• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

FootballFan

They have one chilean and Pandev, plus a lot of guys from Napoli. Chile = Napoli.
At least chileans speak some kind of scottish spanish. Can they understand each other?

Chileans are awesome and so is Napoli. Haters. Chile for 2014 WC and Napoli for Seria A 12/13 !

Sucks for Madrid, we've had to deal with missing Puyol, Villa, Abidal missing pretty much at least half of last season, and again this season. The countless injuries to Alves, Pique, Cuenca, Thiago, Cesc etc didn't help either. Madrid missing both left backs is bad news, especially now since Lass has left too. But let's not go into doicare territory :p

BigBoss

As much as I hate Madrid I never want to see their players injured. Except for that douchebag Kepler Lima (aka Pepe), he can fall in a volcano for all I care.

FootballFan

Keep dreaming! Chile won't make it to the 2014 WC you fool!
Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, Uruguay. No room for the cu...chileans :eek:

Make it to the WC? I'm saying they should win it! Pfft make it. That should be a team like Honduras' or Colombia's objective. :p

kidding, don't give 2 shits lol

Fry

In his prime, he was undoubtedly world class. I don;t see why we are making fun of him now when every player declines.

Yeah, true. Back then when I didn't had anything against Chelsea, he was one of my favorite players to watch.

He should go down as one of the best midfielders of his generation. (?)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Make it to the WC? I'm saying they should win it! Pfft make it. That should be a team like Honduras' or Colombia's objective. :p

kidding, don't give 2 shits lol

lol. Whatever European giant draws us is going to shit their pants when they see us in their group. I hope its Italia we will light them up

FootballFan

Yeah, true. Back then when I didn't had anything against Chelsea, he was one of my favorite players to watch.

He should go down as one of the best midfielders of his generation. (?)

Would probably disagree there. He will be remembered as a good midfielder, but not one of the best when quite a lot of better mids than him existed in his generation(Gerrard, Pirlo, Xavi, Shelvey/Cleverly, Schweinsteiger, Totti, Kaka, Riquelme, Scholes etc). And that's just a quick list, probably more if I put thought into it.

Don't really know what defines a 'generation' though.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Keep dreaming! Chile won't make it to the 2014 WC you fool!
Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, Uruguay. No room for the cu...chileans :eek:

A+ post bro. Either way we get 1 more spot in repechage this WC cos felipe melo's (Fry8) team qualifies automatically.

30k coiins. almost there tigre

qindarka

Banned
Would probably disagree there. He will be remembered as a good midfielder, but not one of the best when quite a lot of better mids than him existed in his generation(Gerrard, Pirlo, Xavi, Shelvey/Cleverly, Schweinsteiger, Totti, Kaka, Riquelme, Scholes etc). And that's just a quick list, probably more if I put thought into it.

I can see the argument for Pirlo, Scholes, Cleverley and (sigh) Gerrard but what I think Schweinsteiger still has quite a bit to do before he can be compared to Lampard. Won't really count Totti and Kaka as midfielders, Totti especially.

flake

In his prime, he was undoubtedly world class. I don;t see why we are making fun of him now when every player declines.

His goal scoring record is pretty amazing, and he is definitely one of Chelsea's all time greats. I guess his role in the whole AVB situation last year rubbed me the wrong way.

pappe

Shelvey and Cleverley better than Lampard??? smfh

Sloosha

Shelvey is the 2nd coming of Cleverley.

Lampard's goal scoring record from midfield is fantastic and his assist record isn't too shabby either. I think he'll be remembered as more than just a "good" midfielder.

FootballFan

^^:lol :lol of course it was a joke. Come on pappe, no one is that delusional haha.

I can see the argument for Pirlo, Scholes, Cleverley and (sigh) Gerrard but what I think Schweinsteiger still has quite a bit to do before he can be compared to Lampard. Won't really count Totti and Kaka as midfielders, Totti especially.

Yeah true I guess Totti is more like a centre forward/second striker sort of player, but Kaka is certainly a mid. Anyways it's just opinions in the end lol, but I will stick with mine and say that he probably will be remembered as a Chelsea great but not one of the best mids of his generation.

flake

Has everyone been watching the Being Liverpool documentary series? So disappointing...I find the Man City youtube channel a more informative look at club life...

Sloosha

Has everyone been watching the Being Liverpool documentary series? So disappointing...I find the Man City youtube channel a more informative look at club life...

I have no idea why but I just lost it when that kid asked Brendan Rodgers if he was going to sign Clint Dempsey.

I'm a face man. If she's hot, I don't care about her body. (preferably not too skinny or too not skinny)

Does that make sense?

joLddRFB96gzG.jpg

This announcement from Liverpool and the City Council today is quite underwhelming. I thought it would be the presentation of finalized plans and what not.

Seems like it's just confirmation that Liverpool want to stay at Anfield and the Council will help facilitate that. No drawings or anything.

Didn't he say Real were ready to get Aguero this summer? Silva too? Let's wait and see, City have shown that if a player leaves, it's on the clubs terms.
Adebayor must be loving that £5m pay-off.

Hindle

Banned
I don't get why Hodgeson sticks to Lampard and Gerrard, I doubt either will actually make it to the WC, due to injuries etc. He needs to be moving them on.

Top Bottom