• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Moroccan is really something isn't he?
Well I guess that's that. pulga: loyal Real Madrid and Juventus customer. All the tears I've shed are for naught!

I've never even actually seen Juve play irl, and Madrid I've seen twice. Am I less of a fan?

Every single Juve supporter is hardcore as fuck AFAIC.

Meier

Actually, I'm not 100% sure but I understand the latin population in places like Seattle for example is not that high and still is the place with the biggest football fans population. They fill the stadium (60k) each week!

I think a lot of the Mexicans here still follow the teams from back home and/or Barca/Real and other European giants. I went to a bar with Miguel from GAF and my fiancee in Houston to watch a Classico and it was insanely packed.. hundreds upon hundreds of people that had filled the place to overflowing.

The Sounders and Timbers (as well as a number of other MLS teams) have developed very passionate local fan bases.

FootballFan

Wasn't Badstuber hated by Bayern Gaf a few years ago?

c1be8b74.gif

Haha, yes, I don't like how in english you can't really difference from gender in the word friend. If you add boy-friend or girl-friend is supposed to be your date/couple, right?

Spanish FTW

You could say a "female friend" or something but that just sounds a bit strange. It's the same problem in German, though.

I started learning Spanish in April :D Me gusta espanol pero no comprendo la distinción entre "le" y "lo/la" correcto haha. Por ejemplo "Escribo a Juan -> Le escribo" y "Compro el coche -> Lo compro". Es dificil lol

Meier

FM has me mad. I'm not even making this up. United have won the treble and they won the league on goal difference.

FUUUUUUUUUUU

In my Porto save, City just bought Neymar in June 2013 for $73m breaking the Aguero transfer record. The transfer budget is astronomical on the game I take it. The CPU bought Bale, Ben Arfa (sold to Juve for a big profit in January), Friedel, Hamsik and Lucas Leiva in the first window, then Vermaelen in January. Probably some others that I missed. Milner was sent off on a season long loan with an option to buy.

juanpablo

Banned
Well I guess that's that. pulga: loyal Real Madrid and Juventus customer. All the tears I've shed are for naught!

I've never even actually seen Juve play irl, and Madrid I've seen twice. Am I less of a fan?

Are you, someone who presumably watches on the TV/Internet and buys the merchandise, less of a fan then someone who goes to Juve/Madrid game's week in and week out?

Does one even need to answer such a question?

pulga

Banned
YES, but only because you follow both.

He was shit, but all the defenders were shit under van Gaal. With Heynckes he finally looked good, last season but still he has a major flaw: he can't jump.

Surely the competition for the LCB spot with Dante will make him improve.

Why? It's not like we're european, I don't have any particular allegiance to Spain, Italy, England, Germany, etc. so I'm not bound to exclusively follow a team from 1 country since I enjoy watching the three big leagues.

Wilbur

Banned
Are you, someone who presumably watches on the TV/Internet and buys the merchandise, less of a fan then someone who goes to Juve/Madrid game's week in and week out?

Prawn sandwich brigade probably go sit in their executive box every game.

Where's your argument now?

pulga

Banned
The Moroccan is really something isn't he?

Every single Juve supporter is hardcore as fuck AFAIC.

Thanks Yurt :D

Yes, yes it does. I scream when I'm watching the game, I follow the players on twitter, I've cried many times, I went apeshit ballistic when Zidane won us the 9th, I cursed out every deserter that left us during the Serie B years, I've gone close to fistfighting barcacunts in my earlier years (lol). Why am I any different from someone who goes to the stadium every once in a while? I still have the same exact feelings.

Kyoufu

Pretty odd that we look far better as a footballing side playing 4-3-3 with our youngsters.

Makes me enjoy the EL games more than the PL ones.

JesusTom

Pretty odd that we look far better as a footballing side playing 4-3-3 with our youngsters.

Makes me enjoy the EL games more than the PL ones.

I was thinking the same thing. Loving watching Sammy and Gabby bursting down the wings, and Fergie has a shit-hot cross on him.

FootballFan

Jeez can you guys stop talking about this supporting local or overseas teams. We are all FootballFans here, lets get along and discuss the games being played.

Pulga is just as much a Madridista as any fan in Madrid. As much as a bad choice it is to follow Madrid, it doesn't mean he isn't a proper fan.

Some really awful discussions ever since the C word has returned. What a curse. :lol

Fry

Jeez can you guys stop talking about this supporting local or overseas teams. We are all FootballFans here, lets get along and discuss the games being played.

Some people who support their local club mount on their high-horses and downplay overseas fan, usually when they pick big teams. I've seen this discussion so many times, it's so fucking boring.

Mind your own business and go buy some new merchandise from your team, super fan.

Wilbur

Banned
You... Lost a match? That's disappointing.

Glad to see Brønby where they belong, in my save they were all up in the sub top, fuckers.

I already told you I lost one turdfucker! To that shit team but then I beat Milan.

