• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

To interrupt this wonderful conversation.

Arnold is back as Conan!

ipYTTLPXVMxw2.gif

Can only imagine it being a comedy?

juanpablo

Banned
Some may argue that you saying we aren't real fans of our clubs is a lot more insulting than some profanity.

All I've said repeatedly, when not discussing the state of Irish football that is, is that those who go to the most game's are the most loyal supporters a team can have. I'm actually a little shocked people can disagree with me on that!

Fair enough if you make the effort to watch the games on the internet and TV, but its the guy going H&A, year after year that are the most loyal supporters for me anyway.

Again I can't believe people could take such issue with such a seemingly logical statement?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mad pulga is best pulga.
uGG8i.gif
uGG8i.gif
uGG8i.gif
uGG8i.gif

Kyoufu said:
Hixx is not a true real super fan. He doesn't go to every away game.

Seems like quite a waste to be a super fan for Sunderland when the far superior* club is just a few miles away.

*With dashing, fabulous colours.

Clegg

I was thinking that I might get a Vita for my birthday or for Christmas. My bday is only two weeks before Christmas anyway.

I know Vita is struggling badly but there are still games I'd like to play that are exclusive to the console.

pulga

Banned
All I've said repeatedly, when not discussing the state of Irish football that is, is that those who go to the most game's are the most loyal supporters a team can have. I'm actually a little shocked people can disagree with me on that!

Fair enough if you make the effort to watch the games on the internet and TV, but its the guy going H&A, year after year that are the most loyal supporters for me anyway.

Again I can't believe people could take such issue with such a seemingly logical statement?

I dont know if you know this but...in the real world, adults have jobs. Financial responsibilites. Not enough time. I can't be assed to follow Real España up and down the country, if I still lived in Honduras, I've got responsibilities. Would I love to? Yes. But because I don't, it makes me less of a fan? Fuck no.

Clegg

Arnold is Conan is a disaster waiting to happen.

He's an old man now and he's not in the correct physical condition to play the role. I suppose he could be given a mentor role and have someone else be the actual here. But thats not what fans will want to see.

I agree with juanpabloangel that the "best" fans are those that have dedicated their lifetime to following a club.

But there is a difference between somebody being a "better fan" and saying somebody else is a shit fan.

Also, I'm not sure id want to be somebody who actually follows the united > kids > wife mantra

500 Days of Summer was an excellent film, I feel like a fucking hipster now but whatevs. I have to say that JGL was wearing some great shirts in the film.

And it had Wooden's girlfriend in it.

I rate it
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iEKIMtxP1PB3p.png

On the Bacon Scale

juanpablo

Banned
You can't come into our stadium anymore if you got "ultras" on shirt, banner or anything, lol. Ultras are usually good fun though, but yeah sometimes they don't quite know how to control their fireworks (seriously we were banned from coming to away matches for quite some time after that shit
LLShC.gif
). That is of course not acceptable but still think something like this is fucking amazing when done right.

Trying to hurt people and fight sounds more like hools though. Ultras are just extremely passionate without fighting.

That is class! like i've said earlier in the thread, how Denmark club football has evolved over the years is the kind of template I'd love to see in Ireland.

Would it be common for Danish people to follow Non-Danish club teams?

JesusTom

In the same post, you've said it's fact AND your opinion. Take a stance.

Are we shit fans? or are we shit fans IN YOUR OPINION?

The latter is fine, the former is bullshit.

Wilbur

Banned
500 Days of Summer was an excellent film, I feel like a fucking hipster now but whatevs. I have to say that JGL was wearing some great shirts in the film.

I rate it
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iEKIMtxP1PB3p.png

On the Bacon Scale

What a magnificent post.

The second part. 500 Days was pretty good, but the bacons are magniificent.

Arnold is Conan is a disaster waiting to happen.

He's an old man now and he's not in the correct physical condition to play the role. I suppose he could be given a mentor role and have someone else be the actual here. But thats not what fans will want to see.

HGH+CGI+stuntmen

juanpablo

Banned
I dont know if you know this but...in the real world, adults have jobs. Financial responsibilites. Not enough time. I can't be assed to follow Real España up and down the country, if I still lived in Honduras, I've got responsibilities. Would I love to? Yes. But because I don't, it makes me less of a fan? Fuck no.

Yeah but thats the thing ain't it. The guys who do go home and away, year after year juggle the same life commitments you or I do, yet still they manage to do what they do?

That's why they're the most loyal supporters. How you can take issue with that, goodness knows!

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah but thats the thing ain't it. The guys who do go home and away, year after year juggle the same life commitments you or I do, yet still they manage to do what they do?

That's why they're the most loyal supporters. How you can take issue with that, goodness knows!

