• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Splatt

What's your opinion on this video?

I didn't watch the game, I only know about the situation from local and British media. I don't have the full picture so I refrained from commenting on the matter earlier...

I will say this though. We certainly have close-minded idiots that will use any opportunity to show how much of a racist cunt (and cunt in general) they are, and I don't doubt that they were present on the match day. The incident is just a reflection of the state the whole country is in... I don't blame anyone for thinking we are a bunch of dickhead JT's. It's our fault for projecting such image to the world.

I'm sorry and I apologise about how the whole thing turned out. Our FA is a joke, corrupt from top to bottom, any punishment we recieve is deserved.

I had hoped we'd have learned our lesson from previous incidents, it seems that's never going to happen, unless we recieve a good ban in all selections.

edit:

I think the video is just our FA's way of looking at someone else to blame.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Serbian FA have released a YouTube video where they claim Danny Rose has lied. They show clips of him in the match when he wasn't being abused and say he is a liar using a technicality because he said "everytime I got the ball they abused me".

What JT's.

Edit - Beaten lol. Video above!

Utterly disgraceful. Thankfully we won the game which is the most delicious thing. Their pathetic wailing isn't going to change that.

6 months of senior games behind closed doors should suffice imo

Would be harsh to ban the U21 team and impede their upcoming players' development because a number of their fans are knobends

I didn't watch the game, I only know about the situation from local and British media. I don't have the full picture so I refrained from commenting on the matter earlier...

I will say this though. We certainly have close-minded idiots that will use any opportunity to show how much of a racist cunt (and cunt in general) they are, and I don't doubt that they were present on the match day. The incident is just a reflection of the state the whole country is in... I don't blame anyone for thinking we are a bunch of dickhead JT's. It's our fault for projecting such image to the world.

I'm sorry and I apologise about how the whole thing turned out. Our FA is a joke, corrupt from top to bottom, any punishment we recieve is deserved.

I had hoped we'd have learned our lesson from previous incidents, it seems that's never going to happen, unless we recieve a good ban in all selections.

edit:

I think the video is just our FA's way of looking at someone else to blame.

You don't need to apologise. It's sad to hear that this incident is a reflection of the state Serbia is in, but there are obviously decent people that don't deserve to be tarred with the same brush as those cunts. It would terrible if anyone had the impression that everyone in your country is like that.

It's sad, but I think a ban would at the very least send a strong message to the Serbian FA, and to those people that think that kind of abuse is acceptable, that it has no place in football or any part of life.

Yeah that sounds pretty good!! The GF will no doubt be wanting to watch X-Factor that night so I should be alright to play a bit of Vita!

What's your SEN? It'll have to be 7 btw, brother will be watcing the Arsenal match :)

edit: Actually, just add me. Name's the same as it is on here

Blablurn

4-2-4 is the shit. even though i got an early red card (didnt pay attention with one foul) i beat one guy in division 4 who used spain with 5:2. what the hell!

Meier

What size database/player count do you guys go for?

Fiddling with custom settings and I'm at 101k right now with 12 leagues.

We always pick the largest (huge?) with England down to League 2, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, and sometimes Brazil/Argentina.

Damn, you guys must have beastly machines. Mine is about 3 years old at this point.. I feel like the game is too slow with just the Portuguese league players plus the major internationals (I think that's like 12k?) that I usually play with.

kharma45

Jesus. Might fly in with two feet, but I've got an overbearing work load at the minute.

Me and some housemates licked a scotch bonnet a few minutes ago; I'm in genuine pain.

Aye I've a load of uni work building up at the minute but fuck it, I can multitask.

Yep.

I bought it today from GMG for £22.

Loving it already. Anderson is on his way to Villa. Making a naughty bid for Suso now.

He went on loan to Everton in my game lol.

FootballFan

What are you doing?! I'm sure he is, but we need more banter and drama! Interisti are nowhere to be seen, Milan fans are too depressed to give a damn, all we have is Napoli simpatizers like AndresOFF and FootballFan and one true fan. :/

This is the reason I am going for Napoli. The Milan and Inter fans have disappeared.

It will be boring for you guys to rub your victory into no-ones face, since nearly everyone here loves Juve. AndresON and I are ready. :p

Cavani missed his flight to Italy. :lol

Missed it or did Juve sabotage his attempt to return? :p

Meier

Just visited the MLS thread for the first time, and there's a few people who don't post in here. Do they not feel welcome or something?

Some people are just fans of their local teams and have difficulty getting actively involved with teams who they can't easily follow. It's definitely a time investment to try and watch and follow games that are 6+ hours ahead of you. Heck, my favorite baseball team is 2 hours behind me but was 3 hours behind me for my entire youth and that was tough enough as is.

As an American fan, it can feel a little awkward due to the terminology (soccer vs. football) difference as well if you're more of a casual fan. I think it was smart of the MLS to start using more typical club names (Sporting Kansas City, Real Salt Lake, etc.) in terms of slowly making people more comfortable with the international game.

Wes

venison crêpe
Welp, FM not crashes on me whenever I try to make a new game or go to the next day.

I'll see what a reboot does.

This is the reason I am going for Napoli. The Milan and Inter fans have disappeared.

It will be boring for you guys to rub your victory into no-ones face, since nearly everyone here loves Juve. AndresON and I are ready. :p
I too will be rooting for Napoli, you aloe-hating bastards.
Too much Juve dominance is boring as hell + Napoli's got some straight up G playas.

I'm going to buy Cleverley and have him rot in the reserves as payback.

Can you printscreen Suso's stats please?
GXewF.png

ii4xA.png

My scout only gave him a 3.5 star potential. Scout isn't the best though, but doesn't look as good as maybe you'd expect. Still quite a few strong stats for an 18 y/o.

Clegg

Can someone post the stats for Shinji please.

Excellent rating for Sterling.

Think I'll make a cheeky bid for him when I get the game.

Bumhead

Banned
I hope the Classic mode is a success and leads to a stand alone release in the future. That mode is right up my street but I don't want to have to buy the full game to get it.

This is the first time I won't be buying a CM/FM release since some time in the mid to late 90's. Feels bad man.

Tc91

When I scout Sterling with Martin Ferguson (20 player ability, 19 play potential) it says buy him whatever the price.

Come to Old Trafford Raheem.

Top Bottom