• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

juanpablo

Banned
Why do you care so much? Who gives a fuck what he follows on his free time.

Glory glory Man United! (or something)

I don't give a fawk either what anyone does in their own time, but when crappy excuses are given for NOT supporting an Irish club team, that's when I'll react. Peeps just need to be honest with themselves.

3Sixty

Interesting to see Falque come on.

Many of use down here thought he was but a myth. However those (un)fortunate enough to be at Saints vs Leicester on a cold Monday night back in January just know he is complete shit.

Clegg

I don't give a fawk either what anyone does in their own time, but when crappy excuses are given for NOT supporting an Irish club team, that's when I'll react. Peeps just need to be honest with themselves.

You've been given perfectly valid reasons as to why people don't like the LoI.

It's not our fault that you don't accept them.

juanpablo

Banned
What's the difference between supporting a team because of where you live, who your parents support or just a team that catches your eye? Surely it's the loyalty you show to your chosen team that determines how good a fan you are?

Define loyalty for me? for me club loyalty is going to game's and donating money (The LoI is quite poor).

What's loyalty for a foreign Man Utd Supporter? watch all the game's on streams, Sky or down the pub, go over once or twice a season on a package holiday and buy some merchandise in the club superstore?

The latter sounds more like a customer rather then a football supporter to me tbh. And i'm no superfan either by any means.

Meier

Anyone getting Windows 8?

I fiddled around with a tablet laptop that had it.. touch screen that rotated to and from a keyboard. It was actually pretty neat and there is a standard desktop mode. Seems like w/o a touchscreen though, there isn't much reason to upgrade.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Im so drunk

redgodnod.gif

Linius

Define loyalty for me? for me club loyalty is going to game's and donating money (The LoI is quite poor).

What's loyalty for a foreign Man Utd Supporter? watch all the game's on streams, Sky or down the pub, go over once or twice a season on a package holiday and buy some merchandise in the club superstore?

I was born in Amsterdam and lived there for three years. My dad's been a life long Ajax supporter and visited the stadium many times back in the days. So it ain't much of a surprise that I became an Ajax fan myself. Because I don't have that much money to spend (I'm a student after all) I watch every game on the telly. I pay for that btw. I have some shirts and other merchandise. But I very rarely visit the stadium. Though I do have a membership card for which I pay. Does that make me less of a loyal fan according to your definition?

juanpablo

Banned
You've been given perfectly valid reasons as to why people don't like the LoI.

It's not our fault that you don't accept them.

But your answers don't stand up to scrutiny do they? When I asked you previously would you follow an English rugby team if Leinster's facilities were poor and the standard of rugby was shit it obviously riled you as it sounds silly.

Now imagine how I feel when I read you saying exactly that about the LoI?

JesusTom

The latter sounds more like a customer rather then a football supporter to me tbh. And i'm no superfan either by any means.

You're treating football clubs like they're a charity. I could donate money to any team I want, doesn't make me a fan of the club. If that's how you choose to define it in your mind then fine, but don't force that definition on anyone else. I consider myself a Newcastle and Luton Town fan (Mum is from Newcastle, I'm from Luton) because of the emotion I feel towards the club, not because of how much money I give them.

Clegg

But your answers don't stand up to scrutiny do they? When I asked you previously would you follow an English rugby team if Leinster's facilities were poor and the standard of rugby was shit it obviously riled you as it sounds silly.

Now imagine how I feel when I read you saying exactly that about the LoI?

The standard of Leinster rugby was shit for years. They only got their act together maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Before that they were playing in a little stadium in Donnybrook, in front of crowds of 1500 at most.

I know what you're saying about LoI football. But you have to accept that lots of people don't follow it and their reasons are perfectly valid.

I don't spend any money on Chelsea other then shirts. When I attend there matches it is off a friends Season Ticket. Does that make me less of a fan? I loved Chelsea ever since I started supporting them when my brother convinced me to support them over Liverpool
thank fuck.

I have been to Stamford Bridge loads of times in my life and I love it. I have also apparently been to Anfield twice as a new born child :lol

Top Bottom