• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

FootballFan

Oh shit. First we had to put up with Andres and all of his Ultimate Team talk, now FM13 talk is out. FM is awesome though so it's okay, unlike Ultimate Team.

Arnie

When I scout Sterling with Martin Ferguson (20 player ability, 19 play potential) it says buy him whatever the price.

Come to Old Trafford Raheem.

Wow.

Can you scout Cleverley and Jonjo with that scout and report the results.

same here :/

Do you wish you could like I do?

I hope the Classic mode is a success and leads to a stand alone release in the future. That mode is right up my street but I don't want to have to buy the full game to get it.

This is the first time I won't be buying a CM/FM release since some time in the mid to late 90's. Feels bad man.

What is Classic Mode?

I think if I could combine FIFA and FM I would never do anything else with my life, but as it stands I can't sit back and watch the matches. I like everything in between however. I'm more a GM or Director of Football than a manager.

Oh shit. First we had to put up with Andres and all of his Ultimate Team talk, now FM13 talk is out. FM is awesome though so it's okay, unlike Ultimate Team.

Your mouth is spewing a lot of shit boy.

Bumhead

Banned
What is Classic Mode?

I think it's basically a toned down version of the main game, designed to be lighter and much, much faster than the main game. The big sell is that you can complete a season in just a couple of hours if you want to. It's designed to be the game for the fans that grew up with the series but don't have the time anymore for the full fat version.

I think it's free but only available with the full game for now, and has optional microtransactions.

LTWheels

Shelvey
KpCsW.jpg

BDIRr.jpg

Cleverley

Tc91

Wow.

Can you scout Cleverley and Jonjo with that scout and report the results.

Shelvey - Quality signing. No intention of joining Man Utd.

Can't scout Cleverley as I'm managing United but it doesn't look good.

"Cleverley would be a good player for most Premier Division sides."

Arnie

Shelvey - Quality signing. No intention of joining Man Utd.

Can't scout Cleverley as I'm managing United but it doesn't look good.

"Cleverley would be a good player for most Premier Division sides."

Conclusive.

Doicare crying into Salazar's arms.

Also, I'm watching the greatest film ever made tonight, for pure enjoyment. The Godfather.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Do the MLS guys have no interest in football outside the USA?

Atlanta has no mls team so I really don't follow the league at all. Colombia has the most players outside of the u.s. but I watch american sports at night.

This is the reason I am going for Napoli. The Milan and Inter fans have disappeared.

It will be boring for you guys to rub your victory into no-ones face, since nearly everyone here loves Juve. AndresON and I are ready. :p

Missed it or did Juve sabotage his attempt to return? :p

zuniga.jpg

Some people are just fans of their local teams and have difficulty getting actively involved with teams who they can't easily follow. It's definitely a time investment to try and watch and follow games that are 6+ hours ahead of you. Heck, my favorite baseball team is 2 hours behind me but was 3 hours behind me for my entire youth and that was tough enough as is.

As an American fan, it can feel a little awkward due to the terminology (soccer vs. football) difference as well if you're more of a casual fan. I think it was smart of the MLS to start using more typical club names (Sporting Kansas City, Real Salt Lake, etc.) in terms of slowly making people more comfortable with the international game.

too many American sports to follow mls imo. Sounders are my team tho

wat. Get on the ultimate team bandwagon son

Cleverly determination 18.

I wonder if there is a stat for that from doicare.

lulz-1.gif

Yen

I always liked how in the old Championship Managers, plenty of players were rated 20 in loads of states. Guys like Figo, Henry, Zizou had like 10 each.

Meier

Seems like they're giving 5*'s out like candy this year. Can't wait to snag some Brazilians!

How are the following?

Vaclav Kadlec
Khouma Babacar
Luis Guilherme
Romario
Sebastien Corchia
Sime Vrsaljko
Nika Kvekevskiri

Timurid

Seems like they're giving 5*'s out like candy this year. Can't wait to snag some Brazilians!

