• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

FootballFan

Barca
Dortmund
Malaga
City

impossibru.jpg

Ahhh I see. Clegg is thinking ahead, after Catalunya gains it's independence and Barca are playing in the Catalan League 1, this will be possible. :p

fuenf

:lol :lol Wooden that is amazing. I realise this is a pretty old post now, deserved more recognition haha.

yeah amazing, Alaba didnt even play in the final...

If City crash out early again it won't help their coefficient ranking much either and they could still be drawn against tough teams next year.

Well that's what you get when you dont care for the Europa League. It's actually easier to earn coefficient points in the EL than in the CL. But we are all getting it wrong anyway. According to Bluemoon it's all the UEFA's fault: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=270137

FootballFan

Rijkaard and Rafael Benitez being mentioned as possible replacements for Allegri.

They need a miracle worker. I didn't even recognise half their players against Malaga(well okay I recognise most of them but you know what I mean), their only good player was El Shaarawy.

How fast they have gone down hill, incredible lol.

fuenf

What happened to Kevin Prince Boateng anyway? He seems to have fallen of a cliff, what did i miss? His performance against Barca last season was magnificent.

qindarka

Banned
They reached the semi finals a couple of times and they've got to the final twice.

Lost the first one to Man United.

Won it last season of course.

Semis a couple of times?

Recap of Chelsea's lovely journey through the CL over the years:
99/00 (Pre-Roman) - Reached the quarters in their first season and beat Barcelona 3-1 in the first leg. Were ten minutes away from victory in the second leg before losing 5-1 in extra time.

03/04- Reached the semis after beating Arsenal's Invincibles 2-1 in Highbury. Lost 3-1 to Monaco despite being a man up for much of the game with Ranieri's insane tactical decisions.
Eliminated after letting a 2-0 lead slip at Stamford Bridge.

04/05- Beat Bayern and Barca en route to semis. Lost to a ghost goal from Luis Garcia at Anfield. Gudjohnsen missed a great late chance to send them through.

05/06- Lost to Barca in the Round of 16, falling 2-1 at Stamford Bridge, the only home defeat under Mourinho.

06/07- Lost to the semis against Liverpool again. 1-0 up from the first leg (really should have been more) before losing on penalties.

07/08- *#&@*#&*

08/09- (**@#*(( Ovrebo *#(@*#

09/10- Lost home and away to Mourinho's Inter in the Round of 16

10/11- Lost home and away to Man United in the quarters

11/12- Luck, anti-football.

FootballFan

Semis a couple of times?

Recap of Chelsea's lovely journey through the CL over the years:
99/00 (Pre-Roman) - Reached the quarters in their first season and beat Barcelona 3-1 in the first leg. Were ten minutes away from victory in the second leg before losing 5-1 in extra time.

03/04- Reached the semis after beating Arsenal's Invincibles 2-1 in Highbury. Lost 3-1 to Monaco despite being a man up for much of the game with Ranieri's insane tactical decisions.
Eliminated after letting a 2-0 lead slip at Stamford Bridge.

04/05- Beat Bayern and Barca en route to semis. Lost to a ghost goal from Luis Garcia at Anfield. Gudjohnsen missed a great late chance to send them through.

05/06- Lost to Barca in the Round of 16, falling 2-1 at Stamford Bridge, the only home defeat under Mourinho.

06/07- Lost to the semis against Liverpool again. 1-0 up from the first leg (really should have been more) before losing on penalties.

07/08- *#&@*#&*

08/09- (**@#*(( Ovrebo *#(@*#BARCA

09/10- Lost home and away to Mourinho's Inter in the Round of 16

10/11- Lost home and away to Man United in the quarters

11/12- Luck, anti-football.Beat Barca

Can you guys leave Barca alone? Thanks.

I want to see Man United or Chelsea play Madrid for once, rarely happens. I guess Madrid haven't gotten very far in the CL that often in the last 10 years or so.
2003 last time United played Madrid right?

qindarka

Banned
Can you guys leave Barca alone? Thanks.

I want to see Man United or Chelsea play Madrid for once, rarely happens. I guess Madrid haven't gotten very far in the CL that often in the last 10 years or so.
2003 last time United played Madrid right?