Probably why their wives leave them.

faridmon

My favourite romantic movies and I hate romance i movies. There was a lot of enjoyable scene in that movie and the ending, I wish I was that strong.

pulga

Banned

Because you've been changing your discourse from less passionate to true fans to most loyals fans. I'll agree with you there, those people would be the most loyal fans. But that doesn't make me not a true fan. So stick with what youre saying and stop moving the goalposts.

Would it be common for Danish people to follow Non-Danish club teams?

Very common. Although I would say pretty much everyone got a Danish team and then follows other clubs after that and really the fan culture is at an all time low here because of shitty club management (working against rather than with the fans), although the clubs are finally waking up now when people are not bothering to show up anymore, actually just today Copenhagen hired one of the most well known ultras as a fan coordinator.

Ooooooooh. Ubisoft Sofia.

:lol

I should've known better.

Well Ubisoft does like having 90% of their dev teams working on the same ass creed games for some reason.

I rate it
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iEKIMtxP1PB3p.png

On the Bacon Scale

Shame it also had that annoying guy from the dark knight.

Meier

My buddy is lending me Borderlands 2, I've never played the first. WTF character should I select?

I'd play as a Gunzerker if I were you. I picked Zer0 since I was the Scout/Sniper (Mordecai) in the first game and Zer0 did not live up to my expectations.

I rate it
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iofglf8FwSoRl.png
iEKIMtxP1PB3p.png

On the Bacon Scale

Check out 50/50 if you haven't seen it yet. I absolutely loved it and Anna Kendrick looks insanely good in it.. especially towards the end where I was just about drooling all over myself looking at her and her cleavage.

juanpablo

Banned
In the same post, you've said it's fact AND your opinion. Take a stance.

Are we shit fans? or are we shit fans IN YOUR OPINION?

The latter is fine, the former is bullshit.

I'm not following you here, do you mean do I consider you are a "shit fan" because you don't follow Milan H&A? no not really, I have no opinion on you or your football watching habits.

Do I think the guy who does go H&A year after year is the most loyal supporter a club can have? yes most definitely! Does it really hurt your ego to read that?

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not following you here, do you mean do I consider you are a "shit fan" because you don't follow Milan H&A? no not really, I have no opinion on you or your football watching habits.

Do I think the guy who does go H&A year after year is the most loyal supporter a club can have? yes most definitely! Does it really hurt your ego to read that?

FORZA MILAN

pulga

Banned

Well apparently you do have an opinion, since you haven't shut up about it in three hours or so.

Hixx

How to win at fifa 13: go to ultra defensive as soon as the match kicks, go 4-3-3 defensive with 3 GOTTA GO FAST players, win after being slaughtered for 95% of a match - think you are good.

juanpablo

Banned
Because you've been changing your discourse from less passionate to true fans to most loyals fans. I'll agree with you there, those people would be the most loyal fans. But that doesn't make me not a true fan. So stick with what youre saying and stop moving the goalposts.

No I haven't. You've just decided to get massively overexcited when you took umbrage at some of the things I've said.

Like I presume you're an adult male, yet you're here talking about starting fist fights with randomers when following one of your 2 teams in a bar? Thats just scummy behaviour tbh. Is your ego that fragile that you had to repeatedly jump down my throat just because I hold the opinions that Madrid/Juve fans who do go to H&A season after season are the most loyal fans a club can get?

JesusTom

That's not your original point, no-one is disputing if they are more loyal than the regular supporter.

Define loyalty for me? for me club loyalty is going to game's and donating money (The LoI is quite poor).

What's loyalty for a foreign Man Utd Supporter? watch all the game's on streams, Sky or down the pub, go over once or twice a season on a package holiday and buy some merchandise in the club superstore?

The latter sounds more like a customer rather then a football supporter to me tbh. And i'm no superfan either by any means.

That was your original point, that these people who aren't as loyal aren't supporters AT ALL. Which is bullshit.

Slizz

How to win at fifa 13: go to ultra defensive as soon as the match kicks, go 4-3-3 defensive with 3 GOTTA GO FAST players, win after being slaughtered for 95% of a match - think you are good.

I must be playing wrong. I never use tactics or put much thought into formations.... I only go ultra attacking in the last 10 minutes if I ever need a goal lol.

juanpablo

Banned
Very common. Although I would say pretty much everyone got a Danish team and then follows other clubs after that and really the fan culture is at an all time low here because of shitty club management (working against rather than with the fans), although the clubs are finally waking up now when people are not bothering to show up anymore, actually just today Copenhagen hired one of the most well known ultras as a fan coordinator.

Y'see there's the difference between the Scandinavian countries and Ireland, people here will only follow an English team, but for the most part wouldn't even have a passing interest in an Irish club team.

Top Bottom