• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Wilbur

Banned
Since its a free bet:

jNC3X.jpg

Pretty solid apart from Shakhtar - Chelsea. I'd definitely go for a both teams score/over or under, will be a tough one.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*Paging Salazar*

Mino on Pogba:
Did I celebrate his goal? No. I’m actually surprised by the general surprise…

Paul has some great ability and he just needs to play games in order to gain experience.

Juventus believed in him and they are giving him the right conditions that he needs. But let’s not get over-excited with the compliments because he still has a long way to go.

-

Andreas Laudrup of Nordsjaelland is looking forward to facing Juventus – a former club of father Michael.

The latter, now boss of Swansea City, was a player for the Old Lady in the 1980s and his son will take on the Turin giants in the Champions League on Tuesday.

“It will be a special evening for me,” stated the 21-year-old to Tuttosport. “My dad played for Juventus for four years and he has always spoken well of his time in Turin where he has happy memories.

“I don’t know whether I will start the game,” added the midfielder. “I hope I do though as facing the Bianconeri would be a dream.

“Juventus are a great side, a very great one. They are the Italian champions and they play an entertaining brand of football.”

Laudrup added that he has great admiration for Juventus and Italy playmaker Andrea Pirlo.

“He’s a fantastic player with an excellent right foot,” he explained. “He is the star of the Bianconeri midfield, but also that of Italy. You could learn a lot from him.

“To play alongside him? It’ll be nice, but I don’t think that is likely. I’m young and I still need to grow. I would have to do a lot to deserve the shirt of Juventus.

“But I can’t hide the fact that I’d love to play for the same club that my father played for.”

Now I really don't want to win tomorrow :(

Meier

Anyone mention the PSV & City partnership that's in the making?

PSV will get City's kids on loan and in return City get the option to buy their best players. Do PSV have any quality players at the moment?

I tried to form a partnership with PSV for seasons and seasons in FM but never could. They pump out wonderkid regens in it. :D Should be a great move for the club.

Yen

The only person I had on my ignore list was a well known right wing homophobe, but he posted too much, and was quoted by too many people for the exercise to be worthwhile.

Kenka

Code:
Nordsjælland - [B]Juventus[/B] 	0-1
Shakhtar Donetsk - [B]Chelsea[/B]      0-1

BATE Borisov [B]Valencia[/B]           0-1	
Lille [B]Bayern Munich[/B]             0-2

Spartak Moscow Benfica          1-1 	
[B]Barcelona[/B] Celtic                6-1

[B]Galatasaray[/B] CFR Cluj            3-1 	
[B]Manchester United[/B] Braga         3-1

Any of you guys play DOTA 2?
I'll start this week.

Meier

Any of you guys play DOTA 2?

Been in the beta for probably 6 months.. never booted it up. The game seems really daunting from what I've read and the players are so hardcore and obsessed with it. I've never played any game in the genre.

I could see Bayern losing or tying to Lille.

I don't think so. Lille has been awful in the CL and they're without Debuchy. Ribery and Robben are going to run roughshod on Lille's FBs.

Moobabe

I'll start this week.

Awesome - add me on Steam and shoot me an invite when you start and we can pro it up together.

VHufH.png

Been in beta since last summer but just started taking it seriously about a month or two ago. Played Dota WC3 and Hon for a combined 6-ish years.

I had no idea! I played HoN solidly last year until the Early Access heroes and stuff like that - I think I'm 400+ on DOTA 2 though - we should all get a game going - I have a an invite going as well for any Footy GAF who fancy it.

Been in the beta for probably 6 months.. never booted it up. The game seems really daunting from what I've read and the players are so hardcore and obsessed with it. I've never played any game in the genre.

No time like the present!

dc89

Suso gave Denis Suarez a Liverpool shirt of his. Don't even think about it B-Rod...

In other Denis Suarez news, he's injured his knee AND ankle ligaments, not broken them but just a bad strain. 2 months out.

Slizz

Evra being rested and out of the lineup for the Braga game?

