• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

I have actually never been to a Bucs game despite being a huge fan for almost 20 years. I've only even seen the stadium like once even! Some day I hope to make it to one whether it be in Tampa or not.

Games are a lot of fun. I don't go to as many anymore, and technically they're my parents seats. I've fallen out of love with the NFL in recent years for a variety of reasons.

Blablurn gifted me a copy and I opened it earlier and browswed around the menus, scared to try cause I've only ever played the first for like an hour at a lan party and know I will get my ass kicked, lol.

I am the same as Wooden, only I have never played any Dota or Dota 2 :lol I will wait till someone wants to play with me till I actually launch it.

We can play against bots and all be terrible!!

Do I qualify as a loyal supporter since I went to a Villa game during their pre-season tour this summer! What about getting my picture on the website!!! Do I count?! Do I count?!!! Your opinion means so much to me!!

Kenka

I always support Young Boys when I see them play, the name alone with a stadium called Wankdorf Stadium is reason enough to like them. Although Farnerud that albino fucker plays there.
Yeah, that's what their marketing is based on. That's why they enrolled a guy like Ojala...

Farnerud? He is being good, nothing spectacular but he knows how to get wet for his team.

Arnie

3 clean sheets in a row. Not bad at all.
Three wins and a draw in the last four.
Wait... If it was single handed shouldn't it count? Not that I mind a ref decision going against Agger.
That was my belief too, but apparently not. Perhaps they changed the rule.
Congrats to Downing for finally scoring. Now he the same amount of goals as Tim Howard in the past season or so.
He's already scored in the Europa League this season.

I hope your clumsiness here personifies Everton on Sunday.

pulga

Banned
So Yesil didn't play, ship him to Bayern already ffs.

Andate a la verga juan pablo

No creo que te entienda. ¿Cuantos irlandeses saben español? Por cierto, quema tus camisas y quitate ese avatar, nunca has ido a un partido de Bayern asi que te jodiste jajaja.

Mastadon

Banned
Three wins and a draw in the last four.

That was my belief too, but apparently not. Perhaps they changed the rule.

"A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball: i) while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) ii) while holding the ball in his outstretched open hand iii) while in the act of bouncing it on the ground or tossing it into the air."

elsk

Banned
No creo que te entienda. ¿Cuantos irlandeses saben español? Por cierto, quema tus camisas y quitate ese avatar, nunca has ido a un partido de Bayern asi que te jodiste jajaja.

Sólo tengo una :( 10/11 season, the worst one in a long time.

juanpablo

Banned
Whilst you may not have used directly insulting language, it's fairly obvious that you've been looking down your nose at a lot of people in this thread.

Please don't try and play the innocent party in all this. You've been the instigator.

Edit: Apparently they do have something lined up.

I've made my points in a consistent and reasoned manner, in what is supposed to be a discussion forum. Just because people vehemently disagree with me and I with them neither means I look down my nose at them and doesn't mean vulgar language needs to be used against me.

Meier

Games are a lot of fun. I don't go to as many anymore, and technically they're my parents seats. I've fallen out of love with the NFL in recent years for a variety of reasons.

Well I have season tickets to the University of Texas and of course went to all the games at FSU when I was a student (and most of them for the next 2 years we lived there along with plenty of bowl games in Orlando). I don't think I've ever been to a single NFL game though now that I think about it.

Wilbur

Banned
I've made my points in a consistent and reasoned manner, in what is supposed to be a discussion forum. Just because people vehemently disagree with me and I with them neither means I look down my nose at them and doesn't mean vulgar language needs to be used against me.

To be fair, I do think you are looking down your nose at some of us, because you're consistently referring to you attending games. You didn't take my age or monetary situation into account.

I just think you're on your high horse a little.

Stuttgart doing pretty badly, but damn anything can still happen in this group, have a bad feeling we will suddenly flop and end up in the bottom.

GvQ98.jpg

Farnerud? He is being good, nothing spectacular but he knows how to get wet for his team.

He refused us and went to Brøndby, that's the kind of stuff that should never be forgiven. ;)

He was however hilarious and gave interview after interview about what a circus Brøndby was and how desperate he was to get away when he left the club, so that was pretty cool.

pulga

Banned
A true supporter for me is someone who's spent years, decade's even, going home and away supporting their team.

Um

Cork City Football Club - local team, lived 10 mins walk from TC for many years. Go to most home games.

