• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

juanpablo

Banned
So now the richer fans are more legit?

jbh3eonveqpCOn.png

I would presume most Juve and Madrid ST holders aren't that rich?

juanpablo

Banned
So what happens if I was born and raised in Liverpool but don't live there now? Am I a proper fan?!

Sterling's defensive work is great.

What about the people who are born and raised in Liverpool but can't get tickets to Anfield due to LFC's enormous Irish/Rest of UK/Norwegian/Rest of World support?

LTWheels

I'm born and raised in the rugby heartland of London with no noticeable professional football clubs. My dad was the quintessential neutral, supported no club.

My grandmother is from Liverpool and was always loud and proud of this. So I grew up supporting Liverpool.

Wilbur

Banned
What about all the locals who are born and raised as Manchester United fans but are now priced out of OT thanks to corporate seating and the 1000s of foreign daytrippers who push up price's and take all the seats? If I were them I would not be happy.

Well they don't go to the games so they're not real fans.

So London then, has 18 league clubs or something like in the top 4 divisions in England, yet you end up following the most successful team of the era who are based 100s of miles away from London. How did that happen? Did you ever go to any teams in the local area play?

I've... just told you how it happened. I watched telly. I was five. I didn't have any money nor the means for public transport when I was five. My parents worked. I didn't know how to drive. I could not fly. I could not dress like a Cuban missionary to sneak into Craven Cottage and pretend I am a delegate looking for a parent club.

I don't dispute you have a passion for Man Utd, but would I bracket you in with Man Utd supporters who are local, have the ST, go to away games and have followed Man Utd for decades? No I wouldn't, again sorry if that offends you, I guess I'm being 'close minded'.

To be honest, if I wasn't studying, if I hadn't lost my job, if I did have more money, I'd try to go as much as I possibly can. If I ever win the lottery, first thing I want to do is get a season ticket or buy tickets when I can. I can't afford it. Does monetary situations not factor into it? Just because your club probably need to pay you to go.

pulga

Banned
This thread would be pretty shitty if people weren't such glory hunters.

DAMN STRAIGHT *fistbump*

Why not go ask on one of the Madrid/Juve forums which ST holders frequent and get back to us on that?

Alright I'll do it right now

.... OH WAIT, I don't give enough of a shit about this stupid topic to do so. But since you seem to have such a stake in this, why don't you go ahead yourself? Let me know, so I can promptly cry into my Juve shirts and burn my Madrid scarves. MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIEEEEE

I agree with juan pablo.

Well I do agree on supporters who shows up for the majority of the matches are bigger supporters, it's just way different when giving that kind of support and being there in person, rather than going to a match every now and then otherwise watching them in tv. But juanpablo is just way too extreme and annoying, shut up already.

juanpablo

Banned
Well they don't go to the games so they're not real fans.

That's coz they're priced out, my sympathies to them!

I've... just told you how it happened. I watched telly. I was five. I didn't have any money nor the means for public transport when I was five. My parents worked. I didn't know how to drive. I could not fly. I could not dress like a Cuban missionary to sneak into Craven Cottage and pretend I am a delegate looking for a parent club.

Fair enough, but surely you must have had mate's or something who'd go to Palace or Wimbledon game's or something who'd take you along? I'm struggling to see how you wouldn't follow Palace because they were half an hour away but you had no problem following a team many hours away?

operon

This argument is getting really boring now, where do you think clubs get most of their money from, give you a clue the fans at home, paying ridiculously sky subscriptions to watch premiership football at home buying the jerseys etc etc. its becoming a whole dick wagging competition, mines bigger than yours I'm a better fan because i'm a local blah blah blah

who-gives-a-shit-harrison-ford.gif

pulga

Banned

Fair enough, but surely you must have had mate's or something who'd go to Palace or Wimbledon game's or something who'd take you along? I'm struggling to see how you wouldn't follow Palace because they were half an hour away but you had no problem following a team many hours away?

Yeah Wilbury, why didn't you hit up your 5 year old BFF and take your Tonka jeeps out to the game? For shame, glory hunter.

Wilbur

Banned

Have sympathy for me.

Nope. Not many five year olds went to Wimbledon or Palace games, nor did I have money to pay for tickets. I never watched Palace and Wimbledon on telly, I probably didn't know they existed until I was 9, 10 and already supported United.

I really don't see what the problem is. You support who you support. Circumstances easily could have made it so that I supported Palace, but they didn't.

Top Bottom