• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Do you support a team in the PL yet?

please don't say Stoke, or Chelsea!

lol nope I like a lot of players but of course I enjoy seeing the big squads like united, chelsea, and city get beat. I'm waiting to see what Colombian players go over there. I like Giroud and Cazorla though!

You know what if I was to pick an EPL team to support I'd probably pick Stoke just so I could troll the rest of footy-gaf.

I always liked Napoli but the hate they get here makes me like them more. Also this Baller:
zuniga.jpg

LOL I think he wears his collar up just to troll people.

qindarka said:
Nah, he dislikes Chelsea and what he perceives to be anti-football.

I cheered for Drogba in the Champions league final! Besides you guys are playing kind of nice right now. If you buy Falcao I'm yours lol

WAR recon zero said:
Miñia, Guarin and Falcagod. Good choices

I had James starting but they nerfed all of the Colombian players in the game. James with 83 pace? Lol

lol nope I like a lot of players but of course I enjoy seeing the big squads like united, chelsea, and city get beat. I'm waiting to see what Colombian players go over there. I like Giroud and Cazorla though!

Cazorla is a sexy man. Style of football suits us so well, it's like he's been here for years!

Arteta is my favourite Arsenal player though, so classy, and a dreamboat too! What more could you want?

also, gay overtones lol

I just finished watching Blade Runner. Beside the visuals, the movie is quite average, poor even. I have no idea how its come to be known as one of the best sci fi movies.

Dibbz

Watch it again in a few years.

So good. I've watched it like 3 times already lol

Also, which version did you watch?

I've seen it once but tbh the most interesting part of the movie is the world. Not a bad movie and I liked how it was quite slow but it's not that great.

rodvik

Ok FM13 beta downloaded, I am going in. I saw these quotes on the guardian to help me get in the mood.

"Villa chairman Doug Ellis told me he was right behind me. I told him I'd rather have him in front of me where I could see him"(Tommy Docherty)

"John Bond has blackened my name with his insinuations about the private lives of football managers. Both my wives are upset."
Malcolm Allison quote

"A lot of hard work went into this defeat."
Malcolm Allison quote

"We're hopeful the game will go ahead. In this respect we’ve spared no expense. We've even hired a snow plough, if you get my drift" (Syd Collins, Sunderland chairman)

"Behind every successful manager there is a surprised chairman" (Manny Cussins, former Leeds United chairman)

"I left the boardroom as I arrived, fired with enthusiasm" (John McGrath, former Preston)

"When I joined West Ham, the chairman told me it was a family club and it was. There was an argument going on in every room" (Jimmy Greaves)!!"

jtb

Banned
I just finished watching Blade Runner. Beside the visuals, the movie is quite average, poor even. I have no idea how its come to be known as one of the best sci fi movies.

Agreed. It's a little too ambiguous for my tastes and the plot is really dull once you strip away all the themes (really similar to the last couple Paul Thomas Anderson flicks, really...) and the sci-fi setting, but the atmosphere is good. I liked it, but I'm not a huge fan.

edit:
Yeah I am like you, I like Arsenal more than most the teams in the PL but Sviatolav supporting them ruins it.

fucking Arshavin.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah I am like you, I like Arsenal more than most the teams in the PL but Sviatolav supporting them ruins it.

Agreed. It's a little too ambiguous for my tastes and the plot is really dull once you strip away all the themes (really similar to the last couple Paul Thomas Anderson flicks, really...) and the sci-fi setting, but the atmosphere is good. I liked it, but I'm not a huge fan.

edit:

fucking Arshavin.

andrei-arshavin_972740.jpg

I've seen it once but tbh the most interesting part of the movie is the world. Not a bad movie and I liked how it was quite slow but it's not that great.

That's true about the world actually, but the most interesting character is Deckard IMO. I mean, he's a fairly secretive character and you don't find out much about him, which makes it even more interesting. The film is a perfect example of building atmosphere and conveying deep themes. Not everyone gets the film, but I really, really love the themes it presents and what it means to be human and why.

Very under-appreciated masterpiece.

What are people's thoughts on The Shining? Another masterpiece that was under-appreciated when it first came out in cinemas. Love that film to bits.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Blade Runner is a poor man's Fifth Element

YEAH I WENT THERE

I like both movies but chris tucker is annoying as fuck in anything but friday and rush hour.

I have the extended edition of blade runner on my dvr since last year but god damn I watch too many sports I'm so far behind on my playlist :/

I can see why Liverpool did that show it kind of makes you like the players and even the team. B Rodgers porsche is dat hotness

FSG are unbearable cunts having lived in America almost my whole life

jtb

Banned
That's true about the world actually, but the most interesting character is Deckard IMO. I mean, he's a fairly secretive character and you don't find out much about him, which makes it even more interesting. The film is a perfect example of building atmosphere and conveying deep themes. Not everyone gets the film, but I really, really love the themes it presents and what it means to be human and why.

Very underappreciated masterpiece.

Ehhh I'm not a fan of that argument, it's like the lazy man's Inception defense. And Deckard was pretty dull to me; I've always seen him as defined by a character trait (is he
replicant or human
.) It's like when a character is defined by the fact that they have cancer.

Highest paid player at Arsenal!

Was so excited when he came to Arsenal, really felt he could light up the PL for years to come, and he did for a while. dem 4 goals against Liverpool.

Now? He's a lazy twat :(

It's because Wenger played him out on the left, when everyone but Wenger knows his best position is behind the striker!

Why :(

Top Bottom