• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Messi

Why would he do that, though? He's one of the best paid players in the world. Is he that greedy?

Anyway, he's a fucking great footballer, but he's a diving cunt.

You can always have more money. The only reason he left Barca was because of money, he wanted more and told Barca he wanted a bigger contract or he would like to leave and well Barca had Sergio coming up/ready so they didn't argue. Yaya said he didnt want to leave not that long ago. I am not sure if he is greedy.

He is an immense player but honestly I rather Sergio and I think Yaya is better off where he is.

Edit: At the time the gap between Barca and City was much bigger. Yaya was incredibly successful at Barca.

elsk

Banned
The gap between Barcelona and City is still big, but before Yaya joined it was HUGE. Like from Bayern to Bayern II.

Messi

The gap between Barcelona and City is still big, but before Yaya joined it was HUGE. Like from Bayern to Bayern II.

I agree the gap is still big but also agree that the gap was a lot wider when Yaya went to City. It was totally driven by money, not that I blame him.

Fry

I would move to PSG. Paris baby!

I'd stay in England.

tumblr_lnvyna2zQE1qhcv4f.gif

FootballFan

I agree the gap is still big but also agree that the gap was a lot wider when Yaya went to City. It was totally driven by money, not that I blame him.

I disagree here, after Peps first season(treble) Yaya was being used less and less, mainly a substitute to Busquets who Pep preferred(so did I). He was a great player for us and left because he was/is too good for sub appearances and copa del rey games.

He stated that he wants to come back just some months ago because he loved living Barcelona and playing for us. Money obviously had an influence but I like to believe it was the lack of football that was the main reason. (he made the same amount of appearances, but started only half as much as the previous season, that says a lot)

Though I don't see how he thinks things would be different if he came back now.

Messi

I disagree here, after Peps first season(treble) Yaya was being used less and less, mainly a substitute to Busquets who Pep preferred(so did I). He was a great player for us and left because he was/is too good for sub appearances and copa del rey games.

He stated that he wants to come back just some months ago because he loved living Barcelona and playing for us. Money obviously had an influence but I like to believe it was the lack of football that was the main reason. (he made the same amount of appearances, but started only half as much as the previous season, that says a lot)

Though I don't see how he thinks things would be different if he came back now.

He could have gone to better clubs for less money. But yes, pep was bringing up Sergio and using him more.

elsk

Banned
I think Yaya didn't completely fit in Barcelona squad. Usually, not counting Messi, Barcelona players are very 'limited' as each one has a very defined role in the squad. Busquets is the DM, Xavi is the CM, Iniesta is the CAM. Yaya is like a mix of the three, as Schweinsteiger and Vidal.

Barcelona builds players in the same template, if you look at their second team or youth squads they have a DM, a CM and a CAM just like in the senior team. The only player not replicable is Messi and that's because he was born in a differente system (NOB).

I think is a great system because you get an (almost) exact replacement for each position. In other teams, like Bayern the players are built as all-round like Schweinsteiger (DM, CM, CAM) or Mueller (ST, CF, SS, winger), Badstuber (LB, CB, DM), Alaba (LB, LW, CM, CAM), etc so you can't expect an exact copy of any of those guys.

Barca-Gaf how good is Sergi Roberto?

He's good for what I've seen. Great vision and passing, the typical Barcelona creation midfielder but shit in defense.

Meier

Scotland (Europe - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Belgium (Europe - WC Qual)(+110)

Lithuania (Europe - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Bosnia and Herzegovina (Europe - WC Qual)(-133)

Sweden (Europe - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Germany (Europe - WC Qual)(even)

Denmark (Europe - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Italy (Europe - WC Qual)(+120)

El Salvador (Concacaf - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Mexico (Concacaf - WC Qual)(-181)

Northern Ireland (Europe - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Portugal (Europe - WC Qual)(-166)

France (Europe - WC Qual)(LiveBetting)Over 2.5
Spain (Europe - WC Qual)(Top Daily Game)(even)

$5 would pay out $396. What say you, bettors?

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Yaya Touré thinking of leaving City http://sulia.com/channel/la-liga/f/cf093773-9c53-4efd-bd12-b44344e61ec2/?source=twitter

I have a feeling Kolo getting nudged out doesn't help the situation. Wish he hadn't been such an asshole and had accepted the move to Gala. ><

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn he had nice hair how old is that pic?

Fry you play ultimate team? I just got the Bayern away kit was gonna let you have it. Oh shit I got Anfield too

Fry

Fry you play ultimate team? I just got the Bayern away kit was gonna let you have it. Oh shit I got Anfield too

Haha, no, I don't, but thanks :)
I only played Seasons so far. Talking about the away kit, it has grown on me, it's the one I use the most.

elsk

Banned
Scotland (Europe - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Belgium (Europe - WC Qual)(+110)

Lithuania (Europe - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Bosnia and Herzegovina (Europe - WC Qual)(-133)

Sweden (Europe - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Germany (Europe - WC Qual)(even)

Denmark (Europe - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Italy (Europe - WC Qual)(+120)

El Salvador (Concacaf - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Mexico (Concacaf - WC Qual)(-181)

Northern Ireland (Europe - WC Qual)Over 2.5
Portugal (Europe - WC Qual)(-166)

France (Europe - WC Qual)(LiveBetting)Over 2.5
Spain (Europe - WC Qual)(Top Daily Game)(even)

$5 would pay out $396. What say you, bettors?

I have a feeling Kolo getting nudged out doesn't help the situation. Wish he hadn't been such an asshole and had accepted the move to Gala. ><

Is the México vs. El Salvador match in México? If so, then México will win. I would also bet in Costa Rica vs. Guyana, CR will win, easy money. The same goes for Cuba vs. Panamá, Panamá will destroy them.

Zabojnik

Goran Pandev (Napoli) is a lying cunt. After the infamous Juve - Napoli Super Cup match, where he got sent off after he insulted the referee: "I guess the referee speaks macedonian, otherwise he wouldn't understand what I've said to him. Goran Pandev the other day: "I didn't pronounce a single word, no idea why I got the red."

Napoli merda.

Too late!

Top Bottom