• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sky stat: Arsenal have had the fewest shots on target of any team in this seasons CL.

Arjen

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
Been a while since i've been this happy afyer and during a footbal match.

dc89

Mancini in his press conference about City's poor defending.

"The second goal was my fault, I didn't tell Lescott to jump."

Trollcini

That's all we have too (3-0 vs Sunderland). :( I have no fucking clue what's happened.. Kompany has looked positively average at best. Signed a big fat contract and turned to shit.

Russian season started a month earlier though. Your defensive incompetence is slightly less embarrassing.

Arnie

These two players have been getting way too much credit recently. It's not to their credit that United and City only have one player of their type in their squads.
How many controllers do top teams need? Sahin never played at Madrid, because Alonso's all they needed. In a 4-2-3-1 there's only really room for one, if you factor in a defensive player alongside them.

I personally believe those two players are often scapegoats because the rest of the team isn't performing.

Wtf, I just saw Real's bus accompanied by 2 police bikes and a car in the front + 2 bikes in the back! They stopped at a red light and people kept flipping them off. I think I saw Pepe's monkey face gleaming out of the window, lol

And this is where I cursed him. You can all thank me now, my fellow Dortmund fans :D

SCHMELZER was straight up G! Offensively and defensively; Klopp can squeeze the last bit of skill out of him. Who's a better German LB? Bitches please, he is our god and savior for LB.
Kehl was huge most of the time, goddamn - didn't believe the old man still had it in him after the horrid past few games.
Großkreutz was finally in form with playing great passes and fighting every second of the game. I love him when he plays like his life depended on the result.
And everyone else was good too, actually.

Real wasn't bad at all and always dangerous - as expected. The game could have went either way and I'm happy we didn't concede in the last seconds like vs. City, but had Real equalized or even won then you wouldn't hear a beep from me..

Congrats Ajax fans, I told you fuckers we can make it out of the group together! Never lose hope :)

Sorry Arse fans for losing vs. Schalkeh this past weekend and giving them a an extra confidence boost :|

Congrats Olympiakos fans, some still hate us for losing our final game vs. Marseille (or so I heard) so they couldn't advance and had to do EL. Now you can still make it out of the group, you malakas :D

Trollcini
:lol

That's class, but maybe a bit ill advised. Harsh to hang his player out to dry like that on a night when he got stuff wrong himself.

How many controllers do top teams need? Sahin never played at Madrid, because Alonso's all they needed. In a 4-2-3-1 there's only really room for one, if you factor in a defensive player alongside them.

I personally believe those two players are often scapegoats because the rest of the team isn't performing.

Sahin is different. He didn't play because Mourinho didn't trust him.

JesusTom

It was such a mistake to start Gervinho over Giroud tonight and Santos needs to be taken round the back of the Emirates and shot.

That should be an incentive to any left-back Arsenal pursue. Offer them a weekly wage, a signing on fee, and the chance to put down Santos.

Well it can't be easy for him at Zenit where other players are protesting against him and are being childish cunts. Hard to judge him on his time there, he was fantastic at Porto.

Nobody currently on the team is protesting anything. Denisov is refusing to play until they bump his wages so he's been sent to the reserves. But he's always been a cunt. And since arriving at Zenit, Hulk has been doing his best Nani impersonation, either great or total shit(like today). But he's definitely overrated.

Nobody currently on the team is protesting anything. Denisov is refusing to play until they bump his wages so he's been sent to the reserves.

So you got your Russian Captain in the reserves because of Hulk, surely that can't be good for the team chemistry with him and the rest of the squad?

Soi-Fong

Just saw the result for Man City v Ajax game... Such a glorious score!!! Ecstatic right now being a United fan and all!! And good job to Dortmund!!!!

2DM91.jpg

:D

Moobabe

Trollcini

Did Lescott tell him to go 3 at the back as well? Or to be outplayed by a side worth less than what Toure earns in a year? Mancini is so inept - lucky he's blessed with some wonderful players.

Soi-Fong

Thanks mate although I think that feeding ancestral rivalry is not exactly classy, nor a must.

Uh.. I'm a United fan so it's kinda natural to be happy about a rival losing especially a CL game. City fans would feel the same and pretty sure they were happy as heck when we were eliminated last year.

Arnie

Sahin is different. He didn't play because Mourinho didn't trust him.
But 90% of midfielders would look a liability when contrasted with Alonso. Ferguson always talks about why he struggles to find a new centre midfielder, and he's said himself it's partly because there aren't always those players like Carrick available. They go unnoticed, they don't demand glory, but they're crucial.

Barry's of a similar mould, for me, he keeps the game ticking and he doesn't deserve the stick. I don't see JM7 as such a crucial cog, though, especially given the position he plays. That doesn't mean he can't make a positive impact, and it doesn't mean he deserves consistent stick, I just think City can an should be doing a lot better.

Salvadora

That should be an incentive to any left-back Arsenal pursue. Offer them a weekly wage, a signing on fee, and the chance to put down Santos.

Gibbs is a world away from Santos. How can he be so shit? It boggles my mind he even plays in the position. He isn't even good going forward either, just enthusiastic about it & makes sure he goes at every opportunity whilst neglecting to do any fucking defending!

So you got your Russian Captain in the reserves because of Hulk, surely that can't be good for the team chemistry with him and the rest of the squad?

Actually it wasn't as much about Hulk as Witsel. Denisov complained about Witsel making more than him but then the Zenit president came out and said that Denisov is actually earning significantly more than Witsel, lol. Denisov is just too big of a cunt to own up and apologize. Obviously the team is a mess right now, though.

Clegg

I thought Alonso had a poor game this evening.

Also made some dirty tackles when Madrid were struggling.

Pepe was awful and Modric really didn't do much either.

Meier

Apparently the CONCACAF Champions League is also happening right now. Some Costa Rican team knocked out Real Salt Lake who finished as the runner-up two years ago. The other 3 American teams are through the Group Stage. Toronto FC plays Santos Laguna tonight to determine who goes through in that group.

JesusTom

Gibbs is a world away from Santos. How can he be so shit? It boggles my mind he even plays in the position. He isn't even good going forward either, just enthusiastic about it & makes sure he goes at every opportunity whilst neglecting to do any fucking defending!

Was Santos not scouted pre-hand? I don't think I've seen him play well once.

Top Bottom