• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

skitch.png

MPW

Yep, I too thought City and Mancini would learn from their display last season and use that experience to help them get through here.

Porto, Man United, Barca and Malaga are the teams with 3 out of 3 wins.

lol come on now

we all know Mancini sucks in CL

GorillaJu

I think I may have the weirdest fetish ever. I don't know why but I get turned on when I'm using super formal Japanese and talking to women, like my Japanese teacher. It's so weird – if I speak normally there's no issue but when I use polite language it's boner city. I can't figure out why. Maybe its just a weird physical response to the satisfaction I get from having become good at the language.

Maybe because in English if you kiss someone's ass it's self degradation but if you do it in Japanese it's proper and admirable. Like being able to do this without feeling like a pile of shit or a phony is some kind of guilty pleasure.

No idea but its weird. Lol

Meier

Huh, Jackson has 18 goals in 25 games for me in my first season at Porto.. but he's only a 3* in FM. Well, he's off to a good start!

Meier

Hes underrated

Ppl haré Colombia

I think it's mostly because he was only in the Mexican league before.. those players are criminally overlooked for the most part.

Dzagoev has 6 goals in 13 for me after the midseason transfer thanks to signing him on a free.

FootballFan

John Terry to join Valencia?

It actually seems real too.

Fifa agent Francois Gallardo:

"Valencia are negotiating, and I am involved in person, with the signing in the winter transfer market.

The offer is on his table. The player is out of contract in June and will not renew there for several reasons at Chelsea and he wants to come to Spain.

Terry has problems, they are insulting him and he is not taking it anymore. He asked to leave, not us.

It's real. This has been going on for 15 days and two meetings have already took place. The deal is already on his table - a year and a half plus one. I think he will accept."

Meier

I thought these goals were pretty cool:

http://i.minus.com/iFatHysq3EN5V.gif[IMG]
(wtf at Kompany?)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting some (sigh) of these. Vinnie has turned into a fucking matador, I swear.. gotta dodge those shots! I get being weary of a handball at times but come on, man!

Meier

John Terry to join Valencia?

It actually seems real too.
Interesting although I wonder how Valencia can afford him? He's on huge wages..

"Valencia are negotiating, and I am involved in person, with the signing in the winter transfer market," Gallardo told Radio Intereconomia.

"The offer is on his table. The player is out of contract in June and will not renew there for several reasons at Chelsea and he wants to come to Spain."

The deal is reportedly for 18 months with an option to extend for a further year. Terry, 31, is in his 15th season with Chelsea, but Gallardo says the recent controversy has forced the defender to prefer to play out his career abroad.

"Terry has problems," said Gallardo. "They are insulting him and he is not taking it anymore. He asked to leave, not us.

"It's real. This has been going on for 15 days and two meetings have already took place. The deal is already on his table - a year and a half plus one. I think he will accept."

FootballFan

Interesting although I wonder how Valencia can afford him? He's on huge wages..

He is tired of the hate and wrongful claims, earning half as much will be enough for lion heart John Captain Terry :'(

I am just guessing here lol. Rami - Terry as CBs is pretty good.

qindarka

Banned
As far as I know, Terry's contract is until 2014, not June next year.

Would also need to buy another CB to replace him if thats the case and I don't know what good ones are on the market in January. Really don't think it will happen.

qindarka

Banned
You would be fine with him leaving too right? He is unreliable now I don't think we should keep him on. As long as we found a suitable replacement.

I'm cool with Cahill and Luiz being our starters but was hoping Terry would stick around lon enough so that we wouldn't need to buy anyone and could instead promote some of our youngsters. Of course, that would be risky and the current ones out on loan probably aren't ready to be playing regularly for us.

Same thing with Lampard. Really hoping that Chalobah and McEachran, not to mention De Bruyne, will be able to fill his place without additional spending. We are short on Cm's at the moment which is good for them.

I'm cool with Cahill and Luiz being our starters but was hoping Terry would stick around lon enough so that we wouldn't need to buy anyone and could instead promote some of our youngsters. Of course, that would be risky and the current ones out on loan probably aren't ready to be playing regularly for us.

I don't like Luiz as a defender. I think he would make a great Midfielder. Also Nathaniel Chalobah does look quite good. I think he would be a good replacement.

Sloosha

Hasn't Chalobah been impressing at Watford? De Bruyne seems to be doing great as well. Hopefully some of these talented youngsters can make it at Chelsea.

De Bruyne is the only one I fear will never make a Chelsea appearance. With Oscar/Hazard/Mata/Moses/Sturridge/Ramires he must be ahead of him and only Sturridge is on his way out.

You forgot Marin. :(

I knew I forgot someone! I also really like the look of Marin! I hope he turns good!

I've heard that De Bruyne has been playing deeper so he could have a chance in the midfield two where we are rather short after letting Meireles and Essien go.

That sounds fantastic! That would be great if he can replace Lampard as our defensive Midfielder who can still attack. Him/Ramires/Mikel would be a good CDM to rotate.

Top Bottom