• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

I like Schweinsteiger, but come on, guys. He had half a good season in 09/10, like 3 good months in 10/11 and had like 6 or 7 good matches this season. Yes, injuries but still. That's just not enough for me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
pDNw9.jpg
Really like Germany's away kit. It's like Barcelona's except the colours are crap.
Torres has won the Champions League , Euros and The World cup. He is better than Falcao, Messi and Ronaldo.
To say Torres won the World Cup is like saying Pepe Reina won the World Cup because he was there.

Arnie

denim jackets needs to die out already.

I genuinely regret not buying that one with the fur. Would've looked fucking naughty when the snow starts to fall.

In the audience for 606 live at the crucible later, might ask a question. My head's pounding though, absolutely pounding.

Fry

I like Schweinsteiger, but come on, guys. He had half a good season in 09/10, like 3 good months in 10/11 and had like 6 or 7 good matches this season. Yes, injuries but still. That's just not enough for me.

Gündogan is better already, amirite?

GorillaJu

Well, Torres is the only player to score in two Euro finals. Can't be that bad, right?

Torres has climbed back up a bit and became an above average striker. He's never again going to be the world class type that instantly strikes fear who into opposing defenses, but he's now a decent striker. He's had a fair amount of goals this year already. And he's a star, and having star power is always beneficial to a team, despite some members' insistence to the contrary (Footballfan).

Gündogan is better already, amirite?

Stop being stupid.

I just don't see why Schweini should be up there with players that played great over some years already. It's like saying Sahin is better than Xavi. He had an incredible season but was held back by injuries/a wrong move. Both have the talent to be up there but the key is to play well over a few seasons.

The podcast is just too long. Like far too long.

Wrongest post ever. Nothing better than really long podcasts, I listen to them when travelling/going to sleep/showering/making food, so I get through 3 hours quite easily. Also really like 8-4 podcast and their usual long length too.

Feorax

Giantbomb is ok. My only problem with it is there are some prolonged periods of silence which can get a bit annoying. Not long enough to where it becomes awkward, but long enough to the point where I have to check my iphone to see if the podcast has been interrupted for an incoming call.

I'm into the RoosterTeeth podcast at the moment, though there isn't much in terms of gaming in it. For my gaming needs, I stick to Weekend Confirmed.

GorillaJu

Yeah, Idle Thumbs, in particular, is too short. I love that cast. I just wish they'd make it two hours instead of one.

The thing I don't like about Giant Bomb is what dc0239 mentioned. They take almost an hour to talk about games half the time. It's fine that it's more of a "lifestyle" cast in that the listeners are interested in the goings on in their lives, etc. but I prefer it a little more focused.

I also hate that they ripped off the nickname "Scoops" from Idle Thumbs. The world is too small for that to be purely accidental.

My accumulator yesterday netted me £57. It was a pretty safe one, but it took a late late USA goal.

I'm going to start keeping a spreadsheet so I can stay on track of exactly how much I've won/lost.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marchisio's dad: (nothing is important really so I'm not going to bold anything)

“Seeing him in that list with Lionel Messi and co is an incredible feeling,” Stefano Marchisio told Tuttosport.

“I am almost more proud than he is. It is to be considered further recognition for all his hard work and sacrifices.

“I’ll be honest, when my son joined the Juventus youth academy, I didn’t expect all this. Unlike many parents who get into fights with the Coaches, I thought Juve would simply be a great experience and a way of growing up.

“As a child he would always go to bed at 9.30pm the day before a game, which was very tough for him to do. Now what weighs on him more is staying away from his family due to all the long journeys.

“Now that he is in the Ballon d’Or list, I’d love him to finish in the top 10. It would mean he is continuing to win with Juve and with Italy.

“Messi remains the greatest, then Andrea Pirlo, who was stunning last year on top of a fantastic career.

“Claudio is someone who can score 10-15 goals per season. If he played for Barcelona, he’d reach 15 comfortably, so I think he now ought to improve his consistency in front of goal.

“I would love to see my son in Bianconero for his whole life, just as he desires,” added Marchisio Senior.

“If one day Juve did decide to sell him, then I imagine he would only go to play abroad. I hope that doesn’t happen...”

<3

The Ballon d&#8217;Or top 10 list will be as predictable and boring (safe) as ever.

Messi Ronaldo Rooney Xavi Iniesta Pirlo Iker etc.

Bumhead

Banned
Blades are drawing. Danny Wilsons "unbeaten" run (which includes a play-off final defeat, a League Cup first round defeat and 7 pre-season friendlies) goes on.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I don't play Fifa, but how do they rate him? My guess is... 82

84 iirc

Gold packs are a scam lol I spent 10 bucks and got the same premium pack from the other day (Palacio).

Reminds me of buying endless basketball cards as a kid hoping Id get Michael Jordan.

Bumhead

Banned
I just signed Sahin for my Newcastle career mode and he's rated 86. Class player. Have to go out of my way to misplace a pass with him and Cabaye in the middle.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I just signed Sahin for my Newcastle career mode and he's rated 86. Class player. Have to go out of my way to misplace a pass with him and Cabaye in the middle.

Dayum 86. Might have to see what he goes for and sell his ass. Too bad its international break so he cant have a good game for liverpool to inflate his price.

Watching The Machinist. All this weight gain and loss can't be good for Bale.

Bale's fucking crazy. The weight and body mass fluctuations between American Psycho, The Machinist and Batman Begins are ridiculous. His hair must grow at an extraordinary rate as well.

cos-christian-bale-golden-globes-2011-hair.jpg

That'd take me at least 9 months

Top Bottom