• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

iSR94BT0m8byU.png

I'm scared.
Can't be pubes for he is The Hairless One

Mumei

I was watching the Norwich - Arsenal game last night - Norwich hadn't won an EPL game in since 198-what?. I was reading about the whole system of promotion and relegation after hearing that. It's interesting since I'm used to American leagues where teams seem to be basically fixed and don't move up or down through leagues based on their performances.

Wilbur

Banned
I was watching the Norwich - Arsenal game last night - Norwich hadn't won an EPL game in since 198-what?. I was reading about the whole system of promotion and relegation after hearing that. It's interesting since I'm used to American leagues where teams seem to be basically fixed and don't move up or down through leagues based on their performances.

Haha to be fair to Norwich, they were great last season, finished 12th I think. New manager who isn't as good as the old one though. I still think they'll go down.

Relegation isn't much of a worry to me (I say with the impending threat of debt over our heads), but it's a fascinating system. Would love to see Leeds, Notts Forest, Sheffield Wednesday come back up for a real classic Premier League.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haha to be fair to Norwich, they were great last season, finished 12th I think. New manager who isn't as good as the old one though. I still think they'll go down.

Relegation isn't much of a worry to me (I say with the impending threat of debt over our heads), but it's a fascinating system. Would love to see Leeds, Notts Forest, Sheffield Wednesday come back up for a real classic Premier League.
Notts County yo.

elsk

Banned
Notts County yo.

Why not? The original Juventus :eek:

Are you a mod again, Mumei :O!
There was a thread like a couple of days ago about the lack of relegation/promotion system in USA: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496159

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Genoa fired their coach De Canio without telling him. De Canio showed up at training and a journalist told him that Genoa fired him.

Arnie

Fuck Leeds, want them to fall and fall. Horrible, horrible club.

Wednesday, Notts Forest, and Blackburn are teams I want in the Premier League though.

Trying to book IMAX tickets for Skyfall on Friday. Might be tricky.

Mastadon

Banned

I'll presume you mistakenly put 'Leeds' instead of 'Leicester'

Mumei

Welcome back!

Actually as soon as I heard they'd gone twenty-something years since their last EPL win, I was hoping they would win. Now how long has it been since they won two in a row?

Are you a mod again, Mumei :O!
There was a thread like a couple of days ago about the lack of relegation/promotion system in USA: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496159

Interesting, thanks.

And yes, for a little less than a week now.

Wilbur

Banned
If I had to wish for a Premier League

Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Blackpool, Chelsea, Derby, Everton, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Nottingham Forest, Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, Tottenham, West Ham, Wimbledon.

off the top of my head

D_prOdigy

It hasn't been 20 years since Norwich's last Premier League win (they won 12 times last season). The stat might have been the last time they beat Arsenal.

Oxx

Relegation stops people like Venkys buying a team and getting fat off TV money for the rest of their lives no matter how incompetent they are.

Wilbur

Banned
Welcome back!

Actually as soon as I heard they'd gone twenty-something years since their last EPL win, I was hoping they would win. Now how long has it been since they won two in a row?

Thanks!

Ooh, that might be twenty something years haha, not sure about that. I don't think they managed it last season, although they were a good team to watch; like Stoke without the capital punishment.

I'll presume you mistakenly put 'Leeds' instead of 'Leicester'

Peter Taylor Leicester, lol.

I suppose they could do it. Fuck Leeds morally, but they're one of those quintessential English clubs.

Welcome back!

I think you misheard the stat.

They would have had to draw every game last season to stay up!

Yen

Mumei, no team has ever gone through a season without winning. I think Derby had the lowest points tally ever with 11 pts in 07/08. they had 1 win. 19th place had 8 wins.

Salvadora

You've got it wrong, Norwich hadn't beaten Arsenal since 1980-whatever not that they hadn't won a game in the EPL since then.

Arnie

Mumei, no team has ever gone through a season without winning. I think Derby had the lowest points tally ever with 12 pts in 06/07.

I remember banging that team six nil. Babel scored a worldie, feinted a shot and took two defenders with him.

Wes

venison crêpe

Fuck Leeds, want them to fall and fall. Horrible, horrible club.

Wednesday, Notts Forest, and Blackburn are teams I want in the Premier League though.

Trying to book IMAX tickets for Skyfall on Friday. Might be tricky.

That shit will get you killed.

Bumhead

Banned
I detest Leeds with every fibre of my soul, but objectively if you were to hand pick a perfect Premier League they would have to be there.

Along with us, Forest and Blackburn in my opinion.

Top Bottom