How are the following?

Vaclav Kadlec
Khouma Babacar
Luis Guilherme
Romario
Sebastien Corchia
Sime Vrsaljko
Nika Kvekevskiri

also look for Yaya Sanogo

Fuck, now I need it too..
Soo, if I pre-order the game I can cancel it at any time, right (it'll be cheaper off of Amazon anyways)?
Wait, can I even do it out of Germany?

*looking it up*

Nope, not on German steam...motherfuckers.

Meier

also look for Yaya Sanogo

Yeah, France's young strikers are amazing in FM. Yannis Tafer (the computer scored boatloads with him when I'd go on vacation for a game), Yaya Sanogo, Lenny Nangis, Mbaye Niang, Hervin Ongenda... Kadlec was the best player in 2012 for me though. Untouchable.

Fuck, now I need it too..
Soo, if I pre-order the game I can cancel it at any time, right (it'll be cheaper off of Amazon anyways)?
Wait, can I even do it out of Germany?

*looking it up*

Nope, not on German steam...motherfuckers.

You can pre-order then cancel once you get your beta code and it will be active till Monday 5th November. I think you can only do this if you pre-order a boxed copy otherwise they just send you the full code instantly and you can't cancel.

You can pre-order then cancel once you get your beta code and it will be active till Monday 5th November. I think you can only do this if you pre-order a boxed copy otherwise they just send you the full code instantly and you can't cancel.

Yep thanks, I just ordered it off of Amazon.co.uk - will prolly cancel it at some point.
This also sprung up while I searched for it:
hvvnO.jpg

Thanks for the warning, Amazon :)

FootballFan

ultimate team is the best shit ever. Look at this

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/139482802

What is that supposed to be? It was just a goal..lol. Anyways in Ultimate Team stats are boosted and the gameplay gets sped up. So even the goals you score are fake.

People online do tricks and sprint through the whole field with Heskey, scoring goals from 40meters because he is "on form". Which isn't possible with him in normal mode.

You guys see that thread in the OT about American sports not having relegation system? Lunch Box doing his usual thing.

Timurid

Yeah, France's young strikers are amazing in FM. Yannis Tafer (the computer scored boatloads with him when I'd go on vacation for a game), Yaya Sanogo, Lenny Nangis, Mbaye Niang, Hervin Ongenda... Kadlec was the best player in 2012 for me though. Untouchable.

France easily has the best strikers in the game by far. If Kara is still the same like he was in 12 He is coming to whatever team i manage.

France easily has the best strikers in the game by far. If Kara is still the same like he was in 12 He is coming to whatever team i manage.

yeah, I always got Kara/Romario/Kadlec - no matter the team. Sometimes Guilhereme too, if I needed him. Never could get into Fierro or Sanogo. Also loved to get Porto's Fernando - they always transfer listed him for cheap at some point.
Always got the cheap South African talent (Xulu, Jali and that older dude), Bresan & Jensen with a lower team.

---dlding at 4mbit, 70% done ... woohoo, hello sleepless night O_O

Tc91

Kara FUCK! Forgot about him.

Tried signing Hummels for £21m not having any of it.

3 games in scored 10 conceded 6 :(.

Man Utd 1 - 3 QPR

Tough times.

Footballers also likes free shit I guess, especially when companies can bother making something for them with their name on. :p

They also talked about pro footballers having had FM13 for a few weeks now and every now and then see Copenhagen players write like "THANKS EA FOR FIFA!" on twitter when getting it early.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
What is that supposed to be? It was just a goal..lol. Anyways in Ultimate Team stats are boosted and the gameplay gets sped up. So even the goals you score are fake.

People online do tricks and sprint through the whole field with Heskey, scoring goals from 40meters because he is "on form". Which isn't possible with him in normal mode.

You guys see that thread in the OT about American sports not having relegation system? Lunch Box doing his usual thing.

Falcao in a Barca kit!!!

:*)

Top Bottom