• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Macho is ridiculously cute. If I ever used d'aww, now would be the time. Sorry again to hear about your folks. :(
He's awesome, never would have thought that I'd be a dog person. It's amazing how much support such a little guy can bring. If you've had a shitty day there'll always be at least someone genuinely excited and happy to see you. He's tiny though, I always get odd looks from men passing by when I'm walking the dog. Women love him though.

iOiDVZsSyG5xr.jpg

And yeah, thanks.

Bumhead

Banned
I used to get quite hung up on people not supporting their local club. For me, people who don't miss out on just about all the things I enjoy most about football, and I've never understood that.

But the reasons why I follow football aren't the only reasons other people do, so I've learned to live with it. Football is a global sport. I can't imagine supporting a team in another country or even another City, but I've no problem with those that do anymore.

Messi

Quite an amusing comment coming from someone who's advocated Irish club football be bastardized like Rugby has.

All because the 'facilities' aren't to your high standard.

Enjoy your prawn sandwiches in the Aviva & OT ;).

So you do live in the Greater Dublin Area?

No, I live in Kildare

Clegg

Ha, should have expected that.

Inter - Quarter-finals 07/08
City - Group stage 11/12
City - Group stage 12/13

Anyone kind enough to fill in the gaps

edit: There's a right way and a wrong way to implement zonal marking. That second Ajax goal was beyond the wrong way

Mancini has never gotten past the QF stage in the CL as a manager.

How have Jeffren, Insua and Wolfswinkel been since joining?
Insua and Wolfswinkel had a pretty good first season. Insua even scored 6 goals, not bad for someone who only had scored 1 goal in the previous 5 seasons. Wolfswinkel was the club top scorer with a decent 25 goals in 46 matches. Jeffren spent most of last season injured, he even managed to injure himself while scoring a free kick.

Soi-Fong

Anybody see this about RVP?

James Howley ‏@Howley_1
Wenger tells @10akhil at Arsenal AGM that Man City offered Robin van Persie £300k p\w to join in the summer. Unbelievable.

In comparison, he's earning around £225 p/w at United.

Yen

Insua and Wolfswinkel had a pretty good first season. Insua even scored 6 goals, not bad for someone who only had scored 1 goal in the previous 5 seasons. Wolfswinkel was the club top scorer with a decent 25 goals in 46 matches. Jeffren spent most of last season injured, he even managed to injure himself while scoring a free kick.

I'd happily take Insua and Wolfswinkel off your hands. :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RVP is worth it. He's old, it's not like they're going to pay him 225k for 10 years to come.
What is Mancini's record in Europe at Inter and City?
With Lazio:
2002-2003: UEFA Cup Semis
2003-2004: Group stage

With merda:
2004-2005: Quarters
2005-2006: Quarters
2006-2007: Last 16
2007-2008: Last 16

Hi guys! Had a tiring 4 hour shift at work today, lifting heavy boxes and pulling them around from the freezer. My shoulder aches, and I just want to go home and rest! :(

RVP is worth it.

With Lazio:
2002-2003: UEFA Cup Semis
2003-2004: Group stage

With merda:
2004-2005: Quarters
2005-2006: Quarters
2006-2007: Last 16
2007-2008: Last 16

Absolutely terrible. Especially when you consider that Mourinho won the thing with much the same team

Soi-Fong

Damn, he looks old.

Dem wrinkles come from him worrying about getting sacked which more than likely he will.

That's what's really nice about United right now. There's stability and you can't just call for Fergie to be sacked when he's been managing the team for more than a decade now after a few bad results.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yes. No.

Funny gif from the funny pictures thread

pRw58.jpg

@Yurt, wow, thought it was pretty much the same team.

Who started the CL final from Mourinho's signings?

Please, one merda answer per month. -_-

Off the top of my head.. Eto'o, Sneijder and Diego Milito. I'm sure there's more but that's enough for now.

juanpablo

Banned
If this is your point, then the prawn sandwich brigade stuff is unnecessary, really.

It's necessary when Clegg has been repeatedly contrasting Leinster rugby team, who play in the Aviva stadium which has pretty swish facilities like your prawn sandwich outlets, with LoI grounds which are a tad more basic in comparison.

No LoI team is ever going to have those kind of facilities so long as the vast majority of Irish 'football fans' choose to follow English teams instead.

One wonders if Clegg himself would follow an English rugby team like Harlequins if Leinster's facilities weren't up to scratch?

Well Clegg?

Your post about the LOI was genuinely interesting, but since then your posts read like you're discrediting Irish fans for who they support. It might not be your intention but its coming off like that.

Look at it this way Wlibury, the vast, VAST majority of Irish 'football fans' care not a jot for the LoI. They have zero interest in the LoI, zip, nilch, nada. I would wager that Ireland is unique in Europe, if not the world in that case.

Case in point my home county of Cork, pop. 500,000. Who do you think is the most popular team? Cork City, my own team? goodness no! There are far, far more EPL fans here then the home team. And I'm not talking about people who foloow both their local team AND an English team. Most have an active disinterest in the loI.

And that to me is a sad state of affairs.

You support who you support I suppose. There is a lot of glory hunters but if Clegg happens to love United and not a LOI team, not much to be done really. It is what it is.

In Ireland its always amusing to see how cyclical UK team support is, hence over the past 20 years or so everyone's who's 30 or under tend to be die-hard Man Utd fans, whereas those over 30 or so appear to be die-hard Liverpool fans.

Funny that?

Also, nice to see Fergie getting a statue at OT; if there's anyone at Utd who deserves a statue, it's him.

Wonder why Bergkamp didn't get a statue with Henry and Adams? I'd have him there for sure.

pulga

Banned
Kildare is in the Greater Dublin area silly!

You ever go to any Kildare County games when they were knocking about?

This is getting cyclical. He'll say "no" and then you'll continue banding about how no one supports their local LoI team. We get it. Irish fans are "wannabe English cunts". Can we move on?

Clegg

It's necessary when Clegg has been repeatedly contrasting Leinster rugby team, who play in the Aviva stadium which has pretty swish facilities like your prawn sandwich outlets, with LoI grounds which are a tad more basic in comparison.

No LoI team is ever going to have those kind of facilities so long as the vast majority of Irish 'football fans' choose to follow English teams instead.

One wonders if Clegg himself would follow an English rugby team like Harlequins if Leinster's facilities weren't up to scratch?

Well Clegg?

Look at it this way Wlibury, the vast, VAST majority of Irish 'football fans' care not a jot for the LoI. They have zero interest in the LoI, zip, nilch, nada. I would wager that Ireland is unique in Europe, if not the world in that case.

Case in point my home county of Cork, pop. 500,000. Who do you think is the most popular team? Cork City, my own team? goodness no! There are far, far more EPL fans here then the home team. And I'm not talking about people who foloow both their local team AND an English team. Most have an active disinterest in the loI.

And that to me is a sad state of affairs.

In Ireland its always amusing to see how cyclical UK team support is, hence over the past 20 years or so everyone's who's 30 or under tend to be die-hard Man Utd fans, whereas those over 30 or so appear to be die-hard Liverpool fans.

Funny that?
Now you're just deliberately trying to antagonize. You're acting like you're superior to others because they don't follow an Irish team. I've not been repeatedly arguing anything. I stopped arguing but you keep bringing the same tired and jaded drivel back again and again.

I follow Leinster because they're my local team. I've been coached by Leinster coaches when I was in primary school and they've always been open to the public. I follow United because my Dad does.

Top Bottom