• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

The reason United fans hype up young players is the same reason Liverpool fans have recently. It's because they aren't satisfied with rhe quality of their first team.

I think United have a great squad, and they wouldn't be where they are without it (I foresee title 20 this year), but the fans are obviously not content with the style of play, not being able to dominate games or play a fluid passing game like they did half a decade ago. So they look to the young players for excitement.

Nope, Alex Nemane. The next BIG thing.
am I doing this right? United fan's know how to big up young players.

You're the one who has been bringing up Suarez every chance you get. :lol

Yep. There's still Kuroki Meisa though. She's got a nice ass for a Japanese girl.

http://youtu.be/Ghesy_nJ6uQ

Oh yeah. Kuroki Meisa just got preggers. :(

I've now moved on to Hirayama Aya.

Also what happened to Janujaz? Haven't heard of him since he moved away from the u18 squad.

Yen

Rodgers has spoken with the referees head. Unhappy about Suarez not getting penalties (reputation preceding him) and dodgy stuff from last night.
proxy.jpg

proxy.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The reason United fans hype up young players is the same reason Liverpool fans have recently. It's because they aren't satisfied with rhe quality of their first team.

I think United have a great squad, and they wouldn't be where they are without it (I foresee title 20 this year), but the fans are obviously not content with the style of play, not being able to dominate games or play a fluid passing game like they did half a decade ago. So they look to the young players for excitement.
This explains why I like Ciro Immobile. :(

elsk

Banned

I think is always more exciting to see young players from the reserves/youth teams making it to the first team and see how they develop over time.

For example, Bayern tried to sign both Fabio Coentrao and Baines like two seasons ago but in the end we tried Contento and Alaba. And well Alaba looks like one of the best LB in the world while still being 19/20 years old.

Or the Mueller case, we didn't manage to sign Diego and we got Mueller who is one of the best players in the world already. LvG 'fired' Lucio and we got Badstuber, etc.

Is always more fun and rewarding(?) to promote kids from the club itself than buying already successful players from outside for big money.

Partly true.

But also, and without wanting to sound too pretentious, it's part of the club. Even when we have had a really good team the fans look for the stars of the future. United fans always want to see young and emerging talent, it's the clubs tradition and for most fans more satisfying that signing a new player. It's not just the fans who hype these players up, it's the players and Fergie too.

Rodgers has spoken with the referees head. Unhappy about Suarez not getting penalties (reputation preceding him) and dodgy stuff from last night.
proxy.jpg

proxy.jpg

Dreadful challenge. Never got within a metre of the ball, drove his studs/sole into the back of henderson's standing leg which he fortunately unplanted immediately after contact. If Henderson's studs had got caught in the ground, he could have been looking at a serious injury

Liverpool haven't had an undoubtedly top class youth come into the team since Gerrard I think. Kelly could get there

Slizz

proxy.jpg

proxy.jpg

What am I looking at in the second pic?

First pic is awful though, that must have hurt so much.

elseanio

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2F5bmEwZC5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=7TjkjYsGmIOVXo5l2lPPWJd5KG98kwJsG19OeOdq-2Q[IMG]
[IMG]https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2F5bmF5Ni5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=1VIwxaIbejDBx5ZVZZ6GtPa_lk36tewup4LzJQ3s9fw[IMG][/QUOTE]

It was shite. If henderson stayed down, he would have got at least a card, which is bullshit. Same when Yesil was getting fouled, but he stayed on his feet. Lost the ball because of it, but because he didn't "dive" it wasn't a free kick.

Just got to accept each ref is going to have a different interpretation of the rules of the game. Not sure there is a lot you can do about it. Rodgers will gain nothing from going to the referees association or whatever. I don't believe there is a bias against us (possibly is with suarez), they're just too inconsistent.

Oh, it's just hanging there. When I take it off there's a screw in the wall and I can't get it out. So I rather look at half a clock than a stupid screw :p

You noticed dat realism in FIFA 13? :p
Wanted to respond but I thought you were just fishing for a reply from me, so I didn't. You prick :p

Fry

Oh, it's just hanging there. When I take it off there's a screw in the wall and I can't get it out. So I rather look at half a clock than a stupid screw :p

Haha, got it. I have a poster in my bedroom that serves for a similar purpose, too.

It's from Dragon Age II, never even played the franchise once. :p

Linius

Also watched every episode from Suits. Season two was so cash. Much better than one imo. Loved it, but kind of hated...

SUITS SPOILER

That they brought Tess back to fuck things up between Rachel and Mike. Why? :(

3Sixty

Got Siena, Kaiserslautern, EHC Hoensbroek and Steaua Bucureşti at 15/1

EHC won, Kaiserslautern up 2-0 Steaua up 3-1 Siena being held 0-0 :(

Also watched every episode from Suits. Season two was so cash. Much better than one imo. Loved it, but kind of hated...

SUITS SPOILER

That they brought Tess back to fuck things up between Rachel and Mike. Why? :(
I agree. Can't wait for season 3
Grandma dying was so sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom