• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Clegg

Another point on last night:

Coquelin looks like he'll be a decent player for them.

Arsenal are in danger of turning into a one man team again. Stop Cazorla and you stop Arsenal. They'll be helped by the return of Wilshere as he'll attract more attention from defenders so they won't exclusively focus on Cazorla.

Mumei

I want to kiss mumei so bad

lulz south america

I see my Footie-GAF life is back to normal.

I was very happy to see that Barca - Celtic recorded. When you guys were talking about it before, I went to see if it was on, and unfortunately it was on a channel that was unavailable to me. But then I looked today and it aired on another channel where it recorded. I've only seen the first half, though; going to bed and I'll finish tomorrow.

Linius

It will be a little less disastrous (for the uefa ranking) if Ajax manages 3rd place again.

Yeah, that would be awesome. But to do that we have to win in Manchester again. I don't see City win against Dortmund and Madrid, so we should be fine with one extra win.

confuziz

Banned
Yeah, that would be awesome. But to do that we have to win in Manchester again. I don't see City win against Dortmund and Madrid, so we should be fine with one extra win.

I think a draw there is enough really. And if city plays like they did yesterday, you got a good chance

Wilbur

Banned
Another point on last night:

Coquelin looks like he'll be a decent player for them.

Arsenal are in danger of turning into a one man team again. Stop Cazorla and you stop Arsenal. They'll be helped by the return of Wilshere as he'll attract more attention from defenders so they won't exclusively focus on Cazorla.

I think Arteta is more important, Oscar did a fantastic job of staying near him at all times a few weeks ago. Didn't let him settle, hassled him, made sure there was an extra body in midfield. Wilshere will, like you say, help them both.

elseanio

Going to London today for Comic con. Will be there for the Liverpool game tonight and the Derby on Sunday :( hopefully my hotel will have it on, or I find a decent pub (by the ExCeL centre)

FootballFan

I'm here. Me and my 9 points.

Hey man how are your 9 points? Mine are fine. We should go visit Malaga and Porto, see how their 9 points are going.
(wtf am I talking about lol)

I was very happy to see that Barca - Celtic recorded. When you guys were talking about it before, I went to see if it was on, and unfortunately it was on a channel that was unavailable to me. But then I looked today and it aired on another channel where it recorded. I've only seen the first half, though; going to bed and I'll finish tomorrow.

Becareful man! So much controversy in that match, almost exploded footballGAF! :lol :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Hey man how are your 9 points? Mine are fine. We should go visit Malaga and Porto, see how their 9 points are going.
(wtf am I talking about lol)

Becareful man! So much controversy in that match, almost exploded footballGAF! :lol :lol

I like the cut of your jib. We'll see you in the semis.

Porto fans, we'll see you in the final.

Clegg

I think Arteta is more important, Oscar did a fantastic job of staying near him at all times a few weeks ago. Didn't let him settle, hassled him, made sure there was an extra body in midfield. Wilshere will, like you say, help them both.

Arteta holds the midfield together (barely) but Cazorla is their go to man for creativity up front. They don't look like scoring when he's not influencing the game.

It's turning into another RVP situation imo.

FootballFan

I don't see Bayern in there.

c1be8b74.gif

lol Schweinsteiger-Obsession at the bottom of that gif. :S

Good GIF for times when there is a really weird discussion going on, *cough* Yurt and Salvadora *cough*

Wilbur

Banned
Arteta holds the midfield together (barely) but Cazorla is their go to man for creativity up front. They don't look like scoring when he's not influencing the game.

Well I also think there's a huge problem with the fact Wenger's inexplicably decided that a striker bedding into the league that doesn't have the mobility he likes and a winger who can't hit a pair of tits with a cumshot are his first choice strikers. Podolski and Walcott should get far more of a chance up top.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alright you cunts, we're not dead yet. Drawentus will rise in Turin, never forget. (Group B)

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w454/Enx1231/FC%20Bayern%20Munich/c1be8b74.gif[IMG]

lol Schweinsteiger-Obsession at the bottom of that gif. :S

Good GIF for times when there is a really weird discussion going on, *cough* Yurt and Salvadora *cough*[/QUOTE]

It was one sided, you guys enjoyed it a tad too much.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

I think it's even worse because their best player is no longer a finisher but a provider. You can play all the key passes you like, when you've got people like Giroud and Gervinho on the end of them you are going to miss most of them. I honestly think Arsenal's striking options are the worst of the top 7 from last season.

While agent talk is almost always bollocks, I could see Terry leaving in January. He is no longer a top class defender and his presence is an embarrassment to his club. They'd be better off without him.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Lol :x

FootballFan

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
0Z93J.jpg

That's pretty cool.

Haha honestly, I don't even know what you guys were talking about.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll129/gloria_m_photos/gif/alethanksgif.gif[IMG]

Okay no more GIFs but I had to for Del Piero.[/QUOTE]

I don't either. It was either a comprehension fail on his part, or my English is poorer than I thought!

Ale, our CL saviour. :(

That is so 2 pages ago.

Would be good to discuss again though, Terry leaving wouldn't be such a big loss to Chelsea would it? That would leave Luiz, Cahill and..Ivanovic? for CBs. Don't know if I am missing anyone.

They would probably need a replacement.

Wouldn't mind it or see it as a great loss, just didn't see anything like that happening especially with Roman being good friends with the old brigade, but guess he might also have had enough by now.

You're so behind on the world Wooden. Two pages!

Woke up less than two pages ago!

Hindle

Banned
After Abrhomavic or whatever his name is took over Chelsea, how did they perform in the CL? I'm just seeing how they did when compared to City.

Clegg

After Abrhomavic or whatever his name is took over Chelsea, how did they perform in the CL? I'm just seeing how they did when compared to City.

They reached the semi finals a couple of times and they've got to the final twice.

Lost the first one to Man United.

Won it last season of course.

Semi final first season (knocking Barca and Bayern out!). Generally did very well always getting out of the group stage and cheated by Ovrebo of another final, just never had the last bit of win until last season.

Hindle

Banned
Semi final first season (knocking Barca and Bayern out!). Generally did very well always getting out of the group stage and cheated by Ovrebo of another final, just never had the last bit of win until last season.

I can't remember from 2004 to 2006, Qfs if I recall.

If City crash out early again it won't help their coefficient ranking much either and they could still be drawn against tough teams next year.

If City crash out early again it won't help their coefficient ranking much either and they could still be drawn against tough teams next year.

Well if they go to Europa league that could be just as useful for their coefficient, if not more. Remember a few years back the Europa League winner earned more coefficient than the CL champions.

Top Bottom