• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Hixx

It's bullshit we can't bet in the usa. Bwin needs to bribe romney after he wins

CryingEagle-Flag640.jpg

Moobabe

Is...

Peter Crouch rather underrated? They're showing highlight packages of all his goals on Goals On Sunday and it makes him look amazing.

He has the highest goals to games ratio for England than anyone other than Linekar I think. But because he doesn't play for a "big club" he doesn't get picked.

If Enrique does that thing where he stands over the ball, turns towards our goal, turns towards their goal, sees a pass, turns away from the pass, dribbles back to his original position and then passes to a player who's in a position no better than his own, I'll go ballistic

Arnie

If Enrique does that thing where he stands over the ball, turns towards our goal, turns towards their goal, sees a pass, turns away from the pass, dribbles back to his original position and then passes to a player who's in a position no better than his own, I'll go ballistic

If he assists the opener like he did last year at Goodison I'll tear my pants off.

Clegg

I predict

DDG; Rafael, Rio, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Welbeck; RVP, Rooney

This seems like a team that SAF would pick. But I think he might drop Rooney into midfield to try and breakdown their weak midfield, and bolster our own weak midfield too. I'd play Hernandez instead of Welbeck too.

De Gea

Rafael
Rio
Evans
Evra

Carrick
Anderson
Cleverley

Rooney
RVP
Hernandez

LegoArmo

A lot of inexperience, if it comes off Rodgers is a genius, if it goes badly, he has a ready made excuse, but I don't think he'd use it.

Throwing kids in at the deep end is admirable.

Wilbur

Banned
This seems like a team that SAF would pick. But I think he might drop Rooney into midfield to try and breakdown their weak midfield, and bolster our own weak midfield too. I'd play Hernandez instead of Welbeck too.

De Gea

Rafael
Rio
Evans
Evra

Carrick
Anderson
Cleverley

Rooney
RVP
Hernandez

Careful with dat formation, Kyoufu gonna hate

But that's probably the team I would play; arguably Valencia instead of Hernandez to occupy Cole getting up the pitch too much, and I'd have more faith in Hernandez having an impact if Terry was playing.

This seems like a team that SAF would pick. But I think he might drop Rooney into midfield to try and breakdown their weak midfield, and bolster our own weak midfield too. I'd play Hernandez instead of Welbeck

Are you saying we have a weak midfield? :/ it's been our strongest part this season, we'd be where Liverpool are without them.

kharma45

De Gea

Rafael
Rio
Evans
Evra

Carrick
Anderson
Cleverley

Rooney
RVP
Hernandez

Yeah that's the team I'd like to see out, which means we won't get it lol.

Moobabe

Careful with dat formation, Kyoufu gonna hate

But that's probably the team I would play; arguably Valencia instead of Hernandez to occupy Cole getting up the pitch too much, and I'd have more faith in Hernandez having an impact if Terry was playing.

I'd play Valencia as well against us - not playing him, with his energy going forward and back, is asking for trouble.

Reina not playing :S

Oh well, Jones was faultless against Reading (under admittedly very little pressure,) and Reina hasn't been great this season. And Mannone comes into my FPL team :p

Wilbur

Banned
Are you saying we have a weak midfield? :/ it's been our strongest part this season, we'd be where Liverpool are without them.

Michael Cox makes a good point on the Guardian that because of Hazard/Mata/Oscar, your transition from defence to attack is great but they're not so good getting back into position when you don't have the ball. I think if we have a little speed (which doesn't mean Scholes please Fergus) we can break quick enough to get past Mikel. It's a shame Terry isn't playing, could have exploited his lack of pace.

Clegg

It's better than our midfield but still not very good. They can attack but don't defend well at all.

Ramires is the only real player you have for doing the dirty work.

Yen

Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Neville, Osman, Fellaini, Naismith, Mirallas, JELLYFISH

He's not risking Hibbert vs Sterling.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd play Valencia as well against us - not playing him, with his energy going forward and back, is asking for trouble.

Yeah, agreed. I'd have Rooney and RVP switching from wide left to the centre throughout and Valencia covering Rafael on the right.

Moobabe

Yeah, agreed. I'd have Rooney and RVP switching from wide left to the centre throughout and Valencia covering Rafael on the right.

I'm looking forward to a cracking game though - I fancy us (as I would) but only just - there's too much attacking threat in this United side not to trouble us. Unless they all get injured in the warm up...

Arnie

Hearts pounding now, belly's spinning. Can't lose, please don't lose, not to these. Uncle's updated his Facebook with some shite about Naismith scoring the opener. Bore off.

I did a little prayer in the shower before.

sohois

Reina not playing :S

Oh well, Jones was faultless against Reading (under admittedly very little pressure,) and Reina hasn't been great this season. And Mannone comes into my FPL team :p

A bit of a risk, but sends out a good signal to Reina and the rest of the team - players aren't undroppable and good form will be rewarded.

Moobabe

Hearts pounding now, belly's spinning. Can't lose, please don't lose, not to these. Uncle's updated his Facebook with some shite about Naismith scoring the opener. Bore off.

I did a little prayer in the shower before.

I wish you luck because I like you - but I want Everton to win because I hate Liverpool. Sorry man.

K1LLER7

I want Valencia to play, we looked shite in the CL without width. I'd play Valencia on the right or if it's a 3 man midfield, play him on the right of the 3 in midfield. He'll help Rafael and get at Cole.

Clegg

Are we completely excluding hazard mata and Oscar here?

Mikel is a very good tackler but his passing is terrible (see Juve game).

Great in attack.

Don't do anything in defence.

I wouldn't consider any of those three to be midfielders in the traditional sense. They're all small, technical players that play in the more advanced areas.

Moobabe

Great in attack.

I wouldn't consider any of those three to be midfielders in the traditional sense. They're all small, technical players that play in the more advanced areas.

Hazard tracks back and both he and Oscar get stuck in if needs be - but you're right - we're lacking a De Jong type player.

I'll take that.

If Suso scores we riot.

Who? :p

Arnie

Great in attack.

I agree with you, when I talk about Chelsea's midfield I refer to Lampard, Ramires, and Mikel. Oscar, Hazard, and Mata are all tools of attack, for me. They aren't going to dictate the tempo of the game, they're going to receive the ball and burst as one for the opposition goal. It's a frightening combination, but one that's quite flimsy overall if you get at it in the right manner.

I don't enjoy Everton vs Liverpool games. I'm way too nervous and they're rarely entertaining at Goodison.
Same. I hate derby games. Just want them over with.

Fry

I think both teams in the derby have quality that wasn't seen in the past two years, IMO. It'll be a great game.

Top Bottom