Oh yes....yesssssssss BÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜTTTTTTNNNNNNERRRRRRRR

Meier

In other Denis Suarez news, he's injured his knee AND ankle ligaments, not broken them but just a bad strain. 2 months out.

Yikes! Well, at least it wasn't a tear. He should be ready to go out on loan in January then perhaps. Would love to see him get some top-flight first team football somewhere.

I used to. Rarely anymore.

5RxO9.jpg

This makes me slightly sad because I divided it by 24 and it's still on 45 days. When I was in HS, I played EQ for about 190 days over the course of a few years. Damn Evercrack...

GorillaJu

Awesome - add me on Steam and shoot me an invite when you start and we can pro it up together.

I had no idea! I played HoN solidly last year until the Early Access heroes and stuff like that - I think I'm 400+ on DOTA 2 though - we should all get a game going - I have a an invite going as well for any Footy GAF who fancy it.

No time like the present!

Yeah I played HON REALLY hardcore. Not at the highest level (never been the type to join a serious clan) I was in from early beta and some of my friends who I played with went on to get hired for Valve and Riot.

The guy who I played HON with who worked for Valve got me invited to Dota 2 when there were only about 20 people online at any given time and every game was with Gabe Newell, Eul or other devs. It was fun, but I couldn't stop going back to HON because it Dota 2 was so unrefined at the time, and I preferred the faster pace. Now I'm settled into Dota 2 though. Been playing like a fiend the last two weeks.

Because I'm in Japan, I'm kind of restricted to USA, AUS and Asia players. I almost never get to play with Europeans because the latency is just too shitty.

Wes

venison crêpe
Hours played doesn't mean anything really although yes, I did used to play it a hell of a lot. I've been in the beta a long time and I'd usually leave the client open, much like with FM, even if I wasn't actively playing.

There is a good bunch of GAF people who play quite religiously but the same problem is prevailant as with all mobas, the people who play it are more often than not vile JTs and I got bored playing a game with that kind of atmosphere.

If you can get a good group of people together to play with and probably have a thicker backbone than I then it's a great game.

Moobabe

Yeah I played HON REALLY hardcore. Not at the highest level (never been the type to join a serious clan) I was in from early beta and some of my friends who I played with went on to get hired for Valve and Riot.

The guy who I played HON with who worked for Valve got me invited to Dota 2 when there were only about 20 people online at any given time and every game was with Gabe Newell, Eul or other devs. It was fun, but I couldn't stop going back to HON because it Dota 2 was so unrefined at the time, and I preferred the faster pace. Now I'm settled into Dota 2 though. Been playing like a fiend the last two weeks.

I'm the same - beyond the DOTA 2 celebrity games - the pace of HoN was perfect, but unfortunately a lot of stuff didn't live up to the base game they created.

I'm playing Captain's mode and SD a lot more in DOTA 2 now - All pick is just a test bed for nutters.

GorillaJu

I'm the same - beyond the DOTA 2 celebrity games - the pace of HoN was perfect, but unfortunately a lot of stuff didn't live up to the base game they created.

I'm playing Captain's mode and SD a lot more in DOTA 2 now - All pick is just a test bed for nutters.

I think its the saddest thing that you cant bring up Hon with Dota 2 people, and many of them never even played Hon or Dota long enough to have a worthwhile opinion on the matter :p

Yet its clear as day that Icefrog is directly lifting a fuckton of HON improvements into modern Dota. Every patch it gets closer and closer to the HON pace.

I just have to try to keep my mouth shut and feel quietly vindicated that the things I extol about HON are recognized by the devs at Valve, even if the Dota 2 community wouldn't give them credit for even if it said "THANKS S2!" on the load screen.

One thing I still miss is the sound and spell effect design. HON's are perfect. Witch Slayer's and Pyromancer's spell effects are >>>>>> Demon Witch and Slayer's spell effects by a fucking mile. I even prefer HON voices, even though they lack things like deny taunts and "Oh shiny item!" stuff.

Feh. Oh well. Dota 2's environments and graphical fidelity are gorgeous. No question there.

Top Bottom