• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Wilbur

Banned
Roy Keane was a fucking prick.

Inarguably. Cunt of the highest order.

But every team needs one like him. Suarez and Terry will do anything to win, and its a great quality to have. I don't really think United have one at the moment.

Err.. Frank Lampard is quite obviously the best midfielder the PL has ever seen.

Best goal scoring midfielder, ja. Scholes, Vieira and Keane are definitely better, probably Gerrard too.

Clegg

United wouldn't have won as much as they did if it weren't for Keane.

You just know that SAF would kill to have a player of his quality at United right now.

Clegg

I have no respect for the fucking pos after his tackle to Håland.

You do know that Haland laughed in his face when Keane snapped his own cruciate ligament, right?

I'm not justifying Keanes actions as they were appalling. I'm just saying that I can kind of understand why he did it.

Clegg

Shinji is unhappy at his form for United. In a way this is a good thing as he knows he must improve. Two goal and two assists isn't a bad start though.
"To be honest, I don't believe I have yet cemented my place [in the team].

"There is not one game that I can be satisfied with the way I played over the 90 minutes. I still feel I need more time to adapt.

"It is fate for any player that plays for a big club and I am trying to draw on the positives."

The 23-year-old has reportedly been put on a special fitness routine to increase his strength by United’s backroom staff
, but Kagawa has pointed out the need to improve his English and, thusly, his communication with his fellow teammates.

"I need to communicate better so I can get my timing right when asking for the ball and things like that," he added.

"But more importantly I need to push and show my strengths. You gain trust when you deliver results."
Slightly concerned about this. He's such a good played because he's quick and agile. I'd hate to see him lose that in an attempt to bulk up.

Messi

image.php

I've ignored your infatuation with Wilde...But that picture of her in your avatar is absolutely enchanting..I'm guessing I have to watch Tron now?

I am pretty damn happy with this avatar.

I think she looks stunning in Tron. Plus she is the best thing about that shitty movie.

Wilbur

Banned
Vieira was technically better (although Keane was underrated in that regard), but they would have made a hell of a CM pairing.

operon

Still bossed most midfields as a 32 year old with a dodgy hip.

He was greatness personified.

Dragged United into the CL final and Ireland into the World Cup.

Of course he was suspended for the final and fucked off from Japan before the WC even started.

Haven't forgiven him for that still, we had a real chance that year

Wilbur

Banned
The actual race scenes in Speed Racer are entertaining enough. Every other second of it is god awful.

Haven't seen Tron, looked shit.

Shinji is unhappy at his form for United. In a way this is a good thing as he knows he must improve. Two goal and two assists isn't a bad start though.

Slightly concerned about this. He's such a good played because he's quick and agile. I'd hate to see him lose that in an attempt to bulk up.

Fucking United being obsessed with bulking up. I blame Phelan. Doesn't make sense, but I do.

bud

"how did you come to me? in what shape, what disguise?"

(malick is the greatest of film-makers. he's my favorite, anyway.)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
XI according to SKY: Buffon. Lucio. Bonucci. Chiellini. Isla. Vidal. Pirlo. Marchisio. DeCeglie. Giovinco. Matri.

Dear god.. Bonucci, Lucio AND Ashton Kutcher. Mues, go ahead and bet on Juve conceding.

I think she looks stunning in Tron. Plus she is the best thing about that shitty movie.
Daft-Punk-Tron-2.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Jesus, the trend eerily limps on.

Shit films look really, really good.

Didn't know Huntelaar and Holtby's contracts run out in the summer.

http://i.imgur.com/jcWlg.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

The Assassination Of Jesse James looks incredible. It is also incredible. BUCK THE TREND MOTHERFUCKER.

You think Schalke would have tried to tie them up by now. Huntelaar would be a good pick for Juve/Liverpool for sure.

[quote="KidA Seven, post: 43506833"]Fucking United being obsessed with bulking up. I blame Phelan. Doesn't make sense, but I do.[/QUOTE]

I blame mass genocides in the East on Phelan. Can't believe I actively want Queiroz to return, I always thought he was a bit of a turkey. Then he left and I weeped.

Clegg

Jesus, the trend eerily limps on.

Shit films look really, really good.

Didn't know Huntelaar and Holtby's contracts run out in the summer.

jcWlg.gif

Did you read what Holtby said about Huntelaar?

I knew the Dutch know the holes in their cheese," says Holtby. "But Klaas finds holes in every opposition defence. I think you could behead Klaas and he'd still score goals.

Arnie

Fucking United being obsessed with bulking up. I blame Phelan. Doesn't make sense, but I do.

I don't know who I'd rather shoulder barge on a windy Sunday: Shinji or Oscar.

Oh god, forgot it was Champions League tonight, whacking a monster accumulator on.

Zabojnik

According to Sky Italia: Isla on the right, De Ceglie on the left. Vidal starting. Lucio takes Barzagli's place. Buffon is back. Vucinic benched, he's still recovering from the flu. Matri in (with Giovinco, I presume).

I have a bad feeling about this ... Pogba deserved to start, given Vidal's poor form.

Roy Keane is the greatest Manchester United captain ever.

He made men out of Ronaldo and Rooney. Ill never forget the way he made Vieira shit his pants in the Highbury tunnel and patrolled the game whilst Rooney and Ronaldo ran riot.

Only one Keano.

bud

i'm not sure why you're mentioning giroud; i've said multiple times he's shit.

just because i'm an arsenal fan doesn't mean i'm delusional, like liverpool fans are.

Arnie

i'm not sure why you're mentioning giroud; i've said multiple times he's shit.

just because i'm an arsenal fan doesn't mean i'm delusional, like liverpool fans are.

I was actually being facetious, I think Giroud's an alright footballer who will eventually adapt to the league. But then again, I'm delusional.

Wilbur

Banned
Roy Keane is the greatest Manchester United captain ever.

He made men out of Ronaldo and Rooney. Ill never forget the way he made Vieira shit his pants in the Highbury tunnel and patrolled the game whilst Rooney and Ronaldo ran riot.

Only one Keano.

Agreed. A god among mere men in our dark hours. I think 1997/98 was the first season I actively took notice of United, so I was fortunate enough to have watched the 3-2 against Juventus. Gives me shivers when I see reruns of it.

Fuck, might just order that off Amazon, still haven't seen it.

It's a masterpiece. If you liked Tinker Tailor's elegiac, paced, measured style of storytelling, you like when Brad Pitt turns up and puts in a performance, if you like Casey Affleck, if you like Nick Cave, if you like Westerns, if you like fucking splendid fucking movies, you'll love it.

Kyoufu

If you don't think The Matrix Revolutions is a bad film then you need to excommunicate yourself from life.

Matrix Revolutions is pretty bad I agree, but I don't really count that as anything other than a Matrix cash-in.

V for Vendetta and Speed Racer were sublime <3

Lol, have you guys seen the 4G prices unveiled earlier today in the UK? £36 for 500MB of data. That isn't including your actual voice/text plan. It's the best laugh I've had all month

That is ridiculous. I wonder how long that would last at the maximum download speed. I'm guessing that's something they won't advertise.

5 MINUTES OF INTERNET FOR £36 A MONTH!

Top Bottom