• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Moobabe

I think its the saddest thing that you cant bring up Hon with Dota 2 people, and many of them never even played Hon or Dota long enough to have a worthwhile opinion on the matter :p

Yet its clear as day that Icefrog is directly lifting a fuckton of HON improvements into modern Dota. Every patch it gets closer and closer to the HON pace.

I just have to try to keep my mouth shut and feel quietly vindicated that the things I extol about HON are recognized by the devs at Valve, even if the Dota 2 community wouldn't give them credit for even if it said "THANKS S2!" on the load screen.

One thing I still miss is the sound and spell effect design. HON's are perfect. Witch Slayer's and Pyromancer's spell effects are >>>>>> Demon Witch and Slayer's spell effects by a fucking mile. I even prefer HON voices, even though they lack things like deny taunts and "Oh shiny item!" stuff.

Feh. Oh well. Dota 2's environments and graphical fidelity are gorgeous. No question there.

HON GAF are some of the finest bunch I've met on the forums, outside of Footy GAF. The DOTA 2 thread is just full of JTs who datamine patches and don't offer any insight into the game at all and argue about shitty builds on low tier heroes.

And you're right - the Portal Key sound in particular is leagues above the blink dagger sound, I shit my pants every time I heard it because I knew I was dead. DOTA 2 is changing though - when I first started playing every single game was a 40 minute rice fest until people realised the game has heroes that can push a rax in 10 minutes if you play it well enough.

I have it! But haven't had a chance to play it yet because I haven't had the time to put Win7 on my MBP.

Join us! If we can get 10 Footy GAF together we should do a 5v5!

Kyoufu

I've watched Lille a few times this season and they are struggling to win games. Bayern will win comfortably but they have excellent fullbacks so Ribery may find it difficult.

Fry

I've watched Lille a few times this season and they are struggling to win games. Bayern will win comfortably but they have excellent fullbacks so Ribery may find it difficult.

ix88wcqs1hZTj.gif

Dat Debuchy bias!

Ok, but I'll be a complete noob. ShallNoiseUpon (occassional poster, Spurs supporter) has it too, and I bet he will play with us.

Now to actually reformat my MBP and then add Win7. lol I've had Win7 for quite a few months now.

Moobabe

Ok, but I'll be a complete noob. ShallNoiseUpon (occassional poster, Spurs supporter) has it too, and I bet he will play with us.

Now to actually reformat my MBP and then add Win7. lol I've had Win7 for quite a few months now.

We all started somewhere - the first time I played HoN I was beyond awful. Play with us and we'll be nice - play with pubs online and you'll cry :(

fuenf

Any Facebook expert here? I cant log in on my MBP anymore, most of the time i get a 'The email you entered does not belong to any account.' message, othertimes it simply says that my password doesnt match. Resetting my password wont work either as i dont receive any FB email or text message. And yes, both password and e-mail are correct and no the account has not been hacked.

The Facebook app on Android is working fine though.

We all started somewhere - the first time I played HoN I was beyond awful. Play with us and we'll be nice - play with pubs online and you'll cry :(

I'd probably end up playing even worse because it would be my goal to crush my teammates spirits after they spent 10 minutes yellign at me for beign terrible.

I'll try and get Win7 on my comp tonight then.

GorillaJu

HON GAF are some of the finest bunch I've met on the forums, outside of Footy GAF. The DOTA 2 thread is just full of JTs who datamine patches and don't offer any insight into the game at all and argue about shitty builds on low tier heroes.

And you're right - the Portal Key sound in particular is leagues above the blink dagger sound, I shit my pants every time I heard it because I knew I was dead. DOTA 2 is changing though - when I first started playing every single game was a 40 minute rice fest until people realised the game has heroes that can push a rax in 10 minutes if you play it well enough.

Yep. Portal key warp sound, Pharaoh ult "ziiiinng," Witch Slayer (everything. They're all great), Chrono "tick tock" ult, Valkyrie arrow landing sound, Pesti spell effects and sounds (especially the sprint wings flapping sounds). So sublime!

If you can tolerate USW server lag we should run some games together.

I'm off to bed now though. Losing consciousness. Night FootyGaf.

Facism

Gold Member
pretty disgusting issues around the Limasol - fenerbahce game to be played this week. First, ethnically Turkish supporters weren't allowed to travel to Greek Cyprus to watch the game because the greek cypriots don't trust fans to behave. I don't think that can be argued too much, regardless of the intentions behind such a decision.

Now that's over with and turks can travel to watch the game, they're not allowed to bring flags, although Greek-Cypriots are encouraged to bring both Greek and Republic of Cyprus flags.

Wish i could say it's overblown, but every interaction i've had in the South has reminded me that wholesale racism still exists in the EU.

Meier

Nah, Digne and Sidibe or whatever his name is.

When Debuchy was injured they were bossing those positions. I was impressed.

Lucas Digne, FM wonderkid. I'm not too familiar with Sidibe, but I looked him up and he's only 20 and has just 1 league game for Lille. There's no way a 19 and 20 yo will be able to prevent Robben (if he is fit) and Ribery from dominating the wings.

elsk

Banned
i asked Andres not you ;) but even then, i mean how many times would Bayern lose against Bate if they played a 100 times? It's not like Bayern played a particularly bad game, they just couldnt score and Bate on the other hand converted their first two chances.

Are you kidding? They were DFB Cup Final vs. Dortmund kind of bad. We had like Neuer + 1 defender doing all the defensive work in the 2nd half.

Messi

Are you kidding? They were DFB Cup Final vs. Dortmund kind of bad. We had like Neuer + 1 defender doing all the defensive work in the 2nd half.

I agree I thought Baaaaaayern were awful that night. It shocked me.

I am in the cinema waiting for hotel transelvania to start. 400ish seats and I am the only one here. Something tells me I have made a mistake with this movie

fuenf

That's true of course, but they should've been up 2-0 or 3-0 before Bate even scored the first goal. What i meant is, that the loss can be easily explained and it's not like they're suddenly as bad as, for example, Tottenham or Liverpool.

Wilbur

Banned
Hixx is making me laugh today :lol

I agree I thought Baaaaaayern were awful that night. It shocked me.

I am in the cinema waiting for hotel transelvania to start. 400ish seats and I am the only one here. Something tells me I have made a mistake with this movie

Should have seen Frankenweenie instead.

Seems quite short odds for a tenner, but all seems doable. Would worry a tad about Bayern but they are the more likely winners.

With the way Lille has been playing Bayern needs to win. Completely destroyed by Bate and Valencia also with a easy win, they were even close to getting kicked out by a shitty Copenhagen side.

Or in other words, it's a team that replaced Hazard with Kalou.

Nah, Digne and Sidibe or whatever his name is.

When Debuchy was injured they were bossing those positions. I was impressed.

Digne really was fucking fantastic against us too and he's only 19, if Cole goes I want Digne at Chelsea.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
There is a good bunch of GAF people who play quite religiously but the same problem is prevailant as with all mobas, the people who play it are more often than not vile JTs and I got bored playing a game with that kind of atmosphere.

Damn.

Kyoufu

Playing LoL was the worst thing I ever did.

The community is just the biggest load of JTs ever. I can't believe people like that exist. It's sickening.

Wilbur

Banned
Someone good with avatars wouldn't be able to cut out the background leaving just Andy and Dwight and make this avatar size, would they?

dwight-york-and-andy-cole.jpg

Meier

Hey dc, I know you posted earlier that Silva may be back for Ajax but the Mail just posted this:

Manchester City star David Silva has flown home for a week of intense physiotherapy in Spain as he tries to recover from a hamstring injury in time for crucial games in the weeks to come.

City coach Brian Kidd rather bizarrely claimed that Silva may be able to face Ajax in Wednesday night's Champions League tie in Amsterdam.

However it can be revealed that the mercurial winger is actually back in Spain working with his favourite physio and is not expected to return to England until the weekend.

As such, Silva is certainly out of Saturday's Barclays Premier League game at home to Swansea and in all likelihood the following weekend's fixture at West Ham United.

Blablurn

i only missed the game against fürth cause i was out with my gf. yeah, even for blablurn there is a life beyond bayern.

i kept looking and looking at the iphone live ticker though :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Playing LoL was the worst thing I ever did.

The community is just the biggest load of JTs ever. I can't believe people like that exist. It's sickening.

Fifa is JT city too but it is fun. I have voice chat disabled unless it's friends so I don't hear it. Hate mail on the other hand is nice to read tho.

UT seasons seem to be cooler people. I was beating some dude 8-1 and he finished the game. Falcao had like 4 goals lol

Piszczek signed a new contract until 2017, nice!

Fucking Lewandowski, do what your fellow Polish guys already did. And give Gündogan a new contract to shut United fans up :D

Top Bottom