• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pretty cool by Milan.

"One year has passed but we will never forget you. Goodbye Sic (Simoncelli), true red & black! "

A54RvCiCMAAQxMM.jpg

Acidote

So... Málaga-Milan tomorrow at La Rosaleda. Will Málaga keep their trend or will they finally wake up from their CL dream? They've been hammered as of late with injuries (Toulalan, Monreal, Weligton and the long time injured Baptista), the team is not prepared for so many tournaments.

So... Málaga-Milan tomorrow at La Rosaleda. Will Málaga keep their trend or will they finally wake up from their CL dream? They've been hammered as of late with injuries (Toulalan, Monreal, Weligton and the long time injured Baptista), the team is not prepared for so many tournaments.

Yep.

Wilbur

Banned
Pretty cool by Milan.

"One year has passed but we will never forget you. Goodbye Sic (Simoncelli), true red & black! "

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A54RvCiCMAAQxMM.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

Good shit.

Lucifer, how's Inzaghi doing with the youth teams?

Wilbur

Banned
So far pretty good, iirc he lost one match and won the others. Can't be more precise now though, my smartphone is failing me.

YOU FUCKING SUCK

[spoilers]cheers, I always liked Inzaghi. Can't see Allegri being there much longer so was just interested in how it's going[/spoiler]

And then City still almost managed to lose the championship, soulless horde of mercs..

As shite as we were most of last season, and not to go doicare on y'all, we did pretty well to finish joint with them after that morale sapping defeat and an extensive injury list for large parts of the season.

They deserved it overall. But only just.

operon

Normally dc your non stop city pr goes down as well as a fart in a spaceship, but that post would brighten anyone's day, including the doicare quote :)

WJD

As shite as we were most of last season, and not to go doicare on y'all, we did pretty well to finish joint with them after that morale sapping defeat and an extensive injury list for large parts of the season.

They deserved it overall. But only just.

I always say that the 1-0 at their place was a much better indicator as to where both teams were at the time. We didn't get a sniff and our slow, immobile midfield of Scholes and Carrick was completely destroyed by Yaya.

The 6-1 was just ridiculous in every way; we were probably (marginally) the better team before the Balotelli goal but then Evans getting sent off and our other defenders forgetting they were still playing in the last 3 minutes completely fucked us up. 3-1 would have been a much fairer result in terms of how the game played out, but that doesn't really matter now.

YOU FUCKING SUCK

[spoilers]cheers, I always liked Inzaghi. Can't see Allegri being there much longer so was just interested in how it's going[/spoiler]

:(

Just checked btw, Milan is 4th (Atalanta is 1st with 6W, Inter and Chievo 2nd and 3rd), 4W and 1L, and still has to play one match (vs Inter).

GorillaJu

"Giroud will come good"

No you don't.

"Andy Carroll is massively talented, he'll come good it's only a matter of time."

"He gets into good positions he's just not had good luck on the finishes."

"Finally a Carroll goal! This should get him the confidence he needs. He'll be scoring loads from here on."

"Quiet game by Carroll's standards. After last week's goal we really expected a flurry."

"He's got potential. It'll come."

---> Andy Carroll goes on loan to West Ham.

Giroud is your Andy Carroll, Arse fans.

Salazar

---> Andy Carroll goes on loan to West Ham.

Hodgson would pick him if he lost a leg in a car accident.

Big Andy will always have a friend in Roy.

Terry has retained the captaincy but has been made aware he is on a final warning from the club. Roberto Di Matteo insisted he must not allow his standards to slip again.
'I think he has realised that he used language that was inappropriate and has apologised for that and has certainly learned from that,' said Di Matteo.
'With good performances and good behaviour he should still be looked upon as the leader for our club.

RDM is a bit dim. Shame.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wilbury, how can you not mention Melo in Fry's story! I was waiting for the inevitable plot twist!
Milan will win this one. In CL they are anti-jinxed, the opposite of us. We'll probably lose tonight, thus ending our CL campagin.

A-Finish 2nd in the league + semi-final/final in the CL.

OR

B-Win the league and possibly Coppa Italia (this curse has to end surely) + crash out in Europe early.

C is just not possible.

Wilbur

Banned
So what do we think of the prospect of black players forming a union to try and pursue anti racism separate from the PFA?

I don't think it's necessarily a good idea, it just invites more segregation. What I do think they players that didn't wear t-shirts should have done is work with the FA, maybe become part of a task force that isn't separate from the governing body.

Wilbury, how can you not mention Melo in Fry's story! I was waiting for the inevitable plot twist!

I was young and foolish!

Arnie

If we're talking about moral victories, we won the 08/09 season by default because we had Xabi Alonso.

I hate transfer gossip. The Star write some bullshit about Huntelaar, Guardian includes it in their gossip roundup, and suddenly I'm excited, over absolutely nothing. No chance, we'll buy Bent.

/pessimism

If we're talking about moral victories, we won the 08/09 season by default because we had Xabi Alonso.

I hate transfer gossip. The Star write some bullshit about Huntelaar, Guardian includes it in their gossip roundup, and suddenly I'm excited, over absolutely nothing. No chance, we'll buy Bent.

/pessimism

Oh fuck me the transfer window is just around the corner isn't it :(

Too soon.

Lol, have you guys seen the 4G prices unveiled earlier today in the UK? £36 for 500MB of data. That isn't including your actual voice/text plan. It's the best laugh I've had all month

You won't be saying that when Debuchy and Cabaye are rejoicing in a warm embrace.

Cabaye's a cunt

You're going Falcao and selling us Dzeko. I've seen it in a cup-a-soup.

He's got a bit of a dirty streak, but scoring against the Mackems instantly gives him a space in my heart for ever. Even Albert Luque is in there. He's bloody gorgeous too.

I can cope with the transfer window, I just can't cope with Kyoufu's depression when it comes :lol

Clegg

I don't get as muppety for the January transfer window.

United haven't signed any worthwhile players in January since Vidic and Evra 2006.

Clegg

A minute late, too.

Still bossed most midfields as a 32 year old with a dodgy hip.

He was greatness personified.

Dragged United into the CL final and Ireland into the World Cup.

Of course he was suspended for the final and fucked off from Japan before the WC even started.

Top Bottom