• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

I just noticed we don't have a title what's going on?

ibh272MjKafpqL.gif

This is hilarious now

Kean was summoned to India for a meeting, he refused to go

Apparently one of the brothers is flying over next week to finally sort it

I think Kean will end up sacking Balaji

PaulLFC

Look at you guys, openly declaring that you wasted £200 on a Vita.

Why. Why did you do that?
To be honest I'm quite pleased with mine. The typical response is "lol it has no games" but the launch was amazing. I got Virtua Tennis, Lumines, Wipeout, Rayman Origins, FIFA and Everybody's Golf in those few weeks, and I still haven't completed most of them. That's probably more to do with me not playing games as much these days, but I've enjoyed what I've played of them so far.

Then there's the downloadable titles like Mutant Blobs Attack, Motorstorm RC and Escape Plan, and others I haven't bought yet like Super Stardust and Sound Shapes which are meant to be good.

Gravity Rush came out, I still haven't bought that yet, and now LBP looks like it's starting off another wave (well, more of a trickle, but still) of games.

I don't think it's that bad to be honest. Not as bad as some make it out to be anyway.

Arnie

Just bought a naughty tweed blazer. I look like a Chelsea fan. Tried on a naughty gilet, too, but alas, that was too far for me.

elsk

Banned
I'm watching Stuttgart vs. Hoffenheim, is Stuttgart that bad or is Hoffenheim actually playing very decent football?

I was going to just say 'Yey', but I thought I'd just post what I posted back in the Olympics thread:

"The moment when Bloc Party announced to 80,000 people that had been cut off from the internet for 5 days that Oasis had split might be one of the best moments of my life. Relief washed over me in an awesome way that I'd never have to put up with that overrated shite again, then Beady Eye came along and for the first time, I actually contemplated offering myself to be eaten on a German forum."

So I met up with Quiche and Meus today at Eurogamer. Both are extremely nice and very cool people :D Meus bought a chair to sit on which was random but also oddly showed good initiative :p :lol

Firstly, the queue for the early entry was ridiculous; took under an hour to get in and register when we should have been playing new games before the rest of the crowd came in!

Played both Meus and Quiche on FIFA 13 (PS3 which I am used to, but I don't think the other guys were :p)

Played Quiche first; I was Arsenal, he was Chelsea in a preview of Saturday's game :p. Game was really tense, had lots of half-chances but none of us could score. So it gets to extra time 99th min, Lampard pinged in a nice ball to Mata who hooked it in the back of the net. Then Mata scored again. At this point I was cursing my defence that defended quite well up to this point, then fucking Lampard scored to make it 3-0. Gervinho got one back with an excellent header but it was too late :(

Then Meus came in and this was a much better game for me. I was BAYYERRNNNN and he was Arsenal. Again, lots of half-chances, with lots of misplaced passes, until some beautiful play by Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla and Giroud to let Arteta smash one into the net. 1-0! Then, a mistake by Meus let Mueller in, goalkeeper saves the first shot but unfortunately couldn't stop the rebound from Mueller. 1-1. Some extremely tense chances (at least for me!) happened but the game went to penalties. This was my chance to avenge Robben's penalty miss against Chelsea in the CL Final :p he scored. Then I did a nice dink over the keeper, Pirlo-style. Finally, I scored the winning penalty after I saved Meus's shot.

Also, Quiche for some reason told me he hated Dante :lol oh, and he was wearing a Dortmund shirt :p

So yeah, fun day. Back again on Saturday to play all the games I missed! (I didn't play a lot :lol)

Nice to meet some gaffers for the first time!

So I met up with Quiche and Meus today at Eurogamer. Both are extremely nice and very cool people :D Meus bought a chair to sit on which was random but also oddly showed good initiative :p :lol

Firstly, the queue for the early entry was ridiculous; took under an hour to get in and register when we should have been playing new games before the rest of the crowd came in!

Played both Meus and Quiche on FIFA 13 (PS3 which I am used to, but I don't think the other guys were :p)

Played Quiche first; I was Arsenal, he was Chelsea in a preview of Saturday's game :p. Game was really tense, had lots of half-chances but none of us could score. So it gets to extra time 99th min, Lampard pinged in a nice ball to Mata who hooked it in the back of the net. Then Mata scored again. At this point I was cursing my defence that defended quite well up to this point, then fucking Lampard scored to make it 3-0. Gervinho got one back with an excellent header but it was too late :(

Then Meus came in and this was a much better game for me. I was BAYYERRNNNN and he was Arsenal. Again, lots of half-chances, with lots of misplaced passes, until some beautiful play by Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla and Giroud to let Arteta smash one into the net. 1-0! Then, a mistake by Meus let Mueller in, goalkeeper saves the first shot but unfortunately couldn't stop the rebound from Mueller. 1-1. Some extremely tense chances (at least for me!) happened but the game went to penalties. This was my chance to avenge Robben's penalty miss against Chelsea in the CL Final :p he scored. Then I did a nice dink over the keeper, Pirlo-style. Finally, I scored the winning penalty after I saved Meus's shot.

Also, Quiche for some reason told me he hated Dante :lol oh, and he was wearing a Dortmund shirt :p

So yeah, fun day. Back again on Saturday to play all the games I missed! (I didn't play a lot :lol)

Nice to meet some gaffers for the first time!

Nice to meet you too :). Also I hate Dante in the game! He is so fucking slow!

the best quiche is a premature one.

Damn Straight!

Arnie

I'm sorry but... who is Meus? :p

Jason Raize.

Beaten like Quiche at Fifa. Just seen that Fifa 13 is 99p at Game when you trade Skyrim and Witcher 2. I'm on that tomorrow. Mat, where's the nearest Game in Sheffield? The one in town has closed down. Is there one in Hillsborough? Might have to tram back to Meadowhall. Really can't be fucked with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom