• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

dc89

Right guys, City V Ajax, where shall I sit?

ScreenShot2012-10-15at110001_zps89b20852.png

dc89

Wait until the day of the game.

City will slash ticket prices an you'll get one for cheap.

Behave yourself. Choosing a seat sucks ass.

Edit: I've sat virtually all over the show in that place, 3rd tier when Spurs beat us to the CL, bottom tier for the derby when Scholes won it with seconds left, next to the crazy Poznan & Aris fans in the Europa Leauge.
Bollocks to it, going where I've been before. Block 309, I like corner views for some reason.

dc89

Sit somewhere thats close to the halfway line, dc.

Last time I sat there we were beat by United and Spurs, the anguish was too much. I can't sit there again :(

After the Spurs game I remember getting back in the car and doing something like this with my match day programme and ticket:

0438_vqksa.gif

I just didn't know what to do next.

I don't get why Hodgeson sticks to Lampard and Gerrard, I doubt either will actually make it to the WC, due to injuries etc. He needs to be moving them on.

They're the only two English midfielders who have proven themselves capable of coming up with goal or a piece of magic from nowhere. It should be one or the other, but there's no point pretending that the players who'll be replacing them soon are any better than them

Clegg

There is a little piece about Carrick in todays Guardian.

It says that while Gerrard and Lampard are better players, Carrick should start for England as he's a better holding midfielder than the both of them.

It says that while Gerrard and Lampard are better players, Carrick should start for England as he's a better holding midfielder than the both of them.
Well it should definitely be a holding player and then one of Gerrard or Lampard.

Carrick was really good last season but he's been pretty poor so far this year and he was shit against San Marino.

I think England should switch to a 4-3-3 now anyway.

Do England have a single defensive midfielder other than Scott '45m' Parker? I mean, Carrick's fine in the role he plays, but I wouldn't want him to be tasked with shielding our defense

@Viva, Hodgson will never go for anything other than 4-4-fucking-2

Do England have a single defensive midfielder other than Scott '45m' Parker? I mean, Carrick's fine in the role he plays, but I wouldn't want him to be tasked with shielding our defense

@Viva, Hodgson will never go for anything other than 4-4-fucking-2
Parker, Barry and Carrick could all do it.

The thing is in these 442 like formations you can't have somebody just sitting and shielding the defence. That's too limited a role for a 2 man midfield.

Blablurn

lol bayern fans

1294302095-plakate-2p09.jpg

"kraft (our former keeper) wins games in milan, neuer loses them in gladbach"

498915716-plakate-2g09.jpg

"no neuer"

1194062937-plakate-2Y09.jpg

"u can save as many balls as u want, we will never accept you as one of us"

how times have changed :

oh, and here is an instant classic

834427531-plakate-2I09.jpg

dc89

Playing FIFA13 and Alan says this;

"You get a lot of footballers who say they like to go to Villa Park because of their traditions and they are a really big football club."

Really big the new massive?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
CaughtOffside saying Chelsea want Assou-Ekotto.

Obviously bollocks but still.

jksimmonsprjjy.gif

Would United fans take A.Cole on a free?

I'm not crazy about it but I wouldn't be against it either. Good player like that on a free. If the wages were reasonable, why not.

Hixx

Playing FIFA13 and Alan says this;

"You get a lot of footballers who say they like to go to Villa Park because of their traditions and they are a really big football club."

Really big the new massive?

Villa are HUMONGOUS.

110135.jpg

"wuts dat, bruv? QPR wanna give me 90k? ginormous club! yo book me a hotel bruv"

What's this about Koscielny wanting to kick Suarez?

Renato ‏@th14Renato
Koscielny: “Who is the forward I hate to face? Suarez. He is tiresome to defend against. He cheats. He pulls your shirt, giving small blows”

Renato ‏@th14Renato
Koscielny: “He [Suarez] is a player who likes to dive as soon as there is contact.”

Renato ‏@th14Renato
Koscielny: “Who is the forward I hate to face? Suarez. He is tiresome to defend against. He cheats. He pulls your shirt, giving small blows”

Renato ‏@th14Renato
Koscielny: “He [Suarez] is a player who likes to dive as soon as there is contact.”

No there was another quote (that I can't find) about wanting to kick him but not wanting to get a red.

