• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

I still don't understand why these players are refusing to wear the Kick It Out t-shirts. I know they want them to be more involved and effective but it seems a step too far to be boycotting something because its campaign against what you're against isn't strong enough.

It doesn't really send a strong or clear message, for me anyway.

This game is insane

Deportivo 4-5 Barcelona

untitled-2q1s34.gif
untitled-3vhswr.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I still don't understand why these players are refusing to wear the Kick It Out t-shirts. I know they want them to be more involved and effective but it seems a step too far to be boycotting something because its campaign against what you're against isn't strong enough.

Exactly. I wouldn't even give a shit that he doesn't wear it. It's defying the wishes of his manager. I'd say the same about any team, any manager, but I have a feeling that dc and PJX are crying because its Fergie.

Unicef?

dc89

Celebration number 2 was a 9/10. Not as goods the ones against United but still entertaining! Man I love AVB, I'd have him at City should Mancini ever leave.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Watching MOTD. Walker and Gallas so shit. Walker was like Evra today.

Exactly. I wouldn't even give a shit that he doesn't wear it. It's defying the wishes of his manager. I'd say the same about any team, any manager, but I have a feeling that dc and PJX are crying because its Fergie.

Unicef?
Well we know the drill on that front.

FWIW I don't think Fergie should be telling his players if they can or can't wear these t shirts. I think the only reason he is pissed is because 1) he's a task master 2) he doesn't want the story hanging around the club and longer and Rio has already said and done some very stupid stuff in the last few months.

Rouh

GETTIN MAH JUNIOR ON
Messi's the best player in the world, I'm not disputing that, I'm talking specifically about that goal.

Read, then respond.

I read what you wrote but it doesn't make sense. Would he confront him in the penalty box? he will just have got a penalty, it's best bet was to push him toward the side

Wilbur

Banned
Well we know the drill on that front.

FWIW I don't think Fergie should be telling his players if they can or can't wear these t shirts. I think the only reason he is pissed is because 1) he's a task master 2) he doesn't want the story hanging around the club and longer and Rio has already said and done some very stupid stuff in the last few months.

Rio's always been a fucking idiot, I'm not surprised its him.

For what it's worth, I agree with you just in case some think I'm being biased. No, Fergie shouldn't really be dictating the t-shirts issue, but the fact that he did means it has to be respected. Rio didn't respect it.

I have a feeling that Ferguson knew before he did that press conference that Rio was going to do the same as Jason Roberts. It was strange that he had such a strong opinion on the subject when he answered that question. Did he really understand why Jason Roberts wasn't going to wear the shirt? Or was he more concerned by the media attention it would bring if Rio did the same? And now is he more concerned by how it has made him look after he gave such a strong opinion...?

Top Bottom