in that list. Sterling looks incredible talented tho, but right now my favorite winger is Ox.

I've seen nothing of Suarez really, only a couple of sub appearances (for Suso, funnily enough)

Its odd how Sterling's been so good, yet he hasn't come close to scoring or provided any great chances aside from Borini's volley against Arsenal

@elsk. that's Yaya Toure you idiot :p

dc89

LOL this thread is getting worse and worse with fighting. I think without Kermit you guys have no common enemy and turn on each other.

Our game against Fiorentina I didn't get to watch and it sounds like I didn't miss anything. Fuck Viola. Our game against Roma is going to be explosive; to me it feels like unless Barcaroma score 20 goals against us then we'll win with their shitty defense.

They got rid of Kermit and they tried getting rid of me :p so now, as you say, they fight amongst themselves!

I don't know man. I want to like him, but for some reason I just can't. Everytime I watch City play Dzeko just seems so utterly useless outside of the penalty box. Sometimes he reminds me - blasphemy, I know - of Matri. :/

Yeah he is a little clumsy with the ball at his feet. But like I posted the other week, City scored something like 12 goals with him on the pitch and only 2 without him.

Clegg

Most promising young player imo is Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Played in the Euro's and didn't look out of place for an 18 year old.

He has frightening potential.

Most promising young player imo is Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Playedin the Euro's and didn't look out of place for an 18 year old.

He has frightening potential.

He's already been around for long enough that I always think he's near his prime,soI need constant reminders that he's only 19 :D

How's that Birmingham winger doing, the one we were linked with in the summer?

GorillaJu

Honestly if I were making a list I think I'd have at least 6 Liverpool U21 players:

Shelvey, Suso, Sterling, Robinson, Wisdom and Yesil

But it's easy to point out people from the club you support since you're familiar with them. I want to say that Robinson and Wisdom, for example, are some of the best young fullbacks, but that'd be very short-sided.

What about that ginger kid from Newcastle? He's pretty highly rated though probably not old enough to really give an indicator of his potential.

Yen

Can't believe I forgot Oscar, Zaha and Powell. All 3 are between good and great already. Zaha could be amazing if he can get some game intelligence instilled in him

Downing seems like he thinks he's had a good game if he hasn't lost the ball, even if he provides nothing in attack. That's just about acceptable for Allen when he's playing DM, its fucking useless for a winger though

Last night, our £2m winger was bombing down the wing like a mad hoor and beating his man. Downing? Gets the ball, jogs down the wing, turns round, passes to Coates.

I've seen nothing of Suarez really, only a couple of sub appearances (for Suso, funnily enough)

Its odd how Sterling's been so good, yet he hasn't come close to scoring or provided any great chances aside from Borini's volley against Arsenal

Sterling got an assist for Suarez' goal, via Bramble.

FootballFan

Lol Downing gets so much shit it's amazing. Sure he's making great money now and gets to say he's a Liverpool player but in footballing terms being bought by LFC was terrible for his career. He looks toothless. He was great for Villa.

Yep, I used to like Downing at Middlesborough, when Cattermole was there too. Downing made the wrong choice going to Liverpool. Not like he could have known how things turned out though so you can't really blame him.

To think Aston Villa had Milner, Young, Downing, Barry, etc in recent years. They were all good there, or at least looked good. Now I see them all as relatively average players(except for Milner, every team needs an engine that doesn't stop running :p )

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2945b1d6-c366-4401-8e84-a57268519bc1.jpg
"Pass forward, like this."

We should AT LEAST score two goals against Barceroma, surely we aren't THAT sterile up front...

I'd love to see us try a 'Vidal - Pogba/Asamoah - Marchisio' once!

GorillaJu

He's already been around for long enough that I always think he's near his prime,soI need constant reminders that he's only 19 :D

He does have an assist to his name, I can't remember which goal it was though. Regardless, we only have like 2 goals from open play this season, so Sterling hasn't really been able to get a ton of assists or goals.

He'll definitely have his chances over the next few weeks.

3Sixty

:D

Been a mixed bag tbh. Obviously everyone remembers United slip, but he was fantastic against Villa and in pre-season. He'll be a very good right back in the future. Will certinally be at fault for more goals this season, but thats young defenders for you.

As for Zaha, don't think he has the attitude to make the top level

JesusTom

Nathan Redmond? I watched him play the other day (can't remember who against) and he looked good. Lightning quick!

Nope, Alex Nemane. The next BIG thing.
am I doing this right? United fan's know how to big up young players.

I'm not saying he'll be great, but I'll be very disappointed and surprised if he's not better than Messi by the time he's 22. That's how you hype young players

Cheers Suso, it was Redmond

Nope, Alex Nemane. The next BIG thing.
am I doing this right? United fan's know how to big up young players.
You have to believe and be willing to stick your neck out.

For example.

MUFC Team Circa 2020.

De God

Rafael-Jones-Smalling-Fabio

Lingard-Cleverley-Janujaz-Daehli

Welbeck-HENRIQUEZ

Subs - Johnstone, Anderson, Rooney, Kagawa, Giggs, Scholes.

Dat Future.

dc89

For example.

MUFC Team Circa 2020.

De God

Welbeck-HENRIQUEZ

Dat Future.

Where is Powell?

he transferred to City right after questioning United's ambition?

Fry

For example.

MUFC Team Circa 2020.

De God

Welbeck-HENRIQUEZ

Dat Future.

8 years is too much. Except for Giggs, 99% of these players might not be at the team come 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom