• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

In other gaming news a poster was banned for creating a thread saying if you're making a gaming OT he can get developers in on it and to provide content. He was banned.

He goes to CheapArseGamer and creates a thread stating why he's banned and it says "your PR agenda has took a inappropriate turn".

I hope my PR agenda is within the rules :(

Your PR agenda has never been appropriate.

Salvadora

In other gaming news a poster was banned for creating a thread saying if you're making a gaming OT he can get developers in on it and to provide content. He was banned.

He goes to CheapArseGamer and creates a thread stating why he's banned and it says "your PR agenda has took a inappropriate turn".

I'm nearly sure some gaming OTs are created by developers.

juanpablo

Banned
LOL you win dude, I guess at 5 you and your little buddies all hit up the stadium, at 13 you never got into a fight with a friend over a team, you glorious man. How the hell am I talking tough? Did I say I beat anyone? For all you know, I got my ass handed to me. But as I said, and since you didn't bother to read, there never WAS a fight.

But ok dude, wait let me go get my magical stadium attendance tally. Dont go away.

Or wait, do so, you're just plain insufferable and (here comes a real actual insult, since I havent hurled one yet), ignorant about the matter. You yourself don't go to away games and are a proper barstooler. I'm out, I've got this thing called a job, don't know if you know what that is, and I've got a thing to attend to. Sadly, these kinds of responsibilities don't permit me to become an ultra. Woe is me. Later Footy-GAF. Stop feeding the troll!

Snappy comeback bro, well played!

To be fair to the Lauren women who was the main focus of the article, when she was on a Destructoid podcast she always used to go on about how she loved Tomb Raider. She loved them all including the shit ones like Underworld :lol

Hey underworld wasn't that bad, was kind of a "maybe there is hope for Tomb Raider again" game.

Scum

Can we get a little more detail than that. I skimmed the article and the thread and I'm confused as to what the problem is.

Here you go mate.

I'll do a short recap:

• Keighley surrounded by doritos followed by gaming bloggers retweeting a hashtag for advertising to win a PS3 makes Florence of Eurogamer curious.
  • Florence writes an article saying how things are shady and some sound like straight up PR e.g. Wainright orgasms for everything Squenix.
  • Eurogamer/Wainwright send libel threats to Eurogamer, at which the article was edited to remove mentioning of Wainright.
  • Wainwright responds in twitter "Apology accepted" and something in the vain of applying her law classes to use.
  • Florence either steps down or is forced to resign to avoid any libel threat.
  • Both sides deny any threat or are not talking about it directly, but twitter posts hint that such threat existed. Florence is not confirming or denying whether he was fired or he stepped down.
  • "GAF and 4chan combine forces to see this standalone complex issue" alongside digital protest from Penny Arcade and more, showing what happened.
  • Wainwright's profile shows she is a freelancer for Square Enix. She admitted it and denied doing any reviews for Square Enix or shilling (she is wrong. She reviewed Deus Ex, Tomb Raider and did countless previews).
  • All this fiasco is too much for her and she privatize her twitter account. Next thing you know, she starts deleting tweets, videos and articles, and edits her profile to remove any mention of Square Enix freelancing.
  • David Jaffe offers Keighley Mountain Dew.
  • Gaming journalism.

bud

i rarely play videogames nowadays. when i do, i'm playing pes at my buddy's place. there are still a few games i want to buy (everyday shooter, journey, the last guardian, and probably some other ones i forget), but it's mostly a blu-ray player now.

Not going to lie, I get bored of all recent Tomb Raider games about 10 minutes in. The new one looks good. Isn't Underworld meant to be the bad one?

Angel of darkness, duder. Waited years for that and then it was just shit. :(

i rarely play videogames nowadays. when i do, i'm playing pes at my buddy's place. there are still a few games i want to buy (everyday shooter, journey, the last guardian, and probably some other ones i forget), but it's mostly a blu-ray player now.

0cZUq.gif

Edit: blaburn is referring to this too it seems!
I hope he wasn't permad. Tony was a good guy.

dc89

I'd like to think that as a community we're pretty welcoming to new posters, but you're being a dick, you really are.

I'd say were extremely welcoming. Mumei came to us with very little knowledge an no idea who to watch! And everyone's helped him enjoy football.

So yeah, if you're getting people's backs up. Take a look at yourself.

What the.. he gon' be in trouble yo.

Ozil knows. Adidas boots are so much better than Nike.

FootballFan

I'd say were extremely welcoming. Mumei came to us with very little knowledge an no idea who to watch! And everyone's helped him enjoy football.

So yeah, if you're getting people's backs up. Take a look at yourself.

Ozil knows. Adidas boots are so much better than Nike.

Dunno about that, according to the boots he wore:

When he wore the Nike boots vs Dortmund: 45 minutes played ended 1-1
When he wore the Adidas boots vs Dortmund: 45 minutes played lost 0-1

So as you can see, I don't know what I am talking about.

Yen

I wish the English language used the sharp s (ezsat?). A majestic looking letter.

I think that Lauren thread shows that the girl is pining for a job at Square Enix. Shameful.

edit: ahahaha, her best friend who got her started in the industry/her first job is now marketing executive at S-E

juanpablo

Banned
I'd like to think that as a community we're pretty welcoming to new posters, but you're being a dick, you really are.

Who are you to talk? the substance of your previous replies to me has been short 'witty' one-liners serving no particular purpose? This jugla lad or whatever he's called who I've been replying to has had his knickers in a twist all night, using excessive hyperbole and bad language when all I've been doing is making reasonable points in a fair and consistent manner.

That is of course, until my last reply to him.

Also I haven't been deploying GIFs all evening and been generally nasty in tone and content in my replies to ye. All I've been doing is arguing my point of view as I see it, even if ye don't like it you don't have to a dick to me about it. I'm happy to discuss and debate in a lively manner on what is supposed to be a discussion board. Some of ye have been sound about it, but several people on here start frothing at the keyboard as soon as I've posted something which offends their highly precious sensibilities.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
elsk :( I'm really scared about tonight.

Worst thing is that if we actually qualify for the next round we are gonna have to go against Monterrey. This current team I feel just cannot do it.

pulga

Banned
lol its so cute, he actually thinks he's shut me up. Again, real world responsibilities my man. Try getting one.

And I always curse, take that cucumber out of your ass :lol

Alright, gonna continue suiting up.

Clegg

Who are you to talk? the substance of your previous replies to me has been short 'witty' one-liners serving no particular purpose? This jugla lad or whatever he's called who I've been replying to has had his knickers in a twist all night, using excessive hyperbole and bad language when all I've been doing is making reasonable points in a fair and consistent manner.

That is of course, until my last reply to him.

Also I haven't been deploying GIFs all evening and been generally nasty in tone and content in my replies to ye. All I've been doing is arguing my point of view as I see it, even if ye don't like it you don't have to a dick to me about it. I'm happy to discuss and debate in a lively manner on what is supposed to be a discussion board. Some of ye have been sound about it, but several people on here start frothing at the keyboard as soon as I've posted something which offends their highly precious sensibilities.

It's like raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn

On your wedding day

Wilbur

Banned
Who are you to talk? the substance of your previous replies to me has been short 'witty' one-liners serving no particular purpose?

--->

Well like Pulga just pointed out, you don't even seem to be a true fan by your own estimations of your team which you're being relatively condescending about.

--->

So if you only go to home games, you're not a true supporter. If you'd love to go to home and away games but don't have the money, you're not a true supporter.

You're talking nonsense, to be honest. Sorry, but you are.

--->

To be fair, I do think you are looking down your nose at some of us, because you're consistently referring to you attending games. You didn't take my age or monetary situation into account.

I just think you're on your high horse a little.

--->

Have sympathy for me.

Nope. Not many five year olds went to Wimbledon or Palace games, nor did I have money to pay for tickets. I never watched Palace and Wimbledon on telly, I probably didn't know they existed until I was 9, 10 and already supported United.

I really don't see what the problem is. You support who you support. Circumstances easily could have made it so that I supported Palace, but they didn't.

--->

Well they don't go to the games so they're not real fans.

I've... just told you how it happened. I watched telly. I was five. I didn't have any money nor the means for public transport when I was five. My parents worked. I didn't know how to drive. I could not fly. I could not dress like a Cuban missionary to sneak into Craven Cottage and pretend I am a delegate looking for a parent club.

To be honest, if I wasn't studying, if I hadn't lost my job, if I did have more money, I'd try to go as much as I possibly can. If I ever win the lottery, first thing I want to do is get a season ticket or buy tickets when I can. I can't afford it. Does monetary situations not factor into it? Just because your club probably need to pay you to go.

--->

Argument, not argumentative; much like a lawyer. If corporate shills go every week in order to make an appearance, make contacts, eat fucking grapes, they're not automatically more of a fan than the ones crying at home when the team loses.

For me, I grew up in South London. The only professional club less than an hour and a half away is Crystal Palace but I was the only one in my immediate family interested in football; my brother wasn't at the time, my mum and dad don't give a shit. My mum's family from Newcastle all supported them but lived there so I didn't see them often. My dad's side weren't that much into football apart from one uncle that lives in New Zealand and supports Man Utd.

I was 5/6 when I actually remember watching football from the first time, born out of enthusiasm from playing football in Little League and at school. United played good football, they had Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole who were great together, Yorke was always smiling so I started watching them more, and then became a fan.

I just think that despite me not being able to get to games often at all, despite me not having a Mancunian accent, I still know fuck loads about the club. I know about youth prospects, I've cried when we've won and lost. No one could tell me I support them any less than the majority of people that do.

And I suppose I disagree with all this.

DAT ONE LIN-

WAIT...

Snappy comeback bro, well played!

DAT ONE LINER

Top Bottom