• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
it looked so good by that time :(

I still can't believe that Chelsea, the only team who are as bad as Spurs at penalties, beat a German side in a shoot-out in Germany. The Bayern players shat themselves.

iFzOsHVZHKyZS.gif

Should not have let Shinji play when he picked up the injury. It was obvious he was hurting. What were they thinking?

Ushojax

Should not have let Shinji play when he picked up the injury. It was obvious he was hurting. What were they thinking?

It's pretty obvious the United medical staff have no idea what they are doing. Heck, even Fergie said he could tell Vidic wasn't right in training but he still played him.

Fady K

Eid Mubarak to fellow Muslim gaffers. Wishing you all the best.

I still can't believe that Chelsea, the only team who are as bad as Spurs at penalties, beat a German side in a shoot-out in Germany. The Bayern players shat themselves.

Cech nearly saved all of them for one. Chelsea players outside of Mata took excellent penalties - against a FEARLESS Neuer. C'mon bro, I know you despise the team (and there is nothing wrong with that) but you have to give Chelsea some credit for that shootout.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli's former third GK Gianello pleads guilty to attempting to fix Napoli-Sampdoria in 2010.

Gianello approached Napoli defenders Cannavaro and Grava but they rejected him. The two are now under investigation for failure to report. Napoli likely to be deducted points.

zuniga.jpg

Ushojax

Cech nearly saved all of them for one. Chelsea players outside of Mata took excellent penalties - against a FEARLESS Neuer. I know you despise the team, but you have to give Chelsea some credit for that shootout.

Chelsea showed absolute balls of steel so they deserved to win, Drogba and Cech essentially managed to frighten Bayern into losing the match. It was extraordinary for an English team to do that to a German side.

Lightning

Banned
Cech nearly saved all of them for one. Chelsea players outside of Mata took excellent penalties - against a FEARLESS Neuer. I know you despise the team, but you have to give Chelsea some credit for that shootout.
That was what surprised me the most was that Bayern had Neuer in goal who is excellent against penalties.

Chelsea's CL campaign last season had a fairy tale like ring too it where miracles happened. The more I look back at it the more puzzled I am that they managed to achieve it and break the hearts of Napoli, Barcelona and Bayern in the process.

Fady K

Chelsea showed absolute balls of steel so they deserved to win, Drogba and Cech essentially managed to frighten Bayern into losing the match. It was extraordinary for an English team to do that to a German side.

I agree bro - even if it were Tottenham in Chelsea's place I would absolutely love it if they can pull off such a thing agajnst a powerhouse German team. In fact due to my love for AVB i hope you guys can go all the way in the Europa League. Would be AVB's second.

That was what surprised me the most was that Bayern had Neuer in goal who is excellent against penalties.

Chelsea's CL campaign last season had a fairy tale like ring too it where miracles happened. The more I look back at it the more puzzled I am that they managed to achieve it and break the hearts of Napoli, Barcelona and Bayern in the process.

I agree, even as a major Chelsea fan. I prefer the fairytale way over a straightforward mauling of every club to the final trophy as it is more exciting and intense that way.

Both our teams played very poorly in our last CL games so hopefully they pick it up in 2 weeks.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
C_3_Media_1588964_immagine_obig.jpg

Diakite's car was burned down by a Lazio true fan (ultra) because he stalled on agreeing a new deal with the club.

Ushojax

C_3_Media_1588964_immagine_obig.jpg

Diakite's car was burned down by a Lazio true fan (ultra) because he stalled on agreeing a new deal.

Ugh, we have to play them in Rome a few weeks from now. I'm sure they will do their usual gas chamber/monkey chants. Unless that £30000 fine put them off.
loooooool

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
because nothing could convince you more to stay at a club than having your car firebombed

Their ultras are unreal, they once scheduled a meeting (!) with Thuram and promised him to stop the racist chants if he agrees to join Lazio.

fuenf

Cech nearly saved all of them for one. Chelsea players outside of Mata took excellent penalties - against a FEARLESS Neuer. C'mon bro, I know you despise the team (and there is nothing wrong with that) but you have to give Chelsea some credit for that shootout.

I dont think it was a case of Chelsea frightening them, Bayern was just intimidated by the big stage / playing at home. I mean Chelsea literally had zero pressure before the game, Bayern was expected to win and should've won. Bayern were easily the best team in last years CL and both teams knew it.

Chelsea knew their best chance to win the Final would be a Penalty Shootout and consequently prepared like hell. Heynckes on the other hand doesnt believe in training penalties and it showed. Germany / German teams dominated PK's in the past because they were more prepared, just think of Lehmann in 2006, he already had a list with the tendencies of every the Argentinian player. This time Cech watched every PK Bayern took in the last five years and knew everything about the Bayern players. Sure Neuer most likely did the same, but the Chelsea players trained taking penalties and were prepared to deviate from their normal tendencies, the Bayern players werent.

Chelsea knew their best chance to win the Final would be a Penalty Shootout and consequently prepared like hell

Chelsea always prepare like crazy for penalty shootouts though, not just against Bayern and Cech trains in where the different players shoot and how, you can also go back and look at Cech vs United in the CL finale and he also went the correct way at nearly every shot. That the Chelsea players are usually shit at the actual shooting part is then another story...

Hixx

L'Equipe have called Steed Malbranque "Lyon's Paul Scholes". Fuck I miss him. His ability to hold the ball was brilliant... such an under appreciated player.

Top Bottom