• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Fry

Can anyone give me a little help with my Xbox? I don't want to create a thread just for this.
I don't know for how long this have happened, and it's pretty simple, but I want to know why. The power light blinks about three times after I turn it off. What does this mean?

Clegg

Hard to say now. He was looking very good but then he had 2 years of injuries so who knows. 21 years old now. He is too good for the youth and reserve levels so he needs first team minutes and yeah...not sure he will get that.

IMO if SAF thought Petrucci was ready then he'd send him out on loan. He desperately needs gametime too because, as you say, he's too good for the reserves.

It also looks like Powell has usurped him in regards to the first team.

That can't be good either.

Can anyone give me a little help with my Xbox? I don't want to create a thread just for this.
I don't know for how long this have happened, and it's pretty simple, but I want to know why. The power light blinks about three times after I turn it off. What does this mean?
It has become sentient and is cursing you for turning him off

AndresON777

shooting blanks

your xbox is already dead.

Seriously tho no clue, that's odd

FootballFan

Isco too.

Well yeah of course him too. Heaps of young talents out there(most leagues seems to have quite a lot of them now), wonder which one of them will actually live up to the hype.

I want Tito to use Thiago more, he just came back from injury recently but still, I believe he is the best youngster/talent that Barca has.

K1LLER7

IMO if SAF thought Petrucci was ready then he'd send him out on loan. He desperately needs gametime too because, as you say, he's too good for the reserves.

It also looks like Powell has usurped him in regards to the first team.

That can't be good either.
Yeah not a good sign :(

Not sure but isn't he injured at the moment? If not he should be included in the first team and make the bench at least. If he moves on, hope he stays in the PL.

I might put a bet on one of Sterling and Suso to score against Reading. As good as they've been, neither have really threated the goal all that much, so the odds should be decent

From euphoria one minute, to despair the next.

One of my teams concede late into ET after leading throughout the game. Unbelievable. I'm curling up into bed

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Well yeah of course him too. Heaps of young talents out there(most leagues seems to have quite a lot of them now), wonder which one of them will actually live up to the hype.

I want Tito to use Thiago more, he just came back from injury recently but still, I believe he is the best youngster/talent that Barca has.

wat

n_f_c_barcelona_cristian_tello-3900148.jpg

Eto'o is coming to my hometown in the friendly against Colombia and I have to fucking work. Fucking interlulz in the fucking middle of the fucking week.

Slizz

I've had the pleasure of seeing Falcao score a goal live and in person. Was pretty awesome, bunch of Colombia fans all around me.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I've had the pleasure of seeing Falcao score a goal live and in person. Was pretty awesome, bunch of Colombia fans all around me.

What game?

Lots of Colombians near Miami. Lots of us here in Atlanta too.

I hope to meet him one day just so I can get my picture taken with him <3

Lightning

Banned
Gnarby is meant to be quite the talent as well. We need more Germans in the league.
From what I've seen of Gnarby he is exceptionally talented. I don't think it will be long before he is in our first team. He's got the talent.

I don't agree regarding Frimpong. I don't think he will make it at Arsenal and will become frustrated as he wont get many first team opportunities. He needs to go out on loan in January again once we get his fitness up and prove himself. At the moment his passing is sloppy, his tackles are reckless and he loses his cool. He's a red card waiting to happen and he needs to knock that shit off.

Salvadora

From what I've seen of Gnarby he is exceptionally talented. I don't think it will be long before he is in our first team. He's got the talent.

I don't agree regarding Frimpong. I don't think he will make it at Arsenal and will become frustrated as he wont get many first team opportunities. He needs to go out on loan in January again once we get his fitness up and prove himself. At the moment his passing is sloppy, his tackles are reckless and he loses his cool. He's a red card waiting to happen and he needs to knock that shit off.

It's a shame the loan was cut short because of injury. He needs game time to be honest & I can't see him getting much with us at the moment. I agree with what you and the walrus have said about him, that comparison he made with Song is quite apt.

elsk

Banned
Aye, I've heard good things about him as well. I just wonder if he'll ever get a work permit. They do my head in.