I don't think there has ever been a good Fable game.

There was Fable 1 though that was at least half decent and showing some promise that a sequel could be really good. But MS sure managed to destroy any little hope there was for LH when they bought them, the cunts.

Kyoufu

There was Fable 1 though that was at least half decent and showing some promise that a sequel could be really good. But MS sure managed to destroy any little hope there was for LH when they bought them, the cunts.

MS didn't do anything except buy them. Molyneux failed to create games that were anything more than just empty hype.

MS didn't do anything except buy them.

You have no idea do you...?

Now first of all the first thing that happened was that 3 dev teams became 2, meaning lots of fired people, that's a pretty big one. As already talked about a few times before I was a huge fanboy (especially of Bullfrog stuff but also black anclear that a lot of things changed for the way worse very quickly. Everything from all their creative talent who had been with them ever since Bullfrog leaving when they were forced through d white) and hell even went to LH and talked to Peter, from talking to devs and everyone it's Fable game after Fable game in a MS attempt to have their own big IPs, just to them completely destroying the community that LH had used 10 years buillding up, by destroy I mean just fucking delete it cause they couldn't be bothered keeping up a forum.

There is no heart or soul left at that company anymore, they all went on to other UK developers or Media Molecule who's like in walking distance from the Lionhead buildings, even Molyneux left for fucks sake and MS only tried giving him more and more power. They keep wanting to slap FABLE on everything, it was a company that used to make new IPs all the time, now they haven't done anything but Fable for about 8 years.

Cyport

Right guys, City V Ajax, where shall I sit?

ScreenShot2012-10-15at110001_zps89b20852.png

So many choice of seats, I tried to get some for United v QPR but only seats left were at the far back of the Alex Ferguson stand.

Oh I've had great experiences at corner flag or behind the goal previously but wouldn't do it everytime

Kyoufu

Uhh what are you talking about Wooden. He failed to live up to the hype with Fable 1 and 2 just like he failed with Black and White. That was even before being bought by MS.

I know MS are the kiss of death when it comes to first party game studios but Molyneux is to blame for Fable not being as good as it was hyped up to be.

Uhh what are you talking about Wooden. He failed to live up to the hype with Fable 1 and 2 just like he failed with Black and White. That was even before being bought by MS.

I know MS are the kiss of death when it comes to first party game studios but Molyneux is to blame for Fable not being as good as it was hyped up to be.

I was talking about :

MS didn't do anything except buy them. Molyneux failed to create games that were anything more than just empty hype.

MS didn't do anything except buy them, which is clearly bullshit. A lot of shit went down and while Molyneux should shut the fuck up, MS clearly loved it and kept giving him even more power to also be the boss of RARE and such. As I said, MS destroyed any little hope of the franchise ever becoming really good.

You have no insight at all to say if Molyneux was to blame for it at all, especially when he started becoming less and less involved in Fable and just became MS puppet spokesperson.

GorillaJu

You can kick Suarez all you want the FA don't give a shit, neither do the refs. Just go to town homies, he'll get booked for diving.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You can kick Suarez all you want the FA don't give a shit, neither do the refs. Just go to town homies, he'll get booked for diving.

Suarez doesn't get whacked any more than Bale/Silva/Van Persie/Mata or any other tricky attacking player. He gets the standard rough and tumble treatment that everybody gets in the PL, only his theatrical reactions somehow make Liverpool fans think he gets it worse than others. He doesn't, he dishes it out but he can't take it himself.

suarez1llp2u.gif

Man, I wish someone could crack the code of why Suarez doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in dubious situations. With a record as clean as his I'd always assume it was the other party that might be trying to deceive the ref.

Get Dan Brown on this shit THIS CODE NEEDS A CRACKING

Man, I wish someone could crack the code of why Suarez doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in dubious situations. With a record as clean as his I'd always assume it was the other party that might be trying to deceive the ref.

Get Dan Brown on this shit THIS CODE NEEDS A CRACKING

Its bullshit though. He's being denied clear fouls. Fair enough with incidents like the Sunderland one where you need replays to determine whether there was contact or not. But when he's being denied penalties/free kicks like the Norwich clip/barge/elbow and the Huth stamp, that goes beyond anything related to benefit of the doubt

Top Bottom