Ireland - National team, planning my 1st away trip to Germany for WCQ.

Aston Villa - grew up in a Villa-mad household, my first love as a sports team and am a former ST holder and regular day tripper/barstooler.

Cobh Ramblers (RIP) - other local team, they'll be back hopefully.

So why don't you go to Cork City away games? And what's with not owning a ST for Villa? Filthy barstooler, hand in your fan card :lol

Wilbur

Banned
A true supporter for me is someone who's spent years, decade's even, going home and away supporting their team.

So if you only go to home games, you're not a true supporter. If you'd love to go to home and away games but don't have the money, you're not a true supporter.

You're talking nonsense, to be honest. Sorry, but you are.

juanpablo

Banned
To be fair, I do think you are looking down your nose at some of us, because you're consistently referring to you attending games. You didn't take my age or monetary situation into account.

I just think you're on your high horse a little.

I've mentioned my attendance at games in passing to make a point. Such as when I compared myself to the lifelong Villa ST holder, do I consider myself a "true" fan in comparison to someone like that? No I don't and that doesn't upset me one little bit, unlike some folk on here it seems if you make a similar comparison between them and their teams ST holders!

Wilbur

Banned
I've mentioned my attendance at games in passing to make a point. Such as when I compared myself to the lifelong Villa ST holder, do I consider myself a "true" fan in comparison to someone like that? No I don't and that doesn't upset me one little bit, unlike some folk on here it seems if you make a similar comparison between them and their teams ST holders!

Well like Pulga just pointed out, you don't even seem to be a true fan by your own estimations of your team which you're being relatively condescending about.

faridmon

You keep talking about yourself being a true fan. I have bloody played for the team I support. what do you got?

Well I have season tickets to the University of Texas and of course went to all the games at FSU when I was a student (and most of them for the next 2 years we lived there along with plenty of bowl games in Orlando). I don't think I've ever been to a single NFL game though now that I think about it.

I much prefer College Football and the Gameday atmosphere to the NFL.

juanpablo

Banned
So if you only go to home games, you're not a true supporter. If you'd love to go to home and away games but don't have the money, you're not a true supporter.

Pretty much yeah. Its hard on time and on the wallet to go to home and away games, so for those that do it, they command my respect! They are true supporters!

pulga

Banned
Searching through my posting history to try and 'catch' me out. Epic rattlement!

Not too hard dude, you've barely about 130 posts. Way things are going, don't even see you making it to 200. and what rattlement? I just enjoy seeing people with their foot in their mouth, if it takes me 2 minutes to go through your meek posting history, it's worth it!

If United are willing to buyout the DHL contract then surely they must have another sponsor already lined up?

It seems silly to back away from guaranteed income for something you're unsure of.
Will almost certainly have a big offer on the table. No point in buying it out otherwise.

Fair bit of interesting news on United's commercial side lately. Ed Woodward came out and said that the Glazers won't be selling anytime soon and it sounded very much like poaturing. Then Andy Green has said that he's been told part of the IPO proceeds went to 3 Glazers who want to make an exit in the near future.

Think there's gonna be something more concrete within the next few months on all this.

FootballFan

You have to see where everyone is coming from, when a junior who rarely posts here comes into the football thread claiming real fans are the ones with season tickets, and the rest are not.

Then always referring to yourself as a follower of your local team, making it sound like you are better than everyone here(even if you didn't intend for it to sound that way).

Personally I don't really mind what you are saying, it is your opinion of a real fan, not a fact. Many of the members here disagree and that's that. This topic should have finished after the first page of the discussion.

Anyways, I'm off now but I'll be back later to see the reply(hopefully not pages of replies lol)

Wilbur

Banned
Pretty much yeah. Its hard on time and on the wallet to go to home and away games, so for those that do it, they command my respect! They are true supporters!

So you aren't a true supporter.

A true supporter. Such a fucking stupid term. So fucking stupid. If I don't go to every home and away game, I don't truly support my club.

Sorry. I'd like to think I've been pretty respectful up to a point but that's bollocks. I'm out.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Not overly impressed by our attacking, but that was a nice overall performance. We still lack confidence in closing out games, but that's to be expected at this stage.

This "true" fan stuff is bullshit. If you root for a team then you're a fan. Rooting for a shit team in a shit league and going to all their games doesn't make you any better of a fan since it's impossible to look into someone's brain to see how much they actually care about the club. Everything juanpablo describes is just external indicators.

Top Bottom