• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

elsk

Banned
Miami Fusion didn't fold the MLS did. We had Ray Hudson as manager and were at the top of the table before the league crumbled.

The lack of football atmosphere in Miami has always surprised me, with the amount of people from Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela, Honduras, etc. Very weird.

Slizz

The lack of football atmosphere in Miami has always surprised me, with the amount of people from Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela, Honduras, etc. Very weird.

Some say thats the problem. So many different nationalities hard to form allegiances. We had over 78K in a football stadium for Barca, and over 45K for all other football games in the same stadium and it probably rained for half of those games.

Wow, Sporting is near the relegation line at home and looking at a Europa League exit. Tough year for them thus far.

Worst start of a season in the last 50 or 60 years. There are some weird shit going on in the club. Capel and Carrillo were mysteriously dropped from the squad several times without being injured, we had some our best games while playing in 4-4-2 but both managers still insist that we should play in a 4-3-3.

dc89

FM12 update:

United have bottled it. They've just lost their game in hand. I just need to win on the final day to win the title. Only problem.. I'm up against 3rd place Liverpool.

juanpablo

Banned
I was so disappointed that we didn't get the 2022 World Cup. It has been far too long and the sport has grown so much here domestically since then -- I think it would have helped further improve the game's growth here as well. I was only a kid at the time but my best friend's dad took him to a match at the Citrus Bowl.. I'm sure it was incredible!

Its bollocks that Qatar got it, complete bollocks. But still fairplay to the USA, in less then 2 decade's ye guys have re-established your national league and get brilliant crowds, I'm well jealous!

Robbie Keane is doing excellent with the Galaxy. I imagine that is nice to see for the Irish MLS fans.

Indeed it is, although Irish supporters are less then happy with the progress of Darren fawking O'Dea at Toronto!

What cities/states in the US have large populations of S. Americans? Shouldn't they be soccer cities? I wish the sport became huge in the US. Would love to go to some games there and see Slizz and Awesome Animals

Boussoufa was the best player in the Belgian league for many years in a row, he was one of the few players who looked good enough to make it in a big league, everyone was shellshocked when he joined Anzhi. Carcela used to be amazing at Standard too, better than Witsel/Fellaini/Defour, wonder if he has improved in Russia.

Meier

Stayed up until 2:45 playing Football Manager last night. First alarm goes off at 6:40... hitting the wall hard right about now.

Meier

What cities/states in the US have large populations of S. Americans? Shouldn't they be soccer cities? I wish the sport became huge in the US. Would love to go to some games there and see Slizz and Awesome Animals

Pretty much anything that roughly borders Central America and/or the Caribbean.

Texas, California and Florida have huge latino populations. New York does as well but it seems like soccer is just too far down the totem pole there although the Red Bulls have some star power in Rafa Marquez and Henry. Chicago also has a big population.. really, any of the most populous places are bound to have them due to the need for a big workforce. But those first 3 are the main states.

California has 3 MLS teams (San Jose Earthquakes, LA Galaxy, Chivas USA) and Texas has 2 (FC Dallas and Houston Dynamo). Florida has 0 right now... the two teams before were shut down back in 2001.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
the way Suarez screams is hilarious

I'd love to see what he'd do if he actually got a real injury

elsk

Banned

Actually, I'm not 100% sure but I understand the latin population in places like Seattle for example is not that high and still is the place with the biggest football fans population. They fill the stadium (60k) each week!

I read it like this:

and laughed :D

Haha, yes, I don't like how in english you can't really difference from gender in the word friend. If you add boy-friend or girl-friend is supposed to be your date/couple, right?

Spanish FTW

Fry

Wasn't Badstuber hated by Bayern Gaf a few years ago?

i3xllpAjFrIs5.png

pulga

Banned
Define loyalty for me? for me club loyalty is going to game's and donating money (The LoI is quite poor).

What's loyalty for a foreign Man Utd Supporter? watch all the game's on streams, Sky or down the pub, go over once or twice a season on a package holiday and buy some merchandise in the club superstore?

The latter sounds more like a customer rather then a football supporter to me tbh. And i'm no superfan either by any means.

Well I guess that's that. pulga: loyal Real Madrid and Juventus customer. All the tears I've shed are for naught!

I've never even actually seen Juve play irl, and Madrid I've seen twice. Am I less of a fan?

elsk

Banned
Well I guess that's that. pulga: loyal Real Madrid and Juventus customer. All the tears I've shed are for naught!

I've never even actually seen Juve play irl, and Madrid I've seen twice. Am I less of a fan?

YES, but only because you follow both.

Wasn't Badstuber hated by Bayern Gaf a few years ago?

He was shit, but all the defenders were shit under van Gaal. With Heynckes he finally looked good, last season but still he has a major flaw: he can't jump.

Surely the competition for the LCB spot with Dante will make him improve.

dc89

FM has me mad. I'm not even making this up. United have won the treble and they won the league on goal difference.

FUUUUUUUUUUU

Top Bottom