We are fated to meet till the end of time. Might as well accept it. Chelsea have reached the CL 10 times and met Barca 6 times, 5 in knockouts and once in the group.

FootballFan

Nop,I didn't realize it so far,thanks for sharing it mate.I love sports documentaries,
I just saw the first 5 minutes and seems good stuff.I'll watch it later.

No problem :) It's a good watch, I kinda respected Ibra more after watching.

Though I still don't like him for being such a prick most the time lol.

Clegg

United have Arsenal at Old Trafford soon.

I fully expect Giroud to score against us as we're that shit in defence.

I also hope for an RVP hattrick.

FootballFan

We are fated to meet till the end of time. Might as well accept it. Chelsea have reached the CL 10 times and met Barca 6 times, 5 in knockouts and once in the group.

Wow lol we really are destined to keep meeting each other then.

I guess it's a good thing, means at least one of us will get pretty far haha.

Sloosha

We cause the death of football; they the rebirth. Future generations will write poems about this great cyclical war of good vs evil - dirty Wilbury-esque limericks.

Clegg

Is Gibbs out for another while longer? If he is then I hope United play with wingers against Arsenal.

I'd like to see Nani/Valencia running at Santos.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is Gibbs out for another while longer? If he is then I hope United play with wingers against Arsenal.

If Gibbs stays out Wenger will just move Vermaelen to LB and play Koscielny with Mertesacker. That's what he'd do if he were sane, anyway.

No excuses for not beating Arsenal at home.

I'll take a draw vs Chelsea on the weekend if we win at home against Arsenal the following weekend. 4 points adrift after a fair few tough games would be fine.

juanpablo

Banned
leagueofirelandlogo300.jpg

So its been 8 months already http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35649086&highlight=#post35649086

The League of Ireland come's to an end for another season tomorrow night. And what a year its been! clubs disappearing, divisions potentially disappearing, the season being split into 2 due to Euro 2012 and many, many nights of frustration for myself following my beloved Cork City FC. Thankfully their predictability in grinding out numerous draws made me a nice sum of money over the course of the season.

There can be no doubt who the star team was though, these are the champions Sligo Rovers, they play some lovely football, and boast a Cameroonian legend, a Haitian and a Spanish lad, Tiki Taka indeed! I say fairplay to them as Sligo is a small town yet these guys have great support. Most importantly, they are not horrible Dubs like previous champions of years gone by like Shamrock Rovers, or indeed Dirty Bohemians or scum-tastic smalltime Shelbourne, instead they are a very likeable team and supporters from Ireland's rural northwest. Watch how they won it:

sligo-rovers-fc.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=why_g7k1COQ

On the otherhand, This is (was) Monaghan United, the losers, who decided to quit the LoI a couple of months into the season which really fucked up the fixture list and gives the league table an odd look, Thanks Roddy Collins ya plonker!

mon.jpg

And this team is the future, they've won promotion from the First Division, and are backed by one of Irelands wealthiest men. Those of us who support Supporters Trust owned clubs live in fear of their potential spending power! It'll probably go tits up for them eventually though as tends to be the style for big-spending club teams in Ireland.

Limerick_FC_logo.png

All in all its been a decent season. My team have re-established themselves back in the big time after 2 years in the Graveyard (Irish First Division) and if they win tomorrow night and secure a top 5 finish then we're laughing. And as a CCFC supporter, with one and possibly both of our provincial rivals being back in the top flight next year - Limerick and Waterford Utd - there's going to be some more epic nights 'down the cross' next season when they visit. I can't wait!

fuenf

Hahaha, oh wow

"New coach will be Köstner, Nerlinger rumored to become the new manager"

LOL, good fucking luck with that hahaha

Lol Köstner, wonder why they didnt choose Jonker. Wasnt he working there? Nerlinger as a manager? Guess they realize their current team sucks and they want to loan Can, Weiser, Weihrauch and Markoutz from Bayern ;)

elsk

Banned
Lol Köstner, wonder why they didnt choose Jonker. Wasnt he working there? Nerlinger as a manager? Guess they realize their current team sucks and they want to loan Can, Weiser, Weihrauch and Markoutz from Bayern ;)

I wouldn't mind that happening, actually! those kids could use some first division action

Top Bottom