• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

What is Nattou?
It looks delicious
nattou.jpg

Fermented soybeans

How so? Lots of gaffers tried and hated it?

I'm a big nattou fan. It costs ¥30 per serving and goes with lots of different Japanese foods, but it tastes bland without some kind of kick to it. I use Japanese mustard (it's hot, like wasabi). Delicious.

Most people are turned off by the texture and smell.
Somebody mentioned it in some thread, probably about weird/odd foods, and of course posted pictures which don't look really appetising.

I would love to visit Asia sometime in the future, solely for the food. I have a thing for weird food so Japan in particular seems nice.

GorillaJu

I like the sticky rice you get at Wagamamas, that shit is TIGHT

Haha. All Japanese rice is sticky. That's the only rice they grow here. Japanese rice is incredibly good tasting but it's very expensive (protectionist tariffs keep prices high for the sake of Japanese farmers).

Wagamama is what? I mean I know the meaning of that word but is it a restaurant, grocery store, etc?

Wilbur

Banned
Haha. All Japanese rice is sticky. That's the only rice they grow here. Japanese rice is incredibly good tasting but it's very expensive (protectionist tariffs keep prices high for the sake of Japanese farmers).

Wagamama is what? I mean I know the meaning of that word but is it a restaurant, grocery store, etc?

Japanese restaurant = http://www.wagamama.com/our-menu

I normally get chilli beef ramen, turns my dick to rock

Sloosha

I went to Wagamamas once once during my first week of Uni. Never went again after that.

Kimchi fried rice is the food of the future.

GorillaJu

Somebody mentioned it in some thread, probably about weird/odd foods, and of course posted pictures which don't look really appetising.

I would love to visit Asia sometime in the future, solely for the food. I have a thing for weird food so Japan in particular seems nice.

Nice. There is certainly a variety here. I'm struggling to think of several weird foods but if nattou is weird to you, then there are definitely lots of interesting things to eat.

Monja (chopped veggies and meat with a soupy batter that you eat with miniature spatulas)
061210_monjya02.jpg

Takosen (crackers made from octopus with a fried octopus ball in the middle)
320x320_1199786.jpg

Ikayaki (grilled whole squid)
b9041780_p.jpg

I'm sure there are others that just aren't coming to me right now (or I don't think are weird)

Messi

I just learned that Scorcho passed. That makes me feel incredibly shitty, he seemed like a really nice dude. His last post made me tear up. :(

RIP Scorcho

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, it's fucking terrifying. Cancer is just... I'm so scared of it. For me, for my family. My friend had leukemia but she went into remission a few weeks ago. My parents are in Ireland right now for my cousin's funeral, she had a long long battle with cancer at 29.

I didnt know her that well to be honest, but likelihood is its going to hit someone I really do care about eventually. It's fucking horrendous. Rest in peace to Scorcho.

rodvik

I just learned that Scorcho passed. That makes me feel incredibly shitty, he seemed like a really nice dude. His last post made me tear up. :(

RIP Scorcho

Terrible. Just awful.

RIP Scorcho

Yeah, fucking cancer man, its a cruel curse.

Yeah, it's fucking terrifying. Cancer is just... I'm so scared of it. For me, for my family. My friend had leukemia but she went into remission a few weeks ago. My parents are in Ireland right now for my cousin's funeral, she had a long long battle with cancer at 29.

I didnt know her that well to be honest, but likelihood is its going to hit someone I really do care about eventually. It's fucking horrendous. Rest in peace to Scorcho.

It got my mom. Its a fucking horrible way to die.

Nice. There is certainly a variety here. I'm struggling to think of several weird foods but if nattou is weird to you, then there are definitely lots of interesting things to eat.

Monja (chopped veggies and meat with a soupy batter that you eat with miniature spatulas)
061210_monjya02.jpg

Takosen (crackers made from octopus with a fried octopus ball in the middle)
320x320_1199786.jpg

Ikayaki (grilled whole squid)
b9041780_p.jpg

I'm sure there are others that just aren't coming to me right now (or I don't think are weird)
When I think of weird Asian food the scene from Oldboy where he eats a whole raw Squid immediately comes to mind. All three of those look really appetizing to me. I've actually had Ikayaki, or whatever cheap knock off variation we have here, before and I really liked it. Grilled whole squid on a stick with a sweet sauce. I've always been open to weird foods and I've said many years ago that I want to try out everything. I've been dubbed garbage bin because of that.

And I love seafood so that's even moreso a reason to visit Japan once.

Real talk: I am terrified of old age. Fuck that shit.

RIP Scorcho
He was way too young, only 28. Cancer is a fucking horrible disease. I'll be sporting his avatar for a week to honour him. RIP

In more positive news, a gaffer had a baby today. Circle of life.

FootballFan

RIP Scorcho

Yeah truly sad. He was one of us, a neogaf member who loved gaming. To think he was there at the WTC during the 9/11 attacks, to survive that only to have cancer take his life away.

It's comforting to read how well he was taking it, like a champ. R.I.P

Messi

His last post is really upsetting me. It reads like someone who has come to terms with their own mortality and that kind of freaks me out. Someone that young should never have to become ok with the idea that there time is up. Him saying that he knows that when he gets a taxi or ambulance to the hospital that he will never see his home again made me cry.

I fucking hate cancer.

His last post is really upsetting me. It reads like someone who has come to terms with their own mortality and that kind of freaks me out. Someone that young should never have to become ok with the idea that there time is up. Him saying that he knows that when he gets a taxi or ambulance to the hospital that he will never see his home again made me cry.

I fucking hate cancer.

That's good though right? I mean, it probably means he spent his last few weeks with the people he loved most because he realised it's the most important thing. It's comforting to me that someone as young as that can come to terms with that stuff, I'd rather that than reading he had some sort of mental breakdown that rendered his last week weeks utterly horrible.

TrueBlue

Jeez. I didn't even know who the guy was, but man...tragic. Hate cancer. The reactions in that thread and this one kinda say it all.

Messi

That's good though right? I mean, it probably means he spent his last few weeks with the people he loved most because he realised it's the most important thing. It's comforting to me that someone as young as that can come to terms with that stuff, I'd rather that than reading he had some sort of mental breakdown that rendered his last week weeks utterly horrible.

Yeah well that is true. But it just upsets me that it happened like that. I seen the thread a while back and to be honest, i felt like he was going to be fine. I don't know why. it really hit me hard when I seen the thread title change.

Yeah well that is true. But it just upsets me that it happened like that. I seen the thread a while back and to be honest, i felt like he was going to be fine. I don't know why. it really hit me hard when I seen the thread title change.

Fair enough, I followed the thread for a little while so it wasn't much of a surprise.

I'm just glad he isn't suffering any more.

I saw one of RIP scorcho avatars and it hit me like a bomb. Cancer is a terrible disease but at least we can get some comfort out of the fact that he spent his last moments with the people he loved around him. It meant a lot to me to say my grandma goodbye on the night she passed away after finally losing the battle against cancer she had been fighting for years. "Dying does not hurt." She told my father who was there with her, watching how she she fell asleep to never wake up again.

I too thought that scorcho would be okay... :(

I don't think there's anyone on gaf who's life hasn't been affected by cancer in one way or the other.

FootballFan

New page for the superior 50ppp people.

lol Eto'o:

There is no conflict between two stars. Because I am one of the best players in the world, and Song is not even among the best players in Cameroon.

Dat Malaga. 9 points, 3 wins, 0 goals against, 7 goals for.

Damn Eto lol

I don't think there's anyone on gaf who's life hasn't been affected by cancer in one way or the other.

Actually haven't yet. It's all about heart failures in my family.

Sad thread that is and as Messi it felt weird seeing him coming to terms with his own mortality, he seemed like a cool guy and it's hard to imagine being in his position, knowing you are about to die in the coming months. Hope GAF won't go too far without family acceptance, that request for a memorial page on his facebook already seems pretty weird when it seemed like he enjoyed having GAF and his real life separated.

FootballFan

Pellegrini next member of anti-anti-footballGAF? :

Milan played with eight defensive players, big players against our small players. The way we played is the way I prefer to win.

I watched the game, don't know what he is talking about. Malaga dominated and played well but I didn't see Milan being physical and playing defensive.

Wilbur

Banned
Damn Eto lol

Actually haven't yet. It's all about heart failures in my family.

Sad thread that is and as Messi it felt weird seeing him coming to terms with his own mortality, he seemed like a cool guy and it's hard to imagine being in his position, knowing you are about to die in the coming months. Hope GAF won't go too far without family acceptance, that request for a memorial page on his facebook already seems pretty weird when it seemed like he enjoyed having GAF and his real life separated.

My dad's dad died of lung cancer, but that's heavy heavy smoking and I was young enough I don't remember it, and the cousin who died on Sunday (but like I say didn't really know her too). Last three years though, all three of my mum's brothers have had heart attacks and she's got a rare heart disease.

Bodies suck, they really do.

FootballFan

Congrats. It was well deserved. I knew Borussia would find their feet in this CL's edition. I thought the same about City, though.

Yep, I too thought City and Mancini would learn from their display last season and use that experience to help them get through here.

Porto, Man United, Barca and Malaga are the teams with 3 out of 3 wins.

Fry

It was painful reading about Scorcho today. I don't even like talking about it to be honest.

Goddamn this disease.

Top Bottom