• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Wilbur

Banned
Matrix Revolutions is pretty bad I agree, but I don't really count that as anything other than a Matrix cash-in.

V for Vendetta and Speed Racer were sublime <3

V For Vendetta was an adequate adaptation of a far better source material. Speed Racer was a gorgeous film that overcompensated on that to cover awful storytelling and characterisation.

Arnie

It's a masterpiece. If you liked Tinker Tailor's elegiac, paced, measured style of storytelling, you like when Brad Pitt turns up and puts in a performance, if you like Casey Affleck, if you like Nick Cave, if you like Westerns, if you like fucking splendid fucking movies, you'll love it.

I'll grab a pukka pie and take off my pants, shall I.

Clegg

Agreed. A god among mere men in our dark hours. I think 1997/98 was the first season I actively took notice of United, so I was fortunate enough to have watched the 3-2 against Juventus. Gives me shivers when I see reruns of it.
98/99

The 97/98 season was when Keane tore his cruciate ligament. The fact that he became an even greater player after that injury proves how great he actually was.

Wilbur

Banned
98/99

The 97/98 season was when Keane tore his cruciate ligament. The fact that he became an even greater player after that injury proves how great he actually was.

Oh yeah, I know! Just saying I was old enough to see that season, as opposed to latching on halfway through the Treble season :lol

don't wanna be more of a glory hunter than I already am innit

I'm not arguing with Manure fans. Fuck this.

Patrice-Evra_298736k.jpg

98/99

Brownie points for telling Daglish to do one, too.

Meus - pretty sure the £36 includes unlimited calls and texts

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
According to Sky Italia: Isla on the right, De Ceglie on the left. Vidal starting. Lucio takes Barzagli's place. Buffon is back. Vucinic benched, he's still recovering from the flu. Matri in (with Giovinco, I presume).

I have a bad feeling about this ... Pogba deserved to start, given Vidal's poor form.

Isla better fucking turn up, he was playing it too safe for my liking last time he stepped on the pitch.

I don't understand why we wasted a ticket on Matri.

That'd be amazing.

Can't wait for the Hillsborough leg, I'm going to sack off the filming duties and do a Danny Murphy player cam.

Just focus the camera on the edge of the centre circle in the rovers half and you won't have to move it much

By the way the Ewood circus continues today, self elected fan leader Glen Mullan has been quoted in the independent that fans will meltdown and boycott if certain people are appointed

Apparently this has made Shebby change his mind, what a load of bollocks

Wilbur

Banned
I got it on blu-ray recently. I think masterpiece is putting it a bit strong. I would say large parts are very slow as opposed to paced and measured.

I appreciate that its not for everyone, but it takes its time telling a story and lets its characters do the work as opposed to the script serving them. Can't get enough of dat Bob and Jesse dinner scenes

There Will Be Blood just edges it for me, just.

And just behind Jesse James is this. 2007 was a fucking great year; those two, No Country, Zodiac, Ratatouille, Diving Bell & The Butterfly...

I appreciate that its not for everyone, but it takes its time telling a story and lets its characters do the work as opposed to the script serving them. Can't get enough of dat Bob and Jesse dinner scenes.

You certainly have a lot of ways of saying slow! I have no problem with the length, I just don't see the pacing as a major positive. There's so much downtime. Just a little too much sitting around with people talking and not much happening. I appreciate it would a very different film if that were otherwise. But it certainly requires a lot of investment from the viewer. I think you get out what you put in to these sort of films, and you probably benefited a lot more than I did from that.

That's just how I see it anyway.

Arnie

Just watching Episode 5 of Being Liverpool because I missed it on Friday, there's some great scenes. The one where Rodgers takes Jonjo aside for a private chat, and the one where he bets Reina £20 that he can't hit the crossbar, which he does.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You certainly have a lot of ways of saying slow! I have no problem with the length, I just don't see the pacing as a major positive. There's so much downtime. Just a little too much sitting around with people talking and not much happening. I appreciate it would a very different film if that were otherwise. But it certainly requires a lot of investment from the viewer. I think you get out what you put in to these sort of films, and you probably benefited a lot more than I did from that.

That's just how I see it anyway.

I was about to shoot Jesse myself to end the fucking movie.

I liked it, but it was two hours too long. (even the title was unnecessarily long)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay so I was obviously exaggerating :p

It was rather slow though.

You didn't like Looper.

I dunno Arnie, I've seen better sci-fi movies. The whole concept is good, but it's filled with plot holes, it was hard to enjoy it.

I can't get over the baby section. It ruined the whole movie.

GorillaJu

I haven't seen Looper yet but if that's your complaint, Yurt, hopefully I'll still enjoy it. I don't mind loopholes in movies to be perfectly honest. I feel like fictional stories can always be broken down to find glaring inconsistencies, but so long as they're not big enough to make the story completely implausible, I've got no real problem with them.

Clegg

I've had a weird day. Woke up for a class at 9 and was about to get in the shower when I remembered the class wasn't until 6 this evening as we were watching a documentary on Zapatista.

No I've just gotten an e-mail saying that the class has been cancelled due to "health reasons". No lectures today now.

Think I'll play FM and try to sign Alaba.

Prometheus is the new high bar for plot holes and inconstancies, so always compare and contrast any film you ever see with that.

Looper is about a 4 on the Prometheus scale. Not too bad.

yella

After reading the thread last night, I sent an invite to the football group on Facebook.

I hope this gets me to talk more in this thread lol

Top Bottom