If he had signed for Manchester United he would have the work permit already :p
He's not a true striker, btw. More of an offensive allround (is that even a word?).

jtb

Banned
It's a shame the loan was cut short because of injury. He needs game time to be honest & I can't see him getting much with us at the moment. I agree with what you and the walrus have said about him, that comparison he made with Song is quite apt.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see if he gets games because at the start of the season I was sure he (and Coq) would with Diaby's horrific injury record, but Wenger seems to see Ramsey as a back-up for Diaby also. Ramsey was once a top top youth prospect before the leg break so if it's a choice between Frimpong and Ramsey, I choose Ramsey every fucking day of the week out of blind hope that he'll one day fulfill his potential.

I don't know if the window is still open (or does it only work the other way around), but at least while almost all the senior players are fit, my personal course of action would be to ship Frimpong to a Championship side to get some games, regain fitness, with an option to recall him in January. But I can't see Wenger doing that.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol Tello ? Usain Bolt speed 1 trick pony is no way better than Thiago. Not saying Tello sucks, just Thiago is better.

Nope. He has actually improved his game from last season imo. he was a one trick pony before when all he could do was that ridiculous move to his left that people caught up on quick. Even better than thiago:

martin-montoya-01.jpg

Salvadora

I'm honestly quite conflicted about Diaby. He's obviously got the talent but if he doesn't get a run of games it's all for nothing. This latest injury setback is so incredibly frustrating. I honestly thought he could play a big role this season.

If he had signed for Manchester United he would have the work permit already :p
He's not a true striker, btw. More of an offensive allround (is that even a word?).
This I don't doubt for a second. I get what you mean in the second point as well :p

Messi

Nope. He has actually improved his game from last season imo. he was a one trick pony before when all he could do was that ridiculous move to his left that people caught up on quick. Even better than thiago:

martin-montoya-01.jpg

Montoya surprised me at the Clasico, he kept a cool head and did a great job.

GorillaJu

martin-montoya-01.jpg

Looks like Fabregas' face photoshopped onto Thiago Alcantara's head.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah it'll be interesting to see if he gets games because at the start of the season I was sure he (and Coq) would with Diaby's horrific injury record, but Wenger seems to see Ramsey as a back-up for Diaby also. Ramsey was once a top top youth prospect before the leg break so if it's a choice between Frimpong and Ramsey, I choose Ramsey every fucking day of the week out of blind hope that he'll one day fulfill his potential.

I don't know if the window is still open (or does it only work the other way around), but at least while almost all the senior players are fit, my personal course of action would be to ship Frimpong to a Championship side to get some games, regain fitness, with an option to recall him in January. But I can't see Wenger doing that.
Ramsey is infinitely better than both Frimpong and Coq by a considerable margin at the moment. Ramsey is showing his talent so far this season and he has talent in abundance.

Ramsey will get the nod from Wenger ahead of Frimpong and Coq. There will be very few games this season where Ramsey doesn't take some part in them, same cannot be said for Frimpong and Coq.

Salvadora

Daily Mail is reporting that Cole is rejecting a contract extension & is leaving at the end of the season.
Cole, whose availability next summer has also alerted Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, has played in 188 out of a possible 235 games in the Premier League since signing from Arsenal six years ago.
He missed the majority of those games in his first two seasons because of problems with his ankles, but he has been reliable in the past four years.
Although Cole has to bathe his ankles in ice after games and has specially-adapted training, he has no fears about playing long term.
Didn't know this.

FootballFan

martin-montoya-01.jpg

Come on Andres lol, I have always been a fan of Cesc lookalike Montoya, always did a decent job for the u21s and Barca B but neither he or Tello(who I agree has improved) are Thiago level of talent.

Timurid

Come on Andres lol, I have always been a fan of Cesc lookalike Montoya, always did a decent job for the u21s and Barca B but neither he or Tello(who I agree has improved) are Thiago level of talent.

I heard that Rafinha is even more talented than his brother is that true?

K1LLER7

Nope. He has actually improved his game from last season imo. he was a one trick pony before when all he could do was that ridiculous move to his left that people caught up on quick. Even better than thiago.
Suprised nobody figured this out about Valencia. But I guess his strength makes him hard to deal with.

FootballFan

I heard that Rafinha is even more talented than his brother is that true?

I have heard that too, but from what I have seen of him, it doesn't look to be true.

Same things were said about Jonathan Dos Santos too when Giovani Dos Santos was playing for us. JDS hasn't really got a proper chance though, he is 22 now, Rafinha is 19.

Also Andres:
ph3wx.gif

Top Bottom