• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

elsk

Banned
Rather have Schweinsteiger than Xavi?

Why not? Xavi is a CM, Schweinsteiger is a complete midfielder and completely changes the team when he's playing. I think he's more important to Bayern than Xavi is to Barcelona.

Kroos and Xavi are more similar, only vision and passing CMs. Schweinsteiger is the complete pack (DM+CM+CAM).

Yen

2445-christian%20bale.jpg

2004 and 2005
For The Machinist – likely one of the most astonishing loses for a roll ever seen – the 6′ Bale whittled himself down to 121 pounds (63 pounds loss) to play an insomniac, only to pack on 100 pounds worth of muscle in 5 months for his role as the camped crusader. More recently Bale dropped a third of his body weight to portray Dicky Eklund in The Fighter.

dc89

Wrongest post ever. Nothing better than really long podcasts, I listen to them when travelling/going to sleep/showering/making food, so I get through 3 hours quite easily. Also really like 8-4 podcast and their usual long length too.

People should listen to 8-4. It's the best gaming podcast in my opinion.

I'm new to 8-4. Listened to the latest on Thursday though and I quite liked it. Who's the girl? Sounds pretty cute.

Picked the table cloth up for £20. Couldn't say no.

Shop I bought it from were selling lots of the new shirts for £20. Arsenal, Barca, Portugal, England shirts all on discount. Was close to grabbing Portugal too.

Now to get Kagawa printed on the back.

GorillaJu

When Japanese girls have just started learning English, there's absolutely nothing attractive about it, but a girl with just the slightest twinge of a Japanese accent is <3 <3 <3

It sounds like a clumsier, less sexy French accent.

Nyx

2 footy docs on the telly tonight, The Four Year Plan (about QPR) and Blue Moon Rising. (Man City)

Any good?

Any other recommendations on footy documentaries?

Messi

Why not? Xavi is a CM, Schweinsteiger is a complete midfielder and [/b]completely changes the team when he's playing. I think he's more important to Bayern than Xavi is to Barcelona.[/b]

Kroos and Xavi are more similar, only vision and passing CMs. Schweinsteiger is the complete pack (DM+CM+CAM).

Wat, does not compute. Have you seen barca without Xavi? The look lost for ideas and very beatable on counterattacks. Xavi changes shit when he is on.

Tc91

2 footy docs on the telly tonight, The Four Year Plan (about QPR) and Blue Moon Rising. (Man City)

Any good?

Yeah the QPR one is amazing lol really funny.

City one is quite good actually watched it with my brother and my dad.

Arnie

If anyone's watching 606 on the BBC website watch out for me in the audience. In a grey university of Sheffield hoody. Got a hamburger in my coat pocket.

Carbonox

Decided to pick up Dishonored while doing my grocery shopping earlier today. Couldn't help myself. D:

Saw Taken 2 as well today. Average.

dc89

Any good?

Blue Moon Rising is genuinely entertaining. I think the cinematography in regards to how they captured the on the pitch action was critically acclaimed. I remember it being extremely good.

I'd actually recommend it to any football fan because I think everyone can relate to the emotion the fans go through.

IIRC you also hear from Mr Cook and how he describes the club and the mess it was in when he was appointed. I think it was Blue Moon Rising which gave me a new found respect for Mr Cook.

And although it was filmed in a season where we actually failed our target of breaking in to the top 4, you can appreciate the task that was transforming a big club, to a massive one.

Xavi might just be a passer of the ball, but that is a slight disingenuous way to put it because his impact and importance to his sides is so great.

I do think Schweinsteiger is a pretty special player himself and he has years on Xavi, so let's see where he goes in the next few years. But he will have to be consistently and absolutely brilliant to match him, for me.

For me, until now anyway, the difference is how they have performed at the very top level of the game. Xavi has dominated CL finals, semi-finals, quarter-finals time and time again. He's dominated at the international level too, in the biggest matches.

Schweinsteiger hasn't done that yet. Sure they are different players and have a different skillset and role - but for now, when Schweinsteiger has got to those big moments he hasn't impressed the same way Xavi has.

So for now I'd say Xavi IS on a different level. He's legendary for me and that's defined by being the best, against the best in the biggest matches. Schweinsteiger is world class or whatever you want to call it, but he isn't a footballing great. Not yet anyway.

Meier

Youtube asked me to become a partner to monetize my videos.

All my videos are from a rare Oasis bootleg and thus have a copyright notice on it. I'm not expecting to make much money off this, but I'm curious to see how it goes. Sony Music will probably slap my shit

Let me know what happens.. they always do the same to me but some of my videos are recordings of TV (American football plays and stuff).

I also disagree with the assumption that Bayern have one of the top three teams in club football.

Barca and Real are clearly the top two sides.

But it gets much, mush harder to say who the third best actually are.
I think for now you'd have to give it to them.

I agree with Real in the top 2..but last year Bayern outclassed Real and then also Man City who I'd expect would be one of the "rivals" for that 3rd spot. Obv. Dortmund took a big poo on Bayern domestically so maybe they're not a million miles clear in 3rd place...but if I was ranking everybody I'd definitely put them there.

Clegg

I think for now you'd have to give it to them.

I agree with Real in the top 2..but last year Bayern outclassed Real and then also Man City who I'd expect would be one of the "rivals" for that 3rd spot. Obv. Dortmund took a big poo on Bayern domestically so maybe they're not a million miles clear in 3rd place...but if I was ranking everybody I'd definitely put them there.

Dortmund are exactly who I'd have ahead of Bayern atm.

They haven't been brilliant this season but they're too good not to pick themselves back up.

Top Bottom