• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

fuenf

I don't see the problem in preferring one to the other. It's not like they are in different tiers. If at all.

Based on their respective careers you'd have to take Xavi. No argument. But i wouldnt take Xavi over Schweini at Bayern (especially given their age).

Rouh

GETTIN MAH JUNIOR ON
That final and 1999 Champions league was crazy crazy! especialy the Group D with Barça, Bayern and Manchester...

Well i was for Barça :/

Clegg

HAHAHAHAHA.

C'mon son. You probably don't even remember what a good midfielder is like.

One is a multiple time World Player of the Year nominee. Has La Liga, Champions League, European Championship,World Cup winners medals and is the one of the most important players of those two sides. He's the best midfielder of his generation too.

The other lost a Champions League final to an average team, in his own stadium.

Fry

Eh? What does that got to do with their abilities? Their titles won't tell you who's better than the other. The team they play for will.

Going by your logic, you could never tell me Villa is better than Ibra.

longdi

Banned
wow messi scores another fk?
i think the difference between him and ronaldo is messi seems to continue adding new plays to his game. ronaldo seems to have peaked in his development, still a very high peak.

messi used to be the guy who is talented on the ball for quick turns and fast give and go, but his passing and shots were poor and predictably left footed.
now he is doing well as a playmaker picking out his team mates, score crazy amount of goals and scoring fk!

messi is the goku of football!

awesome growth steroids!

fuenf

One is a multiple time World Player of the Year nominee. Has La Liga, Champions League, European Championship,World Cup winners medals and is the one of the most important players of those two sides. He's the best midfielder of his generation too.

One is playing with (Messi), Puyol, Villa and Iniesta. Look there's no question that Xavi had the better career but he wasnt always "the best player in the world." He made a huge jump around 2008 when he was 27-28, just like Schweini is now.

But who cares Bayern has one of the three best sides in the world, and arent a mediocre team like Liverpool.

Clegg

Eh? What does that got to do with their abilities? Their titles won't tell you who's better than the other. The team they play for will.

Going by your logic, you could never tell me Villa is better than Ibra.

It does tell you about their abilities when you think that those teams wouldn't be half as good without him. Spain have Casillas and Barca have Messi but Xavi is what makes them tick.

I'm not saying Schweinsteiger is crap as he's obviously very good. But Xavi is out there on his own as the best midfielder in the world. Even though he probably isn't quite as good as he was a few years ago.

Rouh

GETTIN MAH JUNIOR ON
Yeah, Bastian is more complete.

Sorry Fry, but will you lose this argument: Xavi has been the metronome of both Barça and la Roja and have been a central piece in leading them to where they are. Bastian is really good but not at the same level

But i guess personnal preferences

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ghana beating Germany in the Women's U17 World Cup final. When's the last time Germany won anything at any level?

edit: never mind, it's a third place game silly me

Clegg

I also disagree with the assumption that Bayern have one of the top three teams in club football.

Barca and Real are clearly the top two sides.

But it gets much, mush harder to say who the third best actually are.

jtb

Banned
One is playing with (Messi), Puyol, Villa and Iniesta. Look there's no question that Xavi had the better career but he wasnt always "the best player in the world." He made a huge jump around 2008 when he was 27-28, just like Schweini is now.

But who cares Bayern has one of the three best sides in the world, and arent a mediocre team like Liverpool.

Haha random, but I lol'd anyways.

Gotta go with the Xavi > Schweinsteiger consensus here. Hell, I'd go Xavi > Fabreags (the Arsenal version) > Schweinsteiger.

Slizz

Looking over todays games.....

Ivory Coast vs. Senegal could be either an amazing match or an absolute terrible one and thats the only match worth watching.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
When is the next youth game? And why wasn't Briseno the future GOAT captain playing?
Mexico U20 is playing Colombia U20 later today. And I'm pretty sure we are not fielding any players actually working with their respective clubs' first teams because we do have club football this weekend in Mexico.

Mmmm Giantbomb PES quicklook? Well why not, I see they are already trying to rival me in ugly pro

For4h.jpg

fuenf

Haha random, but I lol'd anyways.

Gotta go with the Xavi > Schweinsteiger consensus here. Hell, I'd go Xavi > Fabreags (the Arsenal version) > Schweinsteiger.

Sure there's no argument about it (now). But both are essential to their clubs. Would Bayern be a better club if every Barca player played there? Sure. Would they be better with just Xavi instead of Schweini? I dont know.

Also, like i said yesterday Schweini is great and all, but Kroos can reach a whole other tier (Xavi tier ;)).

Hixx

Djibril Cisse is guest editing a Sunderland fanzine
KuGsj.gif

Come back Djiblets! You're a cunt but you knew how to stick the ball in the back of the Mag's net. ;_;

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Schweini is brilliant, one of my favourite Germans. A true jack of all trades.
Master of none

Hixx

Giant Bomb can be great

Other times they can be infuriatingly annoying. How can you make a living playing games and be so shit at them!?

pappe

Torres has won the Champions League , Euros and The World cup. He is better than Falcao, Messi and Ronaldo.

Their Persona 4 Endurance Run was great.

Ghana five minutes away from winning.

So was their deadly premonition, had some real laughing out loud moments with that. Most of giantbombs stuff though is just reviews, coverage of events and such without ever trying to be funny, but it can get really funny when it gets off rails every now and then, especially on their bombcast, but I also just like how they sometimes sit down to play flight sims and such for hours like no other sites really does just to accidentally crash it into the ground or blow it up before it has even taken off.

Football team. Only have one.

One too many. ;)

and nah Salazar, denim jackets needs to die out already.

Top Bottom