I was really showing you Brondby last :lol

pulga

Banned
Some people who support their local club mount on their high-horses and downplay overseas fan, usually when they pick big teams. I've seen this discussion so many times, it's so fucking boring.

Mind your own business and go buy some new merchandise from your team, super fan.

and of course I also follow my local team, Real CD España. When I lived in Honduras, i'd go to the stadium regularly, buy the shirts, etc. Problem, one-team GAF?

clubdeportivorealesp_403325.jpg

Yen

You would say that.

Why would they when they can buy tickets for the games? Everyone knows that money spent on tickets is worth quadruple the money spent on any other club product.

pulga

Banned
3 teams? You are pushing it Pulga! :p

It's not my fault our league is crap and need to follow overseas to watch quality footy :(

Edit: or wait.. according to juanpablo, it IS my fault our league is crap! But... I did go to the stadiums and buy the merch! SO WHAT THE FUCK MAN IM SO CONFUSED

elsk

Banned
You could say a "female friend" or something but that just sounds a bit strange. It's the same problem in German, though.

I started learning Spanish in April :D Me gusta espanol pero no comprendo la distinción entre "le" y "lo/la" correcto haha. Por ejemplo "Escribo a Juan -> Le escribo" y "Compro el coche -> Lo compro". Es dificil lol

Haha, we should make a Spanish thread as Regulus suggested a few weeks ago.

The fact that you use "distinción" already, tells me you're pretty good at it :p

Is a bit hard to explain it, maybe I can think on an easy way to explain it to you later but those are the direct and indirect object pronouns. But for now maybe this topic could help you: http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=5292

Your teacher is from Spain, right? They tend to use the la, le, lo incorrectly. Maybe that's what is causing a bit of confusion to you.

If you have any question you can always PM me, I will try to make the spanish-gaf thread later too with Regulus

juanpablo

Banned
Prawn sandwich brigade probably go sit in their executive box every game.

Where's your argument now?

It's hardly argumentative to suggest that people who attend game's week in week out are the most loyal supporters.

How'd you start following Man Utd out of interest?

Thanks Yurt :D

Yes, yes it does. I scream when I'm watching the game, I follow the players on twitter, I've cried many times, I went apeshit ballistic when Zidane won us the 9th, I cursed out every deserter that left us during the Serie B years, I've gone close to fistfighting barcacunts in my earlier years (lol). Why am I any different from someone who goes to the stadium every once in a while? I still have the same exact feelings.

Because being a supporter isn't about watching games in a pub. Its about going to games, singing, enjoying the banter with rival fans, travelling great distances to watch your team.

But If you're just a guy who shouts and roars at the TV in a bar and starts fistfights with randomers, that doesn't make you a hardcore supporter, it just make's you an angry man in a bar or at home on the couch. You can say to yourself all you want that you're as much as a supporter as the guys who follow Madrid/Juve home and away and across Europe but it doesn't make it so.

And believe me, I'm in the same boat as you are. In addition to supporting CCFC I have a fondness for Aston Villa which means I watch all their game's and go over to Brum frequently enough during the LoI offseason, does that make me a supporter like the guy in the Holte End who's had a ST For decade's, sings his heart out, follows Villa up and down England and has basically lived and breathed Villa his entire life?

No, no it does not. Sorry if that offends you.

elsk

Banned
It's not my fault our league is crap and need to follow overseas to watch quality footy :(

Edit: or wait.. according to juanpablo, it IS my fault our league is crap! But... I did go to the stadiums and buy the merch! SO WHAT THE FUCK MAN IM SO CONFUSED

Blame Ferrari and Callejas as I do.

pulga

Banned
It's hardly argumentative to suggest that people who attend game's week in week out are the most loyal supporters.

How'd you start following Man Utd out of interest?

Because being a supporter isn't about watching games in a pub. Its about going to games, singing, enjoying the banter with rival fans, travelling great distances to watch your team.

But If you're just a guy who shouts and roars at the TV in a bar and starts fistfights with randomers, that doesn't make you a hardcore supporter, it just make's you an angry man in a bar or at home on the couch. You can say to yourself all you want that you're as much as a supporter as the guys who follow Madrid/Juve home and away and across Europe but it doesn't make it so.

And believe me, I'm in the same boat as you are. In addition to supporting CCFC I have a fondness for Aston Villa which means I watch all their game's and go over to Brum frequently enough during the LoI offseason, does that make me a supporter like the guy in the Holte End who's had a ST For decade's, sings his heart out, follows Villa up and down England and has basically lived and breathed Villa his entire life?

No, no it does not. Sorry if that offends you.

looool.

Thats pretty much it. LOL at your obtuse and close minded point of view.

pulga

Banned
We're not claiming to be super fans. God damn. What an awful topic. Stop replying to him. It's probably Kermit.

yeah, I dont think I ever claimed to be a hooligan or somesuch. I don't have the time nor the money to follow ANY team around ANY country, including mine. I guess I'm not a fan of Real España either :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Can we throw juanpablo on Kermit? What's going to happen if they meet each other?

Let's show him his open bus parade!

